• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App]Cinemo(Beta 2 Release 3) - Movie Showtimes for Touch Pro and Diamond

Search This thread

danielgary

Dec 15, 2008
If you download it, could you please let me know what you think about it? This is my first WinMo app and I would like it to be as great as it can be.

Thanks in advanc,
Daniel Gary

MyNarwhalBacon

Nov 1, 2008
So-Cal
I love where this app could go.

Suggestions:
* Rotten Tomstoes or Metacritic ratings and sortings
* Favorite theater settingd
* Next day or week times
* Imdb link

Thanks for the program!

justin747

Mar 7, 2008
Wow. pretty good app. its not heavy and closes easily. is this seriously your first? the only thing it lacks that i could think of is landscape support and a mileage option so i can search a few miles outside of my zip. im in st louis so i have the option of theaters in illinois and missouri. it wont read both. but thats nitpicking on my part. great app. and good timing also. my pocket express movie showtimes expired today... :D

jrbarricane

Mar 15, 2006
Zaragoza
www.faea.es
I tried to install in a spanish rom touch pro. The installation was ok, but when I try to open the app it gives an error...

I`m very interesting in this app...

Thank you in advance
Regards

danielgary

Dec 15, 2008
@jesusishere
I love your ideas for the most part. I am not sure I can pull next day or next week showtimes(it depends on if a theater reports them early or not). But I certainly like the idea of a rotten tomatoes or metacritic score and an imdb link. Thanks for the input!

@justin747
I hadn't really considered landscape support that necessary since it doesn't require in text input throughout the app. What would you use it for exactly?

@DANDANA
I would love to implement a worldwide version. It's certainly something to think about

@jrbarricane
What error did you get when you opened the app?

jrbarricane

Mar 15, 2006
Zaragoza
www.faea.es
Well, if i try to open the app without a connection, it gives me an error, but I can't tell you becouse it says that i need to have the .neterrormeseges... or something like that, installed (not the .net 3.5 that I do have it...).

If I open the app with a connetion (activesync or wifi) then it opens, but when I try to see the file of a movie, then gives me same error...

Sorry for my horrible english... I do my best...

danielgary

Dec 15, 2008
Well, if i try to open the app without a connection, it gives me an error, but I can't tell you becouse it says that i need to have the .neterrormeseges... or something like that, installed (not the .net 3.5 that I do have it...).

If I open the app with a connetion (activesync or wifi) then it opens, but when I try to see the file of a movie, then gives me same error...

Sorry for my horrible english... I do my best...
Yes, I just found the issue with movies with no showtimes in the area giving an error. I'm working to fix it right now.

ptyindian

Nov 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
also do you think you could possibly add:
Directions to the theater?
searching by specific movie? (To see where it is playing)
Searching by specific theater? (That one special theater you like)
Ill let you know of anything else i can think of.

danielgary

Dec 15, 2008
also do you think you could possibly add:
Directions to the theater?
searching by specific movie? (To see where it is playing)
Searching by specific theater? (That one special theater you like)
Ill let you know of anything else i can think of.
"Searching by specific movie"

Isn't that how it works right now? You scroll to the movie you want, pick it, and there is a dropdown box of theaters to pick from?

As to the theaters, that is certainly something I have been planning on. It shouldn't take too much work.

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
I was thinking about writing something just like this. Awesome job. Where do you get your theater list?

justin747

Mar 7, 2008
@jesusishere
I love your ideas for the most part. I am not sure I can pull next day or next week showtimes(it depends on if a theater reports them early or not). But I certainly like the idea of a rotten tomatoes or metacritic score and an imdb link. Thanks for the input!

@justin747
I hadn't really considered landscape support that necessary since it doesn't require in text input throughout the app. What would you use it for exactly?

Yea good point. i used it earlier today with great results. didnt even notice landscape was missing. i love the simplicity of it. i can find a movie time in like 20 seconds.

g2tl

Nov 27, 2007
Boston
I used to spend so much time trying to find movies in google through opera mobile!!

Way to go :D

kborer22

Dec 30, 2008
how do you "enter" or select the new zip code, i see how to enter a new one, but not how to make that the zip code to find movies for

thanks

uglynip1980

Oct 24, 2008
bne
is this for the usa only??? cause im in australia and we only have 4 number postcodes.. hey can some1 try this for me plzz and reply back to see if it works with australia.. postcode 4001 thanks