• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] DevCheck 1.19 - System Information

Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
DevCheck is a free application that shows information about your device, hardware and operating system. It is the most comprehensive system information app available.

Once you become a beta tester, it can take a little while for the update to show on Google Play. Usually it shows up in a few minutes (reboot or refresh Google Play Store app might speed it up).

• Dashboard: monitor CPU frequencies, temperatures, memory usage, battery stats, deep sleep and uptime
  • System: get all the info about your device name, brand, manufacturer, environment, Android version and kernel
  • Hardware: displays every known detail about your SOC, CPU, GPU, Memory and storage, including chip names and manufacturers
  • Battery: complete info on your battery status, temperature, level, technology, health, voltage, current and capacity (if available)
  • Network: shows info about your WiFi and mobile/cellular connections, including IP addresses (ipv4 and ipv6), connection info, operator, phone number, phone and network type
  • Sensors: a list of all sensors on the device, including type, manufacturer, power and resolution

PRO VERSION is available through in-app purchase

The pro version includes movable, always-on-top floating monitors. This allows you to monitor CPU frequencies, temperatures, GPU frequency and system load in real time while using other apps. The size, transparency and position of the overlay windows is completely adjustable. On Lollipop and above, the floating monitors can be docked to the statusbar,

The pro version also allows you to switch between light and dark Material Design themes and choose from nine different color schemes (amber, blue, slate grey, aqua, red, green, orange, pink and indigo)

Download:
DevCheck on Google Play

XDA:DevDB Information
DevCheck, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
flar2

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.19
Stable Release Date: 2015-11-28

Created 2015-08-03
Last Updated 2017-02-21

cyberpunk627

May 22, 2006
Subscribed to this thread... This might prove a really useful app!
Do you plan on including also stats about cpu states? Would be useful to have an all in one toolbox for all such stats... But maybe it's not part of this app philosophy [emoji1]

Nexus 6 64gb - CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) @520 dpi
LG G watch R

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Do you plan on including also stats about cpu states? Would be useful to have an all in one toolbox for all such stats... But maybe it's not part of this app philosophy [emoji1]

LG G watch R

You mean like CPU Spy or my CPU Times app? I 'm planning to make some kind of linkage between them, so you could push a button and open CPU Times (or offer to install it if you don't have it).

I don't want to add CPU states directly in this app because it would require adding a boot reciever and a screen on/off listener. These aren't bad things by any means, but I'm trying to keep this app really simple. Basically I don't want to have any types of services or listeners in this app. And no root requirement either.

cyberpunk627

May 22, 2006
Sounds fair, thank you for your explanation! :) I notice your app about cpu states, really interesting and well done too! I like the aesthetics too!

LG G watch R

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Sounds fair, thank you for your explanation! :) I notice your app about cpu states, really interesting and well done too! I like the aesthetics too!

LG G watch R

Thanks. I try to use Material Design standards but I like to add a little something extra. All my apps do neat things with the top toolbar.

Grand_Goblin

Sep 20, 2012
Surabaya
Just installed, I love to see System Information because we don't need go to bootloader just for checking HBOOT version .. I've waiting for the app that shows HBOOT version for quite long time. Actually I don't really need that info since I've settled with 1.61 but still, it would be useful for another people

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

beats4x

Oct 6, 2012
App is working great on all my devices. Keep up the great work @flar2

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Jhonys

Mar 16, 2014
Great app @flar2! Been using it since yesterday and I'm really happy with its functionality

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
Attractive app for a good summary of dozens of figures & informations.
I'd like to mention that there's already a link to CPU Times from the Dashboard (3 dot icon in CPU Status).

Reactions: cyberpunk627

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Works as expected. Only thing that didn't show was bootloader... But I wouldn't expect that seeing how fastboot doesn't even know. ;)

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F

Reactions: bunkeryou

ghul21

Feb 8, 2011
Bielsko-Biała ( Łódź )
Simply love your apps. Thx Aaron.

