• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][DEC-18] IMDb Mobile v0.8.2

Search This thread

garcianacho

Apr 22, 2008
PAMPLONA
Crash (as always)

Nothing. All is useless.
I tested all versions since months ago, even now with a new ROM just installed.
I've never run this application.
Perhaps the language of the duty HD2 ROM (mine is in spanish)?
Today the error message is: "Value does not fall within the expected range". And the app crashes.
The wifi connection is on, and good for other progs.
Any help will be appreciated.
Greetings:

Nacho.

Last edited:

The Darkman

Nov 7, 2009
Nothing. All is useless.
I tested all versions since months ago, even now with a new ROM just installed.
I've never run this application.
Perhaps the language of the duty HD2 ROM (mine is in spanish)?
Today the error message is: "Value does not fall within the expected range". And the app crashes.
The wifi connection is on, and good for other progs.
Any help will be appreciated.
Greetings:

Nacho.

You have tried a clean install? so uninstall, remove folder and files, reinstall?
Otherwise I have no idea why it is crashing. I also have a HD2 (stock, clean-ex and artemis roms) and never had problems.
Maybe someone from spain can confirm it is language related?

garcianacho

Apr 22, 2008
PAMPLONA
You have tried a clean install? so uninstall, remove folder and files, reinstall?
Otherwise I have no idea why it is crashing. I also have a HD2 (stock, clean-ex and artemis roms) and never had problems.
Maybe someone from spain can confirm it is language related?

Hallelujah! I will have installed and clean uninstalled dozens of times, but this time ... The Darkman has spoken, and has been since the word of God.
The application works perfectly, finally, after months and months.
Thanks a million, the darkman, for your work and for answering.
Regards.

Nacho.

Humanii

Apr 6, 2009
Just used AppToDate to update it and when i check it has been updated but AppToDate still thinks i haven't done it yet and asks again. :)

I had the same problem, and then realized I had TWO versions of IMDB mobile installed; one from Blade0rbz and one from Blade0rbz and Darkman. Removing the Blade0rbz-only version fixed the problem.

But now I have another problem; IMDB mobile isn't working with Apptodateat all it comes up as FAILED (Apptodate is working fine with other apps.

What's going wrong here? Is your server down?

The Darkman

Nov 7, 2009
I had the same problem, and then realized I had TWO versions of IMDB mobile installed; one from Blade0rbz and one from Blade0rbz and Darkman. Removing the Blade0rbz-only version fixed the problem.

But now I have another problem; IMDB mobile isn't working with Apptodateat all it comes up as FAILED (Apptodate is working fine with other apps.

What's going wrong here? Is your server down?

Hello,
Never heard of AppToDate so don't know what it does exactly but the latest version is on the startpage of this topic.

Steve James

Jan 11, 2008
Hi The Darkman,

I think there may be a problem passing the 'Top 250' films as I'm getting a crash each time with this option (WiFi and Data Connection).

The error is NullReferenceException at ImdbMobile.IMDBData.Top250Parser.APIWorker_DataDownloaded(Object sender, EventArgs e).

The 'Bottom 100' option works fine.

If you're still supporting the app and get a chance to look at the problem, could you also look at removing the code that sets up the AppToDate data as it looks like the server (http://packardo.co.uk/) that hosts the latest IMDbMobile version number is no longer available. Two files are written to \Application Data\AppToDate - IMDbMobile.ico and IMDbMobile.xml. Unfortunately, even if you delete these files manually then the app re-creates them again. Given that IMDb Mobile fails the version check every time AppToDate is run then the functionality may as well be removed (unless the latest version number available can be hosted elsewhere).

Thanks for your help.

The Darkman

Nov 7, 2009
Hello,

I am running android for a time now and like it very much.

But i will have a look at it. Think this weekend.

Good to hear that there still are WM users :)

Hi The Darkman,

I think there may be a problem passing the 'Top 250' films as I'm getting a crash each time with this option (WiFi and Data Connection).

The error is NullReferenceException at ImdbMobile.IMDBData.Top250Parser.APIWorker_DataDownloaded(Object sender, EventArgs e).

If you're still supporting the app and get a chance to look at the problem, could you also look at removing the code that sets up the AppToDate data as it looks like the server (http://packardo.co.uk/) that hosts the latest IMDbMobile version number is no longer available. Two files are written to \Application Data\AppToDate - IMDbMobile.ico and IMDbMobile.xml. Unfortunately, even if you delete these files manually then the app re-creates them again. Given that IMDb Mobile fails the version check every time AppToDate is run then the functionality may as well be removed (unless the latest version number available can be hosted elsewhere).

Thanks for your help.

Steve James

Jan 11, 2008
Hello,

I am running android for a time now and like it very much.

But i will have a look at it. Think this weekend.

Good to hear that there still are WM users :)

Excellent, thanks very much for taking the time to look at the problem if you get the chance.

Yes, I like Android too - I run an SD version and my sister has just bought a cheap HTC Wildfire on my recommendation. The only problem I have is TomTom Navigator isn't available yet and I don't like Google Navigator or Co-pilot as alternatives. Also, I have a sigificant investment in Memory-Map OS mapping and although MM are working on a port nothing is available yet. Now, running WM 6.5 from SD with Android NAND would be the ideal solution for me!

Sorry, just pushing my luck totally :) - I have Opera Mobile 10 installed to internal memory on my HD2. However, when ever I have Opera Mobile 10 running (even straight after a soft reset), IMDb Mobile v0.8.2 fails to start with a:

Not enough storage is available to process this command
at Extensions.DrawBitMap(Graphics g, Rectangle DestRect, String Name)
at ImdbMobile.UI.Titlebar.DrawVGA()

I'm running a CleanEX Core 3.50 WWE ROM with a US radio to open up the RAM size to 576MB.

With the crash displayed, I've got 218MB of Program Memory In use and 223.20MB Free. Free Storage is 214MB.

No problems with Opera Mobile 9.7 running from ROM with IMDb Mobile.

If you need any more detailed information on any of the issues I've raised then I'll be glad to help. Also, I'm happy to run stuff in test mode to grab additional system parameters if required.

Thanks once again for your help.

Cheers

Steve

The Darkman

Nov 7, 2009
Hello,

In the attachment a version where the apptodate functionality is removed.
As i mentioned i don't have windows mobile running any more so i can't test it. i think you have to manually remove the files from the apptodate folder.

Since i can't run the application on my phone, and in the emulator i don't have internet access i can't debug the "Top 250" problem.

Sorry.

Edit:
Found a way to get internet in the emulator! And found the problem for the "Top 250" bug and fixed it.
Please let me know if the 0.8.2.1 version fixes the AppToDate issue?
When so i will build a new version where the top250 works and put it on the startpost.

Hi The Darkman,

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

The Darkman

Nov 7, 2009
Have send the new build to Blade0rz so it will be up in the startpost soon. :D

v0.8.3 - Changelog
- Removed AppToDate functionality (Wasn't working anymore)
- Fixed Top250 bug

Let me know if these 2 problems are fixed now.

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
Hey nice to see development!

Just wondering if you had a chance to include the streamign media shortcut for the omnia 2?

Thank you!
I have a small request, can you add an entry in settings to allow one to select the default Samsung Streaming Player which is located at:

\\\Program Files\Samsung\Streaming Player\ASPlayer.exe

Alternatively, maybe you could implement a browse-to-file button to select any custom players. Or even just allow copy & paste to function in that field.

Thank you.

Will add the player in next release.

Top Liked Posts