snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
c6757786-56f9-422c-bd78-3d84044b725f
475ea63e-f3d8-4a00-a1f1-11f8bdfd9fd8
602e9077-8cb5-4c9d-b650-e8a7fdb533f8

CloudMuzik is a Google Play Music client specifically made for WP8 phones.

The application supports the following:
  • Full Library support
  • Full Refresh of music library
  • Refresh of latest songs uploaded
  • Playlist support
  • Social sharing of current song
  • Repeat and Shuffle capabilities
  • Pinning of Artist, Album, Playlist and Genre to Start
  • Background Audio
  • Local song caching
If you enjoy this, please give a good rating and helpful comments on how to improve

Thanks!

Version 1.2.1.5 Features:
  • More Stability Fixes
  • Uses SQLite instead of SQLCe
  • Playlist modification
  • Song Caching improvements
  • Slide to change song on player page

Version 1.2.1.4 Features:
  • Stability fixes
  • Allow deletion of Cached Songs from within Settings Menu
  • Song position picks back up where you left off when paused for a while
  • Fixed issues with duplicate songs
  • Added ability to rate app from within application bar menu
Please post here for any issues or send an e-mail to support@cloudmuzikwp7.com. I'll do my best to respond quickly and help.

Edit: This post will have the latest features to be expected in v1.2.1.5 as well as a way to help figure out what's going on while it sets at "Loading Library" for extended periods of time.

Download Here

Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Hi Jeremy,

thanks for the WP8 version. Running great on my Lumia 920.:good::good::good:

Cheers

contable

dazednfazed

Dec 26, 2010
1 concern

Some of the songs start at the 0:59 mark and continues to play from there. Other than that this seems to be this app is solid!

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Some of the songs start at the 0:59 mark and continues to play from there. Other than that this seems to be this app is solid!

Yeah, I found this bug AFTERWARDs. It's in regards to the pausing mechanism. If some songs start at the :59 mark, pause then un pause and it should play the rest of the songs normally. It will be fixed in the next release.

Phil_UK

Jul 26, 2009
Hi,
This is definitely the best of the bunch I have seen so far. Great work.

A future feature that would be nice - scrobbling ?

Also....is there a 'Shuffle All' option as well as 'Shuffle Album' ?

Well done
Phil

Last edited:

Phil_UK

Jul 26, 2009
Bug

Hi,

After starting app several hours after last using it (including a phone restart in this time after battery died) I cannot get past the login screen. It is requesting a google two step code again, as I received the text from google, but does not let me reenter login details...no keyboard...just stuck on login page.

Edit - Reinstalled and tried restarting phone after successful initial login. Not able to repeat error (on Nokia 920) so far.

Cheers
Phil

Last edited:

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Hi,
This is definitely the best of the bunch I have seen so far. Great work.

A future feature that would be nice - scrobbling ?

Also....is there a 'Shuffle All' option as well as 'Shuffle Album' ?

Well done
Phil

As of right now it will shuffle the current selection of songs you have. If you are playing from an album, then when you press the shuffle button on the player page, it will shuffle through those songs. If you click on an artist and then click on a song, it will shuffle through those songs. I'm working on making some changes to the shuffling

dedrics

Dec 20, 2009
Help...Library will not load

I have an HTC 8x on Verizon. My google account has about 10,000 songs in it. I am locate din the US. THe login jscreen just staes keeps saying loading library. Do you have nay idea what could be the problem. Other apps like cloud city Muzik, and groovster loads and works flawless. However this does not. Any ideas?

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
I have an HTC 8x on Verizon. My google account has about 10,000 songs in it. I am locate din the US. THe login jscreen just staes keeps saying loading library. Do you have nay idea what could be the problem. Other apps like cloud city Muzik, and groovster loads and works flawless. However this does not. Any ideas?

Hi dedrics,

I saw the e-mail you sent to me and I replied to it. Basically you are one of 3 people that I have seen this happen to. I am still trying to figure out why this is happening. I am putting some additional logging in to the next version and even adding a function that will allow the user to send me logs if it sits at loading library for an extended period of time. I'm sorry you're running into this issue as it doesn't even make sense to me what's blowing up. I'll do whatever I can to help you out though so feel free to initiate e-mails with me ok?

Thanks

nicoboum

Apr 25, 2011
This app works great for me, except for the Audio Background, it stays black while playing. HTC 8X.

thefunkaygibbon

Apr 9, 2010
Stafford
I've noticed that when I pause a track, then come back to it, it will start from the start of that track.

At first I thought it was something to do with the network going to sleep, but if I pause it and play straight away, the same thing happens.

I have also noticed that artists that start with 'the' come under 'T'. For example, 'The Specials' should come under 'S', not 'T'

DDReaper

Oct 24, 2010
How do you download songs ? i would like to download my whole library on my lumia 920, can i do that ?

nicoboum

Apr 25, 2011
How do you download songs ? i would like to download my whole library on my lumia 920, can i do that ?

You can download a whole album or artist. But it is cached and will only be viewed by CloudMuzik.
In your case, you should download Google Play Music Manager on your PC. There's a function that downloads all your songs. Then transfer them to your Lumia.

The playback that doesn't resume is very frustrating :)
I noticed that Gooroovster has the same issue. Is Google making hard for you to memorize the playback status ?

