• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] DevCheck 1.19 - System Information

Search This thread

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Germany
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
Hi, possible to use this app for 2 device ? I mean the pro version which I already purchased for my op9 pro. But wanted test in op8 pro it not working.
No problem here, app ist running on all my 3 devices. The issue must be on your side. Maybe clean data/cache of playstore and google play services and reboot.
Edit:
To ask the obvious: Are you connected with the same Gmail account on both devices?

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

5tormChild

No problem here, app ist running on all my 3 devices. The issue must be on your side. Maybe clean data/cache of playstore and google play services and reboot.
Edit:
To ask the obvious: Are you connected with the same Gmail account on both devices?
I had this activation problem too, but everything went fine after I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
For me, Google is being a bit problematic off and on at the moment.
I am not sure I like the new PlayStore layout. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That being said, I have had issues recently with clean installs.
Not just this app but, in general.

If I have issues, I clear data and cache of PlayStore and PlayServices.
Both will (re)download updates (hidden) in the background.

Once both PlayStore and PlayServices update again, I do not have issues with installed and/or purchased apps.

So, once again..

It's a Google thing. ;)

Cheers all. :cowboy:

Last edited:

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,
I'm on DevCheck 3.37, and it's not detecting correctly the encryption of my wpa3-personal Wi-Fi.
As you can see, the security is reported as open.
My others Wi-Fi network secured by wpa2-personal on the same router (some of my connected things are not compatible with wpa3) are correctly detected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210705-110745_Paramètres.png
    Screenshot_20210705-110745_Paramètres.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210705-111245_Firefox_Nightly.png
    Screenshot_20210705-111245_Firefox_Nightly.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210705-110838_DevCheck_1.png
    Screenshot_20210705-110838_DevCheck_1.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20210705-111321_Firefox_Nightly_1.png
    Screenshot_20210705-111321_Firefox_Nightly_1.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210705-111108_Paramètres.png
    Screenshot_20210705-111108_Paramètres.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210705-111051_Paramètres.png
    Screenshot_20210705-111051_Paramètres.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210705-111620_DevCheck_1.png
    Screenshot_20210705-111620_DevCheck_1.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210705-111310_Firefox_Nightly_1.png
    Screenshot_20210705-111310_Firefox_Nightly_1.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210705-111555_DevCheck_1.png
    Screenshot_20210705-111555_DevCheck_1.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 15

liminalsunset

Jul 29, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
Hi, I just purchased the latest DevCheck from the Play Store. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10+ on One UI 3.1. The phone is not rooted.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this app. It's very useful and thoughtfully designed and.has many features.

I noticed that the battery current monitor appears to have a bug on this device. When the discharge current appears to be greater than 1 A (1000mA), the display will show -1. When the current falls below, it will return to normal.

When the battery is charging, the current is displayed normally, and can display over 1000mA.

Additionally, the CPU temperature cannot be read. Is there a way to check if this is a device specific issue?

One final note - sometimes the floating monitors activate or deactivate themselves at random - particularly if the settings are left open.

Is /are these bugs that can be fixed, or is this issue a limitation of this device or Samsung OS? Happy to provide more diagnostic info if needed

Thanks

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hi, I just purchased the latest DevCheck from the Play Store. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10+ on One UI 3.1. The phone is not rooted.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this app. It's very useful and thoughtfully designed and.has many features.

I noticed that the battery current monitor appears to have a bug on this device. When the discharge current appears to be greater than 1 A (1000mA), the display will show -1. When the current falls below, it will return to normal.

When the battery is charging, the current is displayed normally, and can display over 1000mA.

Additionally, the CPU temperature cannot be read. Is there a way to check if this is a device specific issue?

One final note - sometimes the floating monitors activate or deactivate themselves at random - particularly if the settings are left open.

Is /are these bugs that can be fixed, or is this issue a limitation of this device or Samsung OS? Happy to provide more diagnostic info if needed

Thanks
Battery current can be fixed, the CPU temperature sensors are highly restricted on newer Android versions, so can't be read without root.

The floating monitors are getting shutdown by the system, you can try disabling battery optimization, or disabling "put apps to sleep"

liminalsunset

Jul 29, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
Thank you for the information! It's really helpful to know that the battery current can be fixed. Is there any information or diagnostic logs I can provide that may be useful in resolving it?

I will make sure to add this app as an exception in all of the various power saving modes.

Interestingly, about the CPU temperature, it appears that it can still actually be read by certain apps (from "System monitor tools lab") - it appears not to simply be the battery's temperature, as it changes much faster with CPU load and differs from the battery's temp (28 vs 37C).

It seems Samsung's "Good Guardians" app has a "Thermal Guardian" module that can read the temperature and thermal level of the system, albeit it doesn't display in degrees, but I wonder if that is how this works.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Thank you for the information! It's really helpful to know that the battery current can be fixed. Is there any information or diagnostic logs I can provide that may be useful in resolving it?

I will make sure to add this app as an exception in all of the various power saving modes.

Interestingly, about the CPU temperature, it appears that it can still actually be read by certain apps (from "System monitor tools lab") - it appears not to simply be the battery's temperature, as it changes much faster with CPU load and differs from the battery's temp (28 vs 37C).