Attachments

• 1438727026913.jpg
    1438727026913.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 703

kelakent

Mar 11, 2015
DevCheck is a free application that shows information about your device, hardware and operating system. It is the most comprehensive system information app available.

• Dashboard: monitor CPU frequencies, temperatures, memory usage, battery stats, deep sleep and uptime
  • System: get all the info about your device name, brand, manufacturer, environment, Android version and kernel
  • Hardware: displays every known detail about your SOC, CPU, GPU, Memory and storage, including chip names and manufacturers
  • Battery: complete info on your battery status, temperature, level, technology, health, voltage, current and capacity (if available)
  • Network: shows info about your WiFi and mobile/cellular connections, including IP addresses (ipv4 and ipv6), connection info, operator, phone number, phone and network type
  • Sensors: a list of all sensors on the device, including type, manufacturer, power and resolution

The pro version supports future development and allows you to switch between light and dark Material Design themes and choose from nine different color schemes (amber, blue, slate grey, aqua, red, green, orange, pink and indigo)

PERMISSIONS
This app requires many permissions in order to display all the detailed information in the app. None of this information leaves your device. This information is not shared in any way. Your privacy is respected.

Download:
DevCheck on Google Play

Contributors
flar2

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.5
Beta Release Date: 2015-08-04

Created 2015-08-03
Last Updated 2015-08-04

It work properly well, thanks for a good app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Once you become a beta tester, it can take a little while for the update to show on Google Play. Usually it shows up in a few minutes (reboot or refresh Google Play Store app might speed it up).

The pro version includes movable, always-on-top floating monitors. This allows you to monitor CPU frequencies, temperatures, GPU frequency and system load in real time while using other apps. The size, transparency and position of the overlay windows is completely adjustable. On Lollipop and above, the floating monitors can be docked to the statusbar,

The pro version also allows you to switch between light and dark Material Design themes and choose from nine different color schemes (amber, blue, slate grey, aqua, red, green, orange, pink and indigo)

Download:
    DevCheck on Google Play

Contributors
    flar2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.19
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-28

Created 2015-08-03
    Last Updated 2017-02-21

LG G watch R

You mean like CPU Spy or my CPU Times app? I 'm planning to make some kind of linkage between them, so you could push a button and open CPU Times (or offer to install it if you don't have it).

I don't want to add CPU states directly in this app because it would require adding a boot reciever and a screen on/off listener. These aren't bad things by any means, but I'm trying to keep this app really simple. Basically I don't want to have any types of services or listeners in this app. And no root requirement either.
    Beta testing has started for a huge update to DevCheck, which I'm going to call DeviceCheck from now on. I've practically rewritten the entire app because I want it to be the best system information app on Android, and I think it is. There are still a few things left for me to do, including one new feature for the Pro version, but I want to start testing this on as many devices as possible.

Beta signup is here:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/flar2.devcheck

Changes in the beta version:
    -new icon
    -many UI improvements
    -new Camera tab, which will show tons of advanced information if available (things like sensor size, aperture, pixel size, face detection and RAW capability)
    -Advanced temperature detection algorithm
    -Customize name and sensor for temperatures shown on the Dashboard
    -integrate CPU times
    -Click through option for Floating Monitors
    -Language chooser
    -show memory usage of services and running apps
    -Floating Monitors moved into separate process
    -support for dozens of new chips, including Snapdragon S820 and Helio X20
    -improve support for Intel and MediaTek based devices
    -dual sim support
    -show BusyBox status and path
    -show Android security patch level
    -improved hardware detection
    -find public IP address
    -Dashboard support for 10-core devices
    -fix problems with Asus Zenfone 2
    -performance improvements
    -many bugfixes!

LG G watch R

Thanks. I try to use Material Design standards but I like to add a little something extra. All my apps do neat things with the top toolbar.
    Another release coming soon, with support for more hardware a few more bits of information and some minor fixes and improvements. For the pro version, there will be movable, always-on-top floating windows with adjustable size and opacity for monitoring cpu frequencies, temperatures, gpu frequency and load. I'm already finding this to be a useful feature for development.

Translation will begin soon.