• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] Custom Slider - Root & Xposed required

Search This thread

Weathon

Aug 3, 2016
Hey guys,

I present you my Custom Slider app , which can be used to customize your Alert Slider on the Oneplus 3, Oneplus 2 & Oneplus X.
OOS and AOSP based ROMs are supported, but currently the OOS Community Build 3.5+ is not supported!

Please provide feedback / ideas / bugs / complaints!
If you have any further suggestions/bug reports please have a look if it already exist in Custom Slider, Features & Bug List (offical confirmed) and if not please add them to Custom Slider, Features & Bug List Suggestions.

NON-ROOT users:
If you just want vibrate instead of priority and some other volume profile options, check out @Seveilith's notification slider app.
It does not require root / xposed for the main functions!

Google Play Download

Xposed Repo

Github Sources

Last edited:

ravishmahur

Mar 4, 2014
Delhi
Hey guys,

i know there are already two apps to customize the alert slider on the Oneplus 3,
but i worked on it since i got my Oneplus 3 & therefore i want to present it to you anyway.

I also wanted to combine resources with the other developers but i did not got any response.

So here's my alert slider customization app, which is currently designed for the Oneplus 3 on Oxygen OS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dev.weathon.customalertslider

Before i created this App i created an application which dont need root & xposed but can only replace the priority mode with vibrate mode
(http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/modify-oneplus-alert-slider-to-ring-vibrate-silent/)

Awesome app.
Just some little things could be improved on like the notification toast and sound panel saying vibrate instead of priority :)
keep up the awesome work :)
Thanx

Reactions: Weathon

Weathon

Aug 3, 2016
Awesome app.
Just some little things could be improved on like the notification toast and sound panel saying vibrate instead of priority :)
keep up the awesome work :)
Thanx
Yeah you are right, this needs to be done, thanks!
Which mode Do you use?
Thank you, i will!

Btw guys, if some of you could help me With Translations to your languages, that would be awesome ;)

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
cheers! Since you guys are doing the same awesome thing for oneplus3. Why not work together for one ultimate slider app

Weathon

Aug 3, 2016
Great to see you here now with your great app.
thank you!
Hi,
very useful app, would be great if it worked with CyanogenMod. And could you maybe add an option to hide the app launcher? --> http://themakeinfo.com/2015/10/how-to-hide-app-icon-from-launcher/
Regards,
meiser
Thank you for this tutorial, i will definitely try to add it in the next version!

cheers! Since you guys are doing the same awesome thing for oneplus3. Why not work together for one ultimate slider app
Hello :)
This app is compatible with CM ?

I will try to do this app for CM too, but this is a completely different system, so the first thing i need to do is flashing CM on my phone (which is not a dev phone, its the phone i use daily).
But first, and sorry to say that, i want to make the OOS version work as perfectly as i can do it.

Reactions: galambar and Squabl

chr0

Aug 1, 2013

Great application.
I am using it to switch network modes on the fly now. Always wanted this. When I get out of the house, I switch to the top position that turns Wifi off and connects to LTE. And when I am trying to save battery, I switch it all the way down that is 2G only.

Ideas:
Profiles/Multiple actions mode. Something like this:
TOP POSITION: Choose what things you want on or off
❎Wifi ✅Bluetooth ❎NFC ✅LTE ❎3G ❎2G ✅All Notifications ❎Vibrate
MIDDLE POSITION: Choose what things you want on or off
✅❎Wifi ✅Bluetooth ❎NFC ❎LTE ❎3G ❎2G ✅All Notifications ✅Vibrate
BOTTOM POSITION: Choose what things you want on or off
❎Wifi ❎Bluetooth ❎NFC ❎LTE ❎3G ❎2G ❎All Notifications ✅Vibrate

Last edited:
Reactions: Squabl and Cyda

Weathon

Aug 3, 2016
Great application.
I am using it to switch network modes on the fly now. Always wanted this. When I get out of the house, I switch to the top position that turns Wifi off and connects to LTE. And when I am trying to save battery, I switch it all the way down that is 2G only.

Ideas:
Profiles/Multiple actions mode. Something like this:
TOP POSITION: Choose what things you want on or off
❎Wifi ✅Bluetooth ❎NFC ✅LTE ❎3G ❎2G ✅All Notifications ❎Vibrate
MIDDLE POSITION: Choose what things you want on or off
✅❎Wifi ✅Bluetooth ❎NFC ❎LTE ❎3G ❎2G ✅All Notifications ✅Vibrate
BOTTOM POSITION: Choose what things you want on or off
❎Wifi ❎Bluetooth ❎NFC ❎LTE ❎3G ❎2G ❎All Notifications ✅Vibrate
Im happy that you can use this feature.
It was something a dutch guy suggested, who also did testing for me :)

Your idea sounds nice, i will try to include this in upcoming versions. Will take some time, because i need to adjust the way i read and apply the settings :)

chr0

Aug 1, 2013
Thanks. Looking forward to it already!
For now, the current version serves my needs perfectly.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I have another question. @Weathon
I have disabled the alert slider to change notifications now, so is there another way I can manually switch between Priority/None/No notifications now? Like we can do it from the volume down buttons on AOSP?

Reactions: Squabl and Weathon

dusxmcna

Apr 24, 2009
Athens
Goodmorning people -

First of all I would like go thank @Weathon for the app - much needed!

I have an issue: when I return from silent/vibrate the call sound is at a very low level. Any ideas?