It seems Samsung's "Good Guardians" app has a "Thermal Guardian" module that can read the temperature and thermal level of the system, albeit it doesn't display in degrees, but I wonder if that is how this works.

There may be other temp sensors available that I don't know about. I have a long list and the app runs through them to see if any can be read. Go to the temperatures screen and hit reset in the upper right corner to check again.

Samsung system apps can have access to whatever they want.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org

Interesting, I decompiled that app and they don't check any paths I don't check (I have many, many more). I installed it on a few phones and I suspect they are using an algorithm based on battery temp and cpu load.

Also interesting, my OnePlus phones do not restrict access to thermal sensors, but my Samsung and Pixel devices do. So it seems some manufacturers lift the selinux restrictions so third-party apps can access the files.

Obviously, with root, any sensor nodes can be read.

x2k13

@flar2
In case you missed it, still haven't found an answer to this, actually on LOS 18.1, latest DevCheck, no changes on jfltexx
Thanks for the app, premium purchased!

Edit, klte screenshot, see the difference?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-094344_DevCheck.png
    Screenshot_20210731-094344_DevCheck.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DevCheck is a free application that shows information about your device, hardware and operating system. It is the most comprehensive system information app available.

Once you become a beta tester, it can take a little while for the update to show on Google Play. Usually it shows up in a few minutes (reboot or refresh Google Play Store app might speed it up).

• Dashboard: monitor CPU frequencies, temperatures, memory usage, battery stats, deep sleep and uptime
    • System: get all the info about your device name, brand, manufacturer, environment, Android version and kernel
    • Hardware: displays every known detail about your SOC, CPU, GPU, Memory and storage, including chip names and manufacturers
    • Battery: complete info on your battery status, temperature, level, technology, health, voltage, current and capacity (if available)
    • Network: shows info about your WiFi and mobile/cellular connections, including IP addresses (ipv4 and ipv6), connection info, operator, phone number, phone and network type
    • Sensors: a list of all sensors on the device, including type, manufacturer, power and resolution

PRO VERSION is available through in-app purchase

The pro version includes movable, always-on-top floating monitors. This allows you to monitor CPU frequencies, temperatures, GPU frequency and system load in real time while using other apps. The size, transparency and position of the overlay windows is completely adjustable. On Lollipop and above, the floating monitors can be docked to the statusbar,

The pro version also allows you to switch between light and dark Material Design themes and choose from nine different color schemes (amber, blue, slate grey, aqua, red, green, orange, pink and indigo)

Download:
    DevCheck on Google Play

XDA:DevDB Information
    DevCheck, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    flar2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.19
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-28

Created 2015-08-03
    Last Updated 2017-02-21
    Subscribed to this thread... This might prove a really useful app!
    Do you plan on including also stats about cpu states? Would be useful to have an all in one toolbox for all such stats... But maybe it's not part of this app philosophy [emoji1]

Nexus 6 64gb - CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) @520 dpi
    LG G watch R

You mean like CPU Spy or my CPU Times app? I 'm planning to make some kind of linkage between them, so you could push a button and open CPU Times (or offer to install it if you don't have it).

I don't want to add CPU states directly in this app because it would require adding a boot reciever and a screen on/off listener. These aren't bad things by any means, but I'm trying to keep this app really simple. Basically I don't want to have any types of services or listeners in this app. And no root requirement either.
    Beta testing has started for a huge update to DevCheck, which I'm going to call DeviceCheck from now on. I've practically rewritten the entire app because I want it to be the best system information app on Android, and I think it is. There are still a few things left for me to do, including one new feature for the Pro version, but I want to start testing this on as many devices as possible.

Beta signup is here:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/flar2.devcheck

Once you become a beta tester, it can take a little while for the update to show on Google Play. Usually it shows up in a few minutes (reboot or refresh Google Play Store app might speed it up).

Changes in the beta version:
    -new icon
    -many UI improvements
    -new Camera tab, which will show tons of advanced information if available (things like sensor size, aperture, pixel size, face detection and RAW capability)
    -Advanced temperature detection algorithm
    -Customize name and sensor for temperatures shown on the Dashboard
    -integrate CPU times
    -Click through option for Floating Monitors
    -Language chooser
    -show memory usage of services and running apps
    -Floating Monitors moved into separate process
    -support for dozens of new chips, including Snapdragon S820 and Helio X20
    -improve support for Intel and MediaTek based devices
    -dual sim support
    -show BusyBox status and path
    -show Android security patch level
    -improved hardware detection
    -find public IP address
    -Dashboard support for 10-core devices
    -fix problems with Asus Zenfone 2
    -performance improvements
    -many bugfixes!
    Sounds fair, thank you for your explanation! :) I notice your app about cpu states, really interesting and well done too! I like the aesthetics too!

Nexus 6 64gb - CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) @520 dpi
    LG G watch R

Thanks. I try to use Material Design standards but I like to add a little something extra. All my apps do neat things with the top toolbar.
    Another release coming soon, with support for more hardware a few more bits of information and some minor fixes and improvements. For the pro version, there will be movable, always-on-top floating windows with adjustable size and opacity for monitoring cpu frequencies, temperatures, gpu frequency and load. I'm already finding this to be a useful feature for development.

Translation will begin soon.