App Creation for Galaxy Watch 3 and/or Android

Search This thread

Poltyrgyst

Feb 2, 2021
As the title suggests I am interested in creating an app for Galaxy Watch 3. My fiance and I bought these watches so we could monitor her blood sugar thru the Dexcom G6. When we used the only available method (nightscout and wearable widgets apps) it does not seem to want to properly work. Now I am new to coding. In fact I am in the beginning stages of game development using C# and Unity. From my understanding Tizen uses C++, or something of the sort. I am basically reaching to out to ask anyone for help, as I believe her, and countless others, could benefit greatly from such a product. All I need is a helping hand, and a finger pointing in the right direction. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
As the title suggests I am interested in creating an app for Galaxy Watch 3. My fiance and I bought these watches so we could monitor her blood sugar thru the Dexcom G6. When we used the only available method (nightscout and wearable widgets apps) it does not seem to want to properly work. Now I am new to coding. In fact I am in the beginning stages of game development using C# and Unity. From my understanding Tizen uses C++, or something of the sort. I am basically reaching to out to ask anyone for help, as I believe her, and countless others, could benefit greatly from such a product. All I need is a helping hand, and a finger pointing in the right direction. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
Unity 2017.2 was the last version of Unity that supported Tizen. You might be still be able to use an old version of Unity to compile your own .tpk and sideload it to the watch, but chances are it will be too old to publish to any store as the policies/requirements are updated frequently.

You might be able to create a Tizen project in Unity, then transfer it to Tizen Studio to update it to the latest version to meet the requirements for publication (or fix any bugs.)