[APP][CM7/9/10]Fixed TouchWiz TaskManager

Search This thread

AmmarGitham

Dec 30, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
Everybody knows the CM9/10 ROMs are smooth and Awesome. But what they lack is a TaskManager. This need was fulfilled by the RemICS ROMs which got TouchWiz TaskManager to CM9 and now CM10. But only thing I hated was that the TaskManager force closed when the options key was pressed. After few months I thought that must have been rectified, but I tried the TaskManager from RemICS 1.6, the problem was still there. (Nothing against the RemICS team, the ROM is AWESOME)

So I took it in my own hands to fix the problem... And I DID...!!!

Screenshots:

zXVIg.png
NN9i2.png
8hBP9.png

I've attached the TaskManager.apk. All you have to do is place it in /system/app/ with permissions rw-r-r and reboot.

Note: I've tried many times to install it as normal app but it never works.
Thanks. :)

EDIT: User
txtmikhail tested the app on CM7 and it works. :laugh:

*EDIT: Thank You erpurohit for the flashable zip.

Now you can just flash the zip from the recovery. Since it's a universal flasher, a backup flashable zip will be automatically created to revert back if needed.

Download the zip from HERE.

Attachments

• TaskManager.apk
    739.6 KB · Views: 21,710
Last edited:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Will try it right now and report back.
==================
Works well. No issues again. Thanks once more.

Last edited:
Reactions: omkar9496

AmmarGitham

Dec 30, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
@ ammar

Hey ammar u are really doing great work :) I think u should work with dhiru so that u can work on cm9 & cm10 roms corrections.

Actually I don't have any idea of Kernel or ROM development. I'm slowly understanding smali modding. I was already well versed in layouts xml and all. So I can do all this, but what dhiru is doing is way above. :(

BassBlaster

Dec 12, 2011
Dubai
Would it be possible to mod multitasking menu to include a task manager button which opens up touchwiz task manager like in stock gb?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

YousifNael

Jul 19, 2012
WTH , even works on Xperia S
And its not running cm9/10
AWESOME JOB :victory:

EDIT: will be using this on my rom if thats ok :D

rel500

Aug 4, 2009
Miami
can we make it to as if u hit the home button it pops up saying task manager ?

Sent from my Google powered Galaxy 2

daasguy

Nov 12, 2009
IT WORKS ON CM10 JELLY BRO (EUROSHANKS) FOR NEXUS S (CRESPO)
ALTHOUGH DON'T KNOW IF ITS ANY GOOD FOR THE SYSTEM BUT FOR YOUR OWN SATISFACTION ITS THERE :p :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everybody knows the CM9/10 ROMs are smooth and Awesome. But what they lack is a TaskManager. This need was fulfilled by the RemICS ROMs which got TouchWiz TaskManager to CM9 and now CM10. But only thing I hated was that the TaskManager force closed when the options key was pressed. After few months I thought that must have been rectified, but I tried the TaskManager from RemICS 1.6, the problem was still there. (Nothing against the RemICS team, the ROM is AWESOME)

So I took it in my own hands to fix the problem... And I DID...!!!

Screenshots:

zXVIg.png
    NN9i2.png
    8hBP9.png

I've attached the TaskManager.apk. All you have to do is place it in /system/app/ with permissions rw-r-r and reboot.

Note: I've tried many times to install it as normal app but it never works.
    Thanks. :)

EDIT: User
    txtmikhail tested the app on CM7 and it works. :laugh:

*EDIT: Thank You erpurohit for the flashable zip.

Now you can just flash the zip from the recovery. Since it's a universal flasher, a backup flashable zip will be automatically created to revert back if needed.

Download the zip from HERE.
    @ ammar

Hey ammar u are really doing great work :) I think u should work with dhiru so that u can work on cm9 & cm10 roms corrections.

Actually I don't have any idea of Kernel or ROM development. I'm slowly understanding smali modding. I was already well versed in layouts xml and all. So I can do all this, but what dhiru is doing is way above. :(
    TochWiz Task Manager for CM11

Does this work on CM11 as well??

I made a simple flashable zip for the task manager.
    This task manager works on CM11.

Download the attached file and flash through CWM Recovery.
    I'm only sharing this flashable zip I made for myself because the flashable zip from @AMMAR768 didn't work on my philz_touch recovery.
    All the credit goes to the people who developed and ported it and shared it here on the first place. :)

Tested devices:
    Galaxy SL i9003 running CM11
    Galaxy S3 LTE SHV-E210K running CM11
    Epic 4G running CM11 Nightly (thanks to @EpicMikeNC)
    Samsung SGH-T679

Say Thanks if I have helped you. =)

Original Post from ammar768

Regards
    Link to flashable zip added to OP.
    I have galaxy s3 (i9300) with CM10 but i cant find /data/sys-parts
    should i create it?

No... For our device the system apps were there. For you it should be /system/apps/