(OP3, MM Oxygen OS)

Στάλθηκε από το ONEPLUS A3003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

daClaus

Aug 10, 2010
Hi Weathon,

is it possible to add the notification modes from the standard notification settings to the custom settings? I'm currently using all notifications - silent - airplane mode with your exported tasker xml, but this setting is not possible in the app. Thank you!

Weathon

Aug 3, 2016
Goodmorning people -
First of all I would like go thank @Weathon for the app - much needed!
I have an issue: when I return from silent/vibrate the call sound is at a very low level. Any ideas?
(OP3, MM Oxygen OS)
Στάλθηκε από το ONEPLUS A3003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Hey!
What do you mean with call sound? Sound while you are having a call, or the sound when the phone rings (notification sound) ?

Hi Weathon,
is it possible to add the notification modes from the standard notification settings to the custom settings? I'm currently using all notifications - silent - airplane mode with your exported tasker xml, but this setting is not possible in the app. Thank you!
Hey!
Good to hear guys are coming from the Oneplus Forum to this Thread :)
Thats something i wanted to do initially. The problem is, that there are so many cases that i need to consider (Top Ring, Mid FlightMod, Bot Vibrate e.g.), where i need to do stuff when leaving another position. E.g. when leaving Top Ring, i need to store the ringer volume, for coming back to top. When going to Mid Flightmode i need to keep the volume as it is and so on. There are so many cases and its hard to handle all. But i will definitly try to do it in the next versions!

Chinese is mine. Could you provide the strings.xml?
Thank you so much! You got a message.
In the next release there will be german, english, dutch, polish & chinese! i love you guys!

TarunN5

Dec 26, 2013
Great app, but the top and middle do the same thing for me, doesn't vibrate in the middle profile

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I present you my Custom Slider app , which can be used to customize your Alert Slider on the Oneplus 3, Oneplus 2 & Oneplus X.
    OOS and AOSP based ROMs are supported, but currently the OOS Community Build 3.5+ is not supported!

If you have any further suggestions/bug reports please have a look if it already exist in Custom Slider, Features & Bug List (offical confirmed) and if not please add them to Custom Slider, Features & Bug List Suggestions.

NON-ROOT users:
    If you just want vibrate instead of priority and some other volume profile options, check out @Seveilith's notification slider app.
    It does not require root / xposed for the main functions!

Google Play Download

Xposed Repo

Github Sources
    One issue I have noticed, but I'm not sure if it is due to the tasker or customslider.
    I have a tasker script that turns on Priority mode (Interrupt mode -> Priority) automatically at 9:30pm. If I use slider after that (Extreme customization with only WiFi control) it controls Wifi, but also turns off the priority mode for some reason. According to the settings of the Extreme customization, it should not interfere with Priority setting in any way.
    I use Tasker to set my phone in DNT mode from 21:30 till 07:00. The profile is not needed when testing the slider. I have manually ran the task and it happens every time. I will add a link to my task: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwNVTTDk0eWXT3ducXVjQ2J0aU0
    I would guess it's be possible to configure my Tasker profile to change DNT back if current time is between selected 21:30->07:00 but I will have to figure that out.

Okay guys, i just pushed an update to the play store (available tomorrow), which fill fix your issues.

Detailed release note & how to use:
    When Extreme Customization is used, the slider will not change the DND state anymore.
    Therefore automatic DND settings with tasker or whatever, can be used.
    Please note that when restarting the phone, the DND mode will be always set to the one defined in
    the sharedpreferences file "com.dev.weathon.customalertslider_preferences.xml" as the value "extendedZenModeControlZenMode".
    This file can be found under /data/data/com.dev.weathon.customalertslider/shared_prefs folder.
    The value "extendedZenModeControlZenMode" will be set when the extended volume control is clicked.
    So when you want that the DND mode that your tasker task sets is also restored after boot, you need to write this value. Please dont mess around to much with the Sharedpreferences file.

Additionally i released the source code for the app now, you can find it under https://github.com/weathondev/CustomAlertSlider
    Its messy and not well commented, i'm just doing this as a hobby and dont have SO much time so dont critisize me for that please :)
    @Kimbo82 @imusorka

Hey guys,
    just pushed an update to the playstore / xposed repo.

Changelog:
    ATTENTION!
    This update will delete your slider position data, you need to reset that! (SORRY, needed to do internal refactoring).

Whats new? Many many new, requested actions ;)
    -Screen Brightness Action
    -Show Notifications On Lock Screen Action
    -Block/Allow Notification LED Action
    -Block/Allow Charging LED Action
    -Set Audio Volume Action
    -Automatic Battery Saver Action
    -Enable Battery Saver Action
    -Show custom Toasts Action

Okay guys!
    I just finished (****, its already 2 am -.-), a CM version which works fine atm (tested on graraks cm13)
    Now i need feedback please. I'll not push it at the moment to google play because i completely broke it for OOS :D
    Everyone who wants to test it, please send me a e-mail to [email protected]
    Would love to have some feedback tomorrow evening so i can continue.

I summon you guys who voted for CM version :)
    @tupifier@Playa82 @NZnewbie @stooyleown @vwgti18

aaaaaand good night
    Hey Guys!

Just pushed one bigger update, will be available in the morning ;)

Release notes:
    -Completely refactored App structure. App Settings will be resetted (reallly sorry for that :( )
    -Added open an application action
    -Added GPS (all modes) action
    -Multiple actions can be defined per position @chr0
    -Strings replaced by the app can be user customized (localized) now @jocaboss
    -Removed languages (they will come back, but at the moment its not possible to maintain them at an actual state, because app is changing too fast)