[APP] Curs Valutar v1.20

Search This thread

virgilp

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Romania
Curs Valutar - exchange rates and currency converter for Windows Mobile, based on the rates provided by the National Bank of Romania.

Features
  • Official exchange rates from the National Bank of Romania
  • Currency converter
  • Choice of the displayed currencies
  • Romanian/English interface
  • Automatic/manual update of the exchange rates

Remarks
  • In automatic mode, the update of the exchange rates is performed once a day, Monday to Friday, at the first launch of the application after 1 PM (that's when the rates are updated by the bank). The data is saved locally and loaded on subsequent launches of the application, in order to decrease the response time and avoid unnecessary traffic.
  • In manual mode, the update is performed only by user request

Requirements
  • Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5 , 6 , 6.1, 6.5
  • .NET Compact Framework 3.5
  • Data connection
Tested on VGA and WVGA, but it should work on all resolutions

Hope you'll find it useful :)

Attachments

• CursValutar_v1.2.0.cab
    486.7 KB · Views: 750
  • curs-valuar.1.jpg
    curs-valuar.1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 556
  • curs-valuar.2.jpg
    curs-valuar.2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 377
  • curs-valuar.3.png
    curs-valuar.3.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 294

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
German Translation to what can be seen on the screens:

Amount = Menge
From = Von
To = Zu
Result = Ergebnis
Language = Sprache
Automatic Updates = Automatische Updates / Automatische Aktualisierung

Nice Tool!

costyg

Mar 18, 2007
It would be cool to get the exchange rates from all the Romanian banks.

Now in Romanian: Pe langa asta sa iei si alte informatii legate de banci: dobanzi, asigurari, etc. Pare prea simplu momentan, as vrea sa vad mai multe date cand intru in program, altfel intru pe site-ul bnr-ului si vad tot ce vreau acolo.

virgilp

Jul 30, 2009
Romania
@hanackin, @KUV1977: I will add French and German languages if you are interested. I have to look on the Internet the name of the currencies in French/German but it would be great if you could give me some help. Thank you!

@costyg: Only BNR offers the exchange rates in an XML file that i can use in the application. For the rates from other banks I would have to parse their web pages and it's not a good idea to do that. Sorry.

johnyboy_

Feb 27, 2009
Bug report:
In romana pt ca scriu mai repede :).
Pe HTC diamond, rezolutie vga, in convertor eticheta "suma" se suprapune peste campul unde se introduce valoarea si acopera 2 caractere din acesta.

A doua observatie, mi se pare ca derularea din ecranul principal se face cam greu.

Mersi pentru aplicatie.

Last edited:

gasnik

Feb 15, 2009
Bielsko-Biała
I don't like it.

I'm from Poland, and all currencies are showed from Romanian Lei - I can't set showing from Polish Zloty. It's troublesomely. And it's not Finger Friendly - I have HD2, and it's hard to tap something on lists in CONVERT menu.

Polish Translation:

Converter - Konwerter
Options - Opcje or Preferencje
About - O programie
General - Główne
Choose Currencies - Wybierz waluty or Waluty
Amount - Wartość
From - Z
To - Na
Result - Wynik
Convert - Przelicz
Back - Wstecz or Wróć
Exit - Wyjście
Update - Aktualizuj

I think it's all.

Deonix

Dec 13, 2009
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Super

It's good there are some in Romania who use their phone for what it can do and doesn't buy it to listen to music .

Been Looking for smth of this kind in a while.
I will sure use this.

!!Felicitari!! :):):):):):):)

Frank C

Oct 5, 2008
Hello Virgil, thanks for this good app. Have been using the program "currency converter" for a couple of yrs but it is not stable lately. So switched to your's.

Works fine on a QVGA phone with a small remark that when you go to "convert" screen than the word "amount" cuts across the box where you need to put the number (see attached). If you could make the box a bit smaller and to the right than it is perfect :)

I use the converter almost daily also for business purposes. What for me and perhaps other users could be usefull is a screen with 4 preset currencies and when you put a number in one of them, they show the respective converted value simultaniously.
So like your convert screen but than to show 4 currencies at the same time.

Keep up the good work.

virgilp

Jul 30, 2009
Romania
I'm glad that you find the application useful. I will soon fix the problem with the overlapping controls in Converter.

@gasnik: The exchange rates are provided by the National Bank Of Romania, so of course they are from Romanian Lei. For now, the default currency cannot be changed.
The lists from the converter are standard WM lists and WM is not a finger friendly OS. I will try to add some custom controls at some point.

@Frank Caarls: The screen with the preset currencies is a good idea, I will give it some thought. Thank you!

ksimyr

Dec 30, 2007
@virgilp

Hi,

Actually, When launch application, it is displaying each value in RON.
Is it possible fort next version, to choose display each Value in Euro or other ?

Regards.
Thank You.

Mixxi75

May 8, 2010
Very uselful App, Thank you!

Indeed it would be very nice for non-Romanian users if the base currency of the main screen could be changed to other than RON.

HobbitCy

Jul 1, 2009
Just put it on my Diamond all great needed it for my trip to USA
only thing i can see is that the word amount covers up the first number you add on the top

tritosan

Dec 27, 2009
Curs Valutar - exchange rates and currency converter for Windows Mobile, based on the rates provided by the National Bank of Romania.

Features
  • Official exchange rates from the National Bank of Romania
  • Currency converter
  • Choice of the displayed currencies
  • Romanian/English interface
  • Automatic/manual update of the exchange rates

Remarks
  • In automatic mode, the update of the exchange rates is performed once a day, Monday to Friday, at the first launch of the application after 1 PM (that's when the rates are updated by the bank). The data is saved locally and loaded on subsequent launches of the application, in order to decrease the response time and avoid unnecessary traffic.
  • In manual mode, the update is performed only by user request

Requirements
  • Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5 , 6 , 6.1, 6.5
  • .NET Compact Framework 3.5
  • Data connection
Tested on VGA and WVGA, but it should work on all resolutions

Hope you'll find it useful :)
felicitari!!!!