[APP][CM11] Port QuickRemote from G3

Search This thread

zzeneg

Feb 10, 2013
Hey guys!

I've recently made a port of LG QuickRemote from LG G3. After a week of testing on our local forum I decided to publish it here.

info:
- all features are working
- ART is supported
- looking pretty good on non-standard dpi

supported ROMs:
- CM11
- Slimkat
- Mahdi
- maybe any other custom rom. OmniROM is not supported (you can only add your own remotes on this rom)

installation:
- flash the zip with the recovery

Many thanks to @RieGo, I'm using his flashable zip's (I just replaced apk's with my own).

Attachments

• QRemoteG2.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 18,914
  • QRemote_uninstall.zip
    124 KB · Views: 5,392

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
Hey guys!

I've recently made a port of LG QuickRemote from LG G3. After a week of testing on our local forum I decided to publish it here.

info:
- all features are working
- ART is supported
- looking pretty good on non-standard dpi

supported ROMs:
- CM11
- Slimkat
- Mahdi
- maybe any other custom rom. OmniROM is not supported (you can only add your own remotes on this rom)

installation:
- flash the zip with the recovery

Many thanks to @RieGo, I'm using his flashable zip's (I just replaced apk's with my own).

I have no manufacturers in my list.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Cool, I might give this a try, QR is the only thing holding me back from using ART, although honestly QR on the G2 is pretty limited.. Narrow beam, and the main remote I'd use (DirecTV) is quite limited.

This way I'll have both ;) I'll let you know how it goes on AOKP.

BTW, if anyone does have to edit the props to make this work, I'd suggest adding it to /data/local.prop not /system/build.prop

funkybrunk

Sep 5, 2010
For an easy upgrade from the G2 remote, I deleted the LGquickremote.apk from system/apps and installed the zip via recovery. All my device setups from the G2 version carried over. No issues with art either. On latest Mahdi.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Hmm, my configurations didn't carry over, but then again, I just flashed the new zip and it cleaned up. Anyway, no biggie I guess. I only had one custom remote and it was only a few buttons for my AV center.

DirecTV works, but I swear there are less buttons.. Like I can NOT find the List or Guide button anywhere!? Nothing to do with this port obviously, but just odd.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone