[APP]Cloned TodayScreen - SecondToday - Alpha version

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Since my next device will be an xda diamond (at least i hope :D ) where Today-Plugins can't be used together with TouchFlo 3D.. i've release a very early alpha version of SecondToday.
An application that behaves like the default-todayscreen. This way you can use e.g. TouchFlo 3D and all your today-plugins (wrapped by SecondToday).

Tap and Hold on a free window area will open the settings-dialog!!!

Project: http://www.chi-tai.net/tools#SecondToday

Feedback, Bug Reports, Suggestions are welcome either here or at discussion-forum http://www.chi-tai.net/discuss

if it is a useful program, then i guess there will be feedback :D

Image with support for Big TrayIcons (more fingerfriendly):

The attached cab remaps the left softkey for switching between default-todayscreen and SecondToday.

Manual for remaping of Manila Keys:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2395808&postcount=67

Manual for remaping todayscreen keys:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=313171

Attachments

Last edited:

therealholg

Jan 15, 2006
Hey ikarus, i'll gave your SecondToday 0.25 a shot and I'm quite impressed. I use it with the Diamond on the Left-Softkey on Hometab.

The only todayplugin I use is TodayAgenda ... there are some redrawing glitches after changing its preferences: it shows only a quarter of the screen, maybe you didn't notice this with qvga, but if I restart SecondToday everything is OK

Very nice work so far

My only wish is that I can hide the SecondToday by pressing left softkey, this would be great because i could toggle the two today screens.

heartwork

Jun 18, 2006
i run second today with bepe's 0.53GER - rom and it works. i only need battery status to run in background to keep track of my call times and data amount, so i only switch to second today once a day or so. most of the time i have to kill and restart it to get in on screen though...

but so far: thumbs up!another great piece of work!

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Hey ikarus, i'll gave your SecondToday 0.25 a shot and I'm quite impressed. I use it with the Diamond on the Left-Softkey on Hometab.
great :)

The only todayplugin I use is TodayAgenda ... there are some redrawing glitches after changing its preferences: it shows only a quarter of the screen, maybe you didn't notice this with qvga, but if I restart SecondToday everything is OK
should be fixed with 0.2.6
download again.

My only wish is that I can hide the SecondToday by pressing left softkey, this would be great because i could toggle the two today screens.
good idea :)
try 0.2.6

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
When I start SecondToday I get the message

Failed to load System Today-Watermark!

what the hell is the reason?

I have Bepes 0,53 ROM
oh.. SecondToday can't find the background-image of today-screen..

i know the app is in an early state, but if you want to help then send me a pm and we will try looking for the cause.

btw. there are still some things like reordering of plugins (settings) and scrolling of window in work and available soon.

for screenshots.. there's no need since it looks like the regular today-screen with plugins :D

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
i run second today with bepe's 0.53GER - rom and it works. i only need battery status to run in background to keep track of my call times and data amount, so i only switch to second today once a day or so. most of the time i have to kill and restart it to get in on screen though...

but so far: thumbs up!another great piece of work!
this is a know issue..
solution so far.. add it to the exception list of htc-taskmanager and bring the SecondToday-Window to front by starting the program (executeable) again.

anubis.genix

May 29, 2006
another masterpiece from ikarus!
now i can use my loved bs again :)
we're not supposed to arrange the order of plugins in the latest 0.2.6 version, right?

hochgattererjohann

Dec 5, 2007
ok - Now it runs

It is not enough to select a Theme - it is nessecary to select a definitiv Picture with resolution 640 x 480.

Thanks for helping to build in ohter plugins into the Diamond TouchFlo 3d

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
which features do you plan to implement in future releases ikarus?
hm.. good question..
at first it should behave like default-todayscreen

then some features for plugin-developers are already implemented and used by BatteryStatus.
e.g. Performance features for quicker response or faster drawing like TODAYM_REQUESTREFRESH (which isn't supported by old windows mobile builds) to immediately recalculating the height..

So.. the most important feature is stability and performance.

I have some ideas to integrate trayicons, but this would only work with BatteryStatus since i don't want to hook the system or something similar only for trayicons.

And of course if you have ideas for a "better TodayScreen" then let me know hehe

zmob123

Mar 21, 2008
I like it

Great idea. This is a must for those who use other plug-ins. I'll stick with you on this one. First I installed it, however the image I use for the today background (which with FLO 3D creates the background for the start menu) also creates the background for 2ndToday, can that be individualized in the config menu with a simple browse to file type function. Be cool to have a normal flo 3d background, and a naked chick in black heels on the secondtoday screen :D.

2. Is there a way for a checkbox option to bind the touchflo3d right softkey to activate the secondtoday screen. Right now I use WKTask which puts the minimized icon at the top to quickly switch over. Using it on one of the launcher buttons doesn't make for a super fast switch to hide the naked chick:D

3. Is there an option to make the naked chick dance:D

Keep up the good work. Just questions, not suggestions, just glad you did it. Can't wait to see the progress.