[APP] Custom Scroll 1.1 - HTCScroll customizer *UPDATED* [03.04.2009]

Search This thread

cichy3000

Feb 10, 2008
Hi All, :D

I would like to present You a small and simple application called Custom Scroll. It gives You a chance to take the opportunity customizing scrolling behavior of HTCScroll Windows addon (which is used in File Explorer, MS Contacts, Programs, Settings... - everywhere where scrolls are used - and we are using fingers (flick gestures) to scroll...

I've noticed that when I'm trying new ROM many times "scrolling feature" need to be modified by myself, so why don't we just make it quick and simple, with predefined checked and accepted values - even maybe "solutions" ?
that's why I've made that application... :)

I would like to ask You a favor... when You'll be testing Your own values and You'll notice that some of combinations are quite good, please post them 'here' - in this topic ... after testing I'll build them into program.

Please take a look at the video, where I'm showing how does Custom Scroll works and how to operate with it...

CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO

Big THANKS to All from XDA Community, [germany]merlot, dr G from ppcgeeks.com

Some sample settings are built-in program (as seen on Video :) )

another "preset" (in version 1.1 it's: "Prefered #1"):
Speedlow=100
Speedhigh=25
Pagelow=15
Pagehigh=50

VERSION UPDATED to Custom Scroll 1.1 (see #2 post for download)

Read this:
dr G from PPCGEEKS.com discovered that:

Pagelow = Low speed scroll page size
Pagehigh = High speed scroll page size
Speedlow = Low speed scroll speed (ms delay)
Speedhigh = High speed scroll speed (ms delay)
Pantype = Enable/disable grab scrolling default 1, 0=disable

The page size is the number of - units - the given interface scrolls when the low or high speed scroll is activated by gesturing - finger flick. For example a pagelow of 20 would scroll 20 contacts each time you flick scroll in the contact list. This is why with the default 50 and 80 settings, flick scrolling causes excessive scrolling in contacts with the device initially.

The low speed scroll is activated by the initial flick gesture. The high speed scroll is activated by an ADDITIONAL flick gesture DURING the scroll initiated by the low speed scroll gesture. So it's kind of like "revving up" the scroll.

The speedlow and speedhigh delays are the delays between the "units" scrolled during either scroll. As such, the speedlow number is higher than the speedhigh number. Thing is, if you set the speedlow number too small, the low speed scroll will finish so quickly, you will not be able to initiate the high speed scroll with an additional gesture.

Last edited:

cichy3000

Feb 10, 2008
Custom Scroll

version 1.0
-first release... :)

version 1.1
-added Save & Reset Menu option
-added Sample Value/Scroll Distance/ Prefered #1 (as a nice modification number #1)

Attachments

• CustomScroll_1.0.CAB
    13.3 KB · Views: 351
  • CustomScroll_1.1.CAB
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,543
Last edited:

xxmarkosxx

Feb 25, 2009
Great app.When it will be released so we can try it?

Edit:i just saw the link.Thank you for your app.If i find a good value,i'll post it here.

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
just saw the video and it looks amazing

scrolling through windows can get damn frustrating very easily

will try it right away!

uniqueboy

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks a lot for that cichy, I will have a good play with the settings. Can you add any good settings recommendations to your first post please, just so they are easy to find as the thread grows.:) I guess it should work on many devices too.

cichy3000

Feb 10, 2008
Thanks a lot for that cichy, I will have a good play with the settings. Can you add any good settings recommendations to your first post please, just so they are easy to find as the thread grows.:) I guess it should work on many devices too.

thanks for advice :)

I've just reedited first post with sample "preset"... Notice that in program there are "3 presets" for "distance" ... and 4 or 5 for touch/sensitivity...

please if You'll find something interesting (sets / registry tweeks) give a reply in this topic...​

cichy3000

Feb 10, 2008
it should be working with every sort of hardware that has tflo installed -> htc scroll addon ... just try it... :)
and then post some rply in this topic ;)

dkobran

Jan 10, 2009
Awesome App

Now all we need is kinetic scrolling. I dont know about other people but I cant stand the old-fashioned scrolling in WM. It's impossible to see stuff go by. Kinetic scrolling just feels more natural, period (i guess thats why it is so popular). Any ideas?
Good looks so far though- keep up the good work!

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
So does this only work with htc touchflo or will it work with the new scrolling built-in to wm6.5? I don't know of any 6.5 roms that are using touchflo.

vijaydesor

Feb 21, 2008
Hi,

Liked the app - great way to customze the scrolling. One question/request though. Before my Diamond, I had an MDA Compact running Pointui and really liked the scrolling feature on it. It was a more fluid scroll feature (in my opinion :D) as opposed to the flicking action needed with the "iphone" esq scroll. Have linked a utube example for your ref

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na7k2JfbgG8

Can your application customize the scrolling like this or is it possible to adapt it accordingly?

Thanks

cichy3000

Feb 10, 2008
So does this only work with htc touchflo or will it work with the new scrolling built-in to wm6.5? I don't know of any 6.5 roms that are using touchflo.

It works with every build in HTC Scroll Addon (see if you have installed htcscroll.dll somehere in memory)
... I did not use 6.5 WM, but I think that microsoft has it's own sollution for finger scrolling, flick gestures and other stuff... if You have TFLO 3D and you can "Flick" in File Explorer You CAN adjust settings (but only some of them) with this program ...

Hi,

Liked the app - great way to customze the scrolling. One question/request though. Before my Diamond, I had an MDA Compact running Pointui and really liked the scrolling feature on it. It was a more fluid scroll feature (in my opinion :D) as opposed to the flicking action needed with the "iphone" esq scroll. Have linked a utube example for your ref

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na7k2JfbgG8

Can your application customize the scrolling like this or is it possible to adapt it accordingly?

Thanks

Nope... :/ it's not possible to make scrolling like that :/ it has different solution for first press, moving, second press, right side of "card" ... it's just different ... :)...

cichy3000

Feb 10, 2008
You need all TFLO addons... I have no idea is it possible to add HTC finger scrolling without TouchFlo..., maybe sort of porting ... or sth else... sorry no idea... :/

psychomaniac189

Feb 27, 2009
Wisconsin
love this app. for some reason (or maybe on all touch pros) anything i would scroll it would go directly to the bottom and i couldnt get to stop...this solved my problem! thanks alot