[APP]Disable Service[Guide][Android 2.2+]

Search This thread

-scarface-

Oct 9, 2012
Disable Service app helps to disable services running in background! (Root access needed)
You can install this app on any device running Android version 2.2 or higher. When opening app you can see a screen displaying all the services running and not running. You can see two tabs General Apps the one installed by user and System Apps that are used by System Applications.

1l5nvuf0jwtr5u9lyyd.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download (Google Play)
1 disabled.
1 running currently.

Any General Apps service is safe to disable except most part of Google Play Services, but they can make apps inactive so u will have to enable services for each app to work properly when u are going to use them.

General Apps Services safe to disable: (Google Play Services)

• Google Play Services
-AnalyticaService(by disabling this one u won t be able to log in your gmail or youtube account)
-GmcService
-NlpLocationRecieverService
-GoogleLocationManagerService

System services safe to disable:

• Google Play Store
-PendingNotificationsServices
-ContentSyncService
-DailyHygiene
  • Google Services Framework
-GTalkService
  • Keypad
-BluetoothHeadsetService
-SupplementaryNetworkService
  • Maps
-PrefetcherService
  • Network Location
-NetworkLocationService