Search This thread

Namaless

Feb 1, 2011
Roma
forum.xda-developers.com
Universal Theme Installer by Namaless

In development.

FEATURES
  • Install themes for your Android OS(auto check in the installer).
  • Backup all files before install theme in your sdcard.
  • Installer multi languages (please help me for traslate).
  • Install theme with one click installer. :D

THANKS

I'm working for automatic theme installation, need more time to develop this feature, but I'm sure is this fantastic feature :D

Last edited:

varunthapliyal999

Aug 8, 2010
Dehradun
Great job mate... just a suggestion.If you can add a option to revert back to stock theme(only if you think its any use) :p

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

Namaless

Feb 1, 2011
Roma
forum.xda-developers.com
Great job mate... just a suggestion.If you can add a option to revert back to stock theme(only if you think its any use) :p

This is not sample.. Create backup in sdcard with theme installed structure.. example: /sdcard/theme-installer/backup/"$THEME_NAME"_"$THEME_VERSION"_"$THEME_FIRMWARE"

Simple with root explorer replace this files with system files and wow! revert ok :)

Taraen

Sep 30, 2011
Interesting piece of software. Good work and thank you very much. I will try this.

Reactions: Namaless

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
This is not sample.. Create backup in sdcard with theme installed structure.. example: /sdcard/theme-installer/backup/"$THEME_NAME"_"$THEME_VERSION"_"$THEME_FIRMWARE"

Simple with root explorer replace this files with system files and wow! revert ok :)
superb app but manually replacing files is really bad idea. I think installing & removing themes with help of ur app will be a superb idea.

Taraen

Sep 30, 2011
Hmmm, what about creating a folder /sdcard/external_sd/theme-installer/ORIGINAL_STOCK_<your-firmware>/ and placing all that system apks as well as the framework in there?

Namaless

Feb 1, 2011
Roma
forum.xda-developers.com
Need feedback:

Use theme for firmwares or try to porting on universal theme?

Universal theme need less space on my zip because use only one version for more firmwares, according from gingerbread and froyo system...

P.S. Today restart this project, for a moment stop ICS Froyo porting.. need more time and testers. Sorry for delay..

Taraen

Sep 30, 2011
Need feedback:

Universal theme need less space on my zip because use only one version for more firmwares, according from gingerbread and froyo system...
Universal Theme? How shall this work? Mod the apk's, etc. directly on the phone? :confused: Sounds like you want to achieve something as the theme changer on MIUI.

P.S. Today restart this project, for a moment stop ICS Froyo porting.. need more time and testers. Sorry for delay..
That's no problem, first of all you have to be satisfied with your project. :)

EDIT:
When you are ready I could translate the app to german, if you want...

Last edited:

Namaless

Feb 1, 2011
Roma
forum.xda-developers.com
Universal Theme? How shall this work? Mod the apk's, etc. directly on the phone? :confused: Sounds like you want to achieve something as the theme changer on MIUI.

That's no problem, first of all you have to be satisfied with your project. :)

Need more test but overwrite some files example android.policy.jar and framework.jar if need.

Prepare a test package and release for testing.

Last edited:

Namaless

Feb 1, 2011
Roma
forum.xda-developers.com
No get feedback but I have choose the method, use universal theme for this app.

Froyo is finished now go to gingerbread..

For add new themes need more help from themers, I have selled my phone and now need more testers for my work..

Sony Xperia S waiting :D

Namaless

Feb 1, 2011
Roma
forum.xda-developers.com
Yes I need :D

Now I have upgraded my project to external themes.. the primary problem is archive size.. more themes, more size.. when update one theme need to reupload all my app.. it's no good choice :D

Now the app working with sdcard directory and you need to copy inside. When run my app read this directory and can add the themes inside into installer. It's simple for users but not simple for me XD
I'm working on this feature and when found solution I'm happy :D

Sorry for this long time, but all know me.. I want create a very good product :)

Waiting news in the next week ;)

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra

Now I have upgraded my project to external themes.. the primary problem is archive size.. more themes, more size.. when update one theme need to reupload all my app.. it's no good choice :D

Now the app working with sdcard directory and you need to copy inside. When run my app read this directory and can add the themes inside into installer. It's simple for users but not simple for me XD

Sorry for this long time, but all know me.. I want create a very good product :)

go ahead buddy :) I am waiting for ur app.

Reactions: Namaless
B

bangalorerohan

Take your time! :D
We can wait!

Sent from my I9100 using XDA app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Theme Installer by Namaless

In development.

FEATURES
    • Install themes for your Android OS(auto check in the installer).
    • Backup all files before install theme in your sdcard.
    • Installer multi languages (please help me for traslate).
    • Install theme with one click installer. :D

THANKS

I'm working for automatic theme installation, need more time to develop this feature, but I'm sure is this fantastic feature :D
    Need feedback:

Interesting piece of software. Good work and thank you very much. I will try this.

For a moment no, I'm working on Porting ICS Theme for XXKB3 Froyo ROM, do you want see my progress with this theme?

See here: http://postimage.org/my.php?gallery=hf7gxz4