Reactions: snickler

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
You can download a whole album or artist. But it is cached and will only be viewed by CloudMuzik.
In your case, you should download Google Play Music Manager on your PC. There's a function that downloads all your songs. Then transfer them to your Lumia.

I noticed that Gooroovster has the same issue. Is Google making hard for you to memorize the playback status ?

The playback issue with resuming was my fault :p. I put in a fix that would actually write the position of the current track to the isolated storage and then read from it. My issue with the fix was that it will sometimes get into a deadlock with the method that reads from the saved position before it gets to set it back to 0 when the song is changed. I have this worked out in the next version. I unfortunately didn't even catch this until shortly after it was approved.

Feel free to post your annoyances, feature suggestions here.

Oh and something else.

For those who are getting stuck at "Loading Library" forever .

I thought of an idea. Fiddler (preferably) on your computer and capture the traffic starting from /music/listen (You'll have to enable HTTPS capturing for this to work). Send your .saz or even just the URLs it keeps trying to hit to me at support@cloudmuzikwp7.com. This will help me to understand and figure out what I'm doing wrong in my code that seems to fail for those select few users. Here is a link to Fiddler's website to show how to set this up. http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler/help/phone.asp

Lastly,

I wanted to have the newest version ready for this week, but I've become busy this week. Here's a list of newer features to be expected:

• Playlist modification and addition
  • Swipe to change the next track on the player page
  • Tapping the artist/song from the native playback will go to the player instead of the Logging In screen
  • Live Tile
  • Able to view the previous songs in the Media History
  • Enhanced logging capabilites
  • Manually send logs. You'll be able to even send logging data while it is initially logging on.

Last edited:

DDReaper

Oct 24, 2010

i don't care if it can only by view by CloudMuzik, I only want to be able to listen music while i'm in the subway for exemple.
How do you download an album in the cache ? does the cache have a limit ?

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com

i don't care if it can only by view by CloudMuzik, I only want to be able to listen music while i'm in the subway for exemple.
How do you download an album in the cache ? does the cache have a limit ?

Click on the particular album and at the bottom, press the cache button on the application bar. It will be right next to the pin to start button.

You can even cache entire artists, and genres also by doing this same method.

If you want to access the cached songs, go to the main page of the app where you have the full listing of songs, artists, albums, etc and click the ellipsis then go to Cached Songs.

As for cache limits. It is the limit of the space on your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    c6757786-56f9-422c-bd78-3d84044b725f
    475ea63e-f3d8-4a00-a1f1-11f8bdfd9fd8
    602e9077-8cb5-4c9d-b650-e8a7fdb533f8

CloudMuzik is a Google Play Music client specifically made for WP8 phones.

The application supports the following:
    • Full Library support
    • Full Refresh of music library
    • Refresh of latest songs uploaded
    • Playlist support
    • Social sharing of current song
    • Repeat and Shuffle capabilities
    • Pinning of Artist, Album, Playlist and Genre to Start
    • Background Audio
    • Local song caching
    If you enjoy this, please give a good rating and helpful comments on how to improve

Thanks!

Version 1.2.1.5 Features:
    • More Stability Fixes
    • Uses SQLite instead of SQLCe
    • Playlist modification
    • Song Caching improvements
    • Slide to change song on player page

Version 1.2.1.4 Features:
    • Stability fixes
    • Allow deletion of Cached Songs from within Settings Menu
    • Song position picks back up where you left off when paused for a while
    • Fixed issues with duplicate songs
    • Added ability to rate app from within application bar menu
    Please post here for any issues or send an e-mail to support@cloudmuzikwp7.com. I'll do my best to respond quickly and help.

Edit: This post will have the latest features to be expected in v1.2.1.5 as well as a way to help figure out what's going on while it sets at "Loading Library" for extended periods of time.

Download Here

All,

Version 1.5 is out in the marketplace. I've listed the new features in the first post. One thing to note is that All-Access streaming isn't available as of yet. I'm still working with some inconveniences that it's given me, but I hope to have it included in a new beta soon.

The playback issue with resuming was my fault :p. I put in a fix that would actually write the position of the current track to the isolated storage and then read from it. My issue with the fix was that it will sometimes get into a deadlock with the method that reads from the saved position before it gets to set it back to 0 when the song is changed. I have this worked out in the next version. I unfortunately didn't even catch this until shortly after it was approved.

Feel free to post your annoyances, feature suggestions here.

Oh and something else.

For those who are getting stuck at "Loading Library" forever .

I thought of an idea. Fiddler (preferably) on your computer and capture the traffic starting from /music/listen (You'll have to enable HTTPS capturing for this to work). Send your .saz or even just the URLs it keeps trying to hit to me at support@cloudmuzikwp7.com. This will help me to understand and figure out what I'm doing wrong in my code that seems to fail for those select few users. Here is a link to Fiddler's website to show how to set this up. http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler/help/phone.asp

Lastly,

I wanted to have the newest version ready for this week, but I've become busy this week. Here's a list of newer features to be expected:

• Playlist modification and addition
    • Swipe to change the next track on the player page
    • Tapping the artist/song from the native playback will go to the player instead of the Logging In screen
    • Live Tile
    • Able to view the previous songs in the Media History
    • Enhanced logging capabilites
    • Manually send logs. You'll be able to even send logging data while it is initially logging on.

No problem. Let me know of any issues you run into.