• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

App crashed after hide on Magisk 17.1

Search This thread

hijibiji

Nov 5, 2015
Again I face a problem, now if I hide any application the application doesn't work or open, every time it crashed.

My device: Honor 8

MechanicaIMan

Sep 1, 2011
This is happening with me on LG G6. Hide is enabled in options and when I want to enter Magisk Hide to enable it then Magisk crashes.
I had that problem on LG V30. I reverted to 16.0 with Manager 5.9.1, and the problem persisted. I then downgraded Manager to 5.8.3, and it's working fine again with the older version of Manager.

Aid777

Jul 31, 2012
North Yorkshire
I had that problem on LG V30. I reverted to 16.0 with Manager 5.9.1, and the problem persisted. I then downgraded Manager to 5.8.3, and it's working fine again with the older version of Manager.

5.9.1 seems to be 17.0 zip. I assume you meant that
5.8.3 is 16.7
When you downgrade do you just flash the zip or do you need to uninstall the 17.1 Magisk then flash this downgraded one?

CarteNoir

Nov 26, 2012
I'm getting this exact same issue, I've attached logcat and magisk logs after hiding the Play Store with Magisk Hide, then attempting to open it (and having it immediately crash). Magisk 17.1, latest Magisk Manager app, Pixel 2XL, Oreo 8.1 (July patch). Apps open again after deselecting them from Magisk Hide. Was working fine on 16.4, stopped working after 17.1, and a complete Magisk uninstall/reinstall did not fix it.

Magisk Log, Logcat.

MechanicaIMan

Sep 1, 2011
5.9.1 seems to be 17.0 zip. I assume you meant that
5.8.3 is 16.7
When you downgrade do you just flash the zip or do you need to uninstall the 17.1 Magisk then flash this downgraded one?
I had the problem after updating from 16.0 with 5.8.3 to 17.1 with 5.9.1, but I also tried using the newest manager with 16.0, and that didn't work either. So there must be some kind of issue with the newest version(s) of the manager. I completely uninstalled 17.1, flashed 16.0, updated manager to 5.9.1 (crashing returned), then uninstalled 5.9.1 and installed the 5.8.3 apk without changing Magisk. If you have 17.1 installed now, then you might want to try just replacing manager with an older version before you bother with completely uninstalling/downgrading Magisk. You can simply uninstall the manager app without uninstalling Magisk, but I don't know if Magisk 17 will work okay with the older versions of manager, since I haven't tried that myself and don't really know anything about Magisk.

jbd7

Jun 30, 2015
Magisk Hide tickboxes in Magisk Manager make Oreo crash

Hi, same with me: Oneplus3 with stock OOS 5.0.5 (oreo), dm-verity warning at boot since when I was a superSU user.

Everything was fine with Magisk 16. Since update to 17.1 and MagiskManager 5.9.1, the Magisk Hide menu keeps crashing. I've reflashed the stock ROM, reinstalled magisk 16 and 17.1, used the magisk deinstaller. The problem seems tied with MagiskManager 5.9.1
- In the MagiskHide menu, sometimes I can check 5 to 10 apps before it crashes.
- In the MagiskHide menu, sometimes only 1 check or 1 uncheck makes the phone crash.

When MagiskHide crashes it:
- blacks out the screen for a few seconds
- then starts a reboot (a soft reboot where I am not asked my device password, which I have set to be asked during boot)
- then it eventually launches Android after a very long time (usually OOS 5.0.5 opens after 20 cycles of the animation, but after a MagiskHide crash, it can take 200 cycles (from which I stop counting))

I attached the Magisk log immediately after reboot, which doesn't say much (some lines similar to previous and following ones removed).
MagiskManager: "Preserve force encryption" is on (default), "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" is off (default), Modulues are Busybox, MM for recovery, Xposed, YouTube Vanced, rest of settings are default.

I hope that helps narrowing down the problem.

Attachments

• magisk_log_20180917_222812.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 13

EnerJay

Sep 28, 2017
Cape Town
Hi, I'm having the same problem as a couple of people, magisk 17.1, newest Magisk Manager, then when I try to go into the magisk hide menu, the app crashes to home screen.

I enabled core only mode to see if it was any of my modules but the problem persists.

suparokr

Feb 22, 2011
Same problem here on the V30+. Anyone able to confirm downgrading works?

Also, what do most of y'all use hide for? I was gonna try to use it to set up chase pay for that 5% rewards. lol

Top Liked Posts