[APP][CM7] Stock Touchwiz MMS clone for CM7

Search This thread

bngrybt

Feb 2, 2013
Just a modification of the MMS app found at this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1616499

Modified it to look like the stock Touchwiz MMS as much as possible since there really aren't any decent looking alternatives. Sure I could use Go or Handcent but I wanted the stock look.

Just replace Mms.apk in /system/app and make sure it's chmod is 644 and you should be good to go.

Update:
- Changed color scheme so that it gets colors from values/colors.xml rather than having them hard coded with Touchwiz color scheme. This way it's easier to customize the conversation list to match your theme better if you plan on decompiling and playing with it yourself. See post below for customizing message text, as it isn't quite as obvious.
- Fixed Compose icon in menu... was showing Attachment icon instead for some reason.
- Changed compose and contact buttons to better fit Touchwiz theme.
- Fixed some of the text coloring in white background mode... now it matches better.
- Fixed a nasty layout bug when downloading MMS messages. Downloading was written vertically across the right side of the bubble, taking up the whole screen... very ugly.. now it's laid out horizontally and looks much cleaner.

Attachments

• mms.jpg
    mms.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,264
  • mms2.jpg
    mms2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,088
  • mms3.jpg
    mms3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,002
  • mms.apk
    746.2 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:

bngrybt

Feb 2, 2013
I'm not sure how to port to stock... I'm pretty new at all of this... mostly I'm just theming someone else's app for my own personal use and I decided to share it with the world in case anyone else was interested.

Also, in the old thread where the original app was posted, people were having trouble editing message text colors. I've figured this out, and it involves modifying ui/MessageListItem.smali
The following sections of code contain RGB hex values that control the incoming and outgoing text and date colors.

Outgoing text:
Code:
    .line 391
    new-instance v4, Landroid/text/style/ForegroundColorSpan;

const/16 v5, 0x0

const/16 v6, 0x0

const/16 v7, 0x0

invoke-static {v5, v6, v7}, Landroid/graphics/Color;->rgb(III)I

Incoming text:
Code:
    .line 393
    :cond_6
    new-instance v4, Landroid/text/style/ForegroundColorSpan;

const/16 v5, 0x0

const/16 v6, 0x0

const/16 v7, 0x0

invoke-static {v5, v6, v7}, Landroid/graphics/Color;->rgb(III)I

Outgoing date:
Code:
    .line 431
    new-instance v2, Landroid/text/style/ForegroundColorSpan;

const/16 v3, 0x5e

const/16 v4, 0x5e

const/16 v5, 0x5e

invoke-static {v3, v4, v5}, Landroid/graphics/Color;->rgb(III)I

Incoming date:
Code:
    .line 433
    .restart local v1       #startOffset:I
    :cond_2
    new-instance v2, Landroid/text/style/ForegroundColorSpan;

const/16 v3, 0x5e

const/16 v4, 0x5e

const/16 v5, 0x5e

invoke-static {v3, v4, v5}, Landroid/graphics/Color;->rgb(III)I

The code for this is a little different if you use the mms.apk from the previous thread as a base. Outgoing text/date will have different hex values, and incoming won't use normal RGB values at all. It might be easiest if you want to modify one of the other ones to use my MessageListItem.smali instead.

Last edited:

Amrao

Feb 26, 2012
Islamabad
Pretty cool, yes this is related to CM but like in Stock is there any option to add contact for multiple selection i.e add contact,recent etc. I am using a CM based rom which don't have these options.

EvilKing009

Feb 15, 2012
Pretty cool, yes this is related to CM but like in Stock is there any option to add contact for multiple selection i.e add contact,recent etc. I am using a CM based rom which don't have these options.

we can't.tried all the way but there is no option to send multiple messages on cm rom.this can be only possible on stock rom :(

martinevannew

Aug 27, 2012
Thanxs look so much pretty :) sugestión ... Can change the botton to send for a arrow ? Sorry for my bad english .

don't have the option "received reports" to sms :/
desde Córdoba, Argentina mil saludos :D

Last edited:

supervixen

Aug 4, 2013

Nice modification, but could it be possible to add a switch that would disable sending language specific letters (with diacritic marks) and reduce them to "standard" ones?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a modification of the MMS app found at this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1616499

Modified it to look like the stock Touchwiz MMS as much as possible since there really aren't any decent looking alternatives. Sure I could use Go or Handcent but I wanted the stock look.

Just replace Mms.apk in /system/app and make sure it's chmod is 644 and you should be good to go.

Update:
    - Changed color scheme so that it gets colors from values/colors.xml rather than having them hard coded with Touchwiz color scheme. This way it's easier to customize the conversation list to match your theme better if you plan on decompiling and playing with it yourself. See post below for customizing message text, as it isn't quite as obvious.
    - Fixed Compose icon in menu... was showing Attachment icon instead for some reason.
    - Changed compose and contact buttons to better fit Touchwiz theme.
    - Fixed some of the text coloring in white background mode... now it matches better.
    - Fixed a nasty layout bug when downloading MMS messages. Downloading was written vertically across the right side of the bubble, taking up the whole screen... very ugly.. now it's laid out horizontally and looks much cleaner.