[APP][CM11] Port QuickRemote from G3

Search This thread

LuHash

Jul 29, 2010
Elblag
maybe it would be worth a try to extract new quickremote from leaked lollipop release from LG? I'm missing QR in CM12...
just read that QR is available in lollipop release for G3, so maybe there's a chance you could port it?

Reactions: natemup

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Can't get to work rom info is my in signature

?Brought to you from my sugary G2
PHN - ls980 (sprint)
AND - 5.0
ROM - Liquid ? v4.0
KRN - Render 2.4.0 (R3)
RCV - TWRP 2.8.1.1 (blastagator)

ShadowEO

Mar 15, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Can't get to work rom info is my in signature

PHN - ls980 (sprint)
AND - 5.0
ROM - Liquid ? v4.0
KRN - Render 2.4.0 (R3)
I see that you have two signatures in this post, which one is correct? This version of QuickRemote does not support Lollipop. You'd need to either wait for a port from the G3 Lollipop ROM or attempt to port it yourself sadly.

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
I see that you have two signatures in this post, which one is correct? This version of QuickRemote does not support Lollipop. You'd need to either wait for a port from the G3 Lollipop ROM or attempt to port it yourself sadly.
I guess I'll have to wait
What do you mean 2 signatures I've only ever posted here once

PHN - ls980 (sprint)
AND - 5.0
ROM - Liquid ? v4.0 (11/26)
KRN - Render 2.4.0 (R3)

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
I would really like to patch QRemote on the LG G Pad 8.3 v500 stock ROM so that QRemote works on AOSP based roms. Could you possibly post the changes you made to this application to make it work on AOSP?

ShadowEO

Mar 15, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I guess I'll have to wait
What do you mean 2 signatures I've only ever posted here once

PHN - ls980 (sprint)
AND - 5.0
ROM - Liquid ? v4.0 (11/26)
KRN - Render 2.4.0 (R3)

You had the Brought to you from my sugary G2 signature and the actual forum signature which confused me a little bit, I thought I saw your actual forum signature say AND - 4.4, my apologies. I noticed that I was wrong.

Anyone else notice that the QRemote APK doesn't seem to be in the leaked G3 system dump?

EDIT: Actually, I do see your forum signature (not your tapatalk signature) which says "ROM -- Liquid Smooth 4.4.4", that's where I got confused at.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4thehalibit

liamR

Feb 14, 2007
Is there a way to import different remotes database?

I know that when you change the country code there are different remotes but I want to import from another rom. Can it be done? Where is the database files location?

Rasmux

Sep 24, 2012
Miami, FL
Am I missing something here? I flashed the zip and it went right but i see no apks or anything new? Im running Carbom rom (cm11) 4.4.4 on T Mobile Lg G3

ShadowEO

Mar 15, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
maybe it would be worth a try to extract new quickremote from leaked lollipop release from LG? I'm missing QR in CM12...
just read that QR is available in lollipop release for G3, so maybe there's a chance you could port it?

I tried to extract it from the system dump, however the only things I could find were the QuicksetAPI APK and a vendor overlay APK that was related to QuickRemote, I couldn't find the actual QuickRemote application. :( I think we'll have to wait until someone posts the APK from a live phone running the G3 Lollipop version of QR.
@Murtagh92: It's empty because both QuickRemote and Quickset don't seem to work properly on 5.0 yet. You'll have to wait for someone to come along with an updated set of patched APKs.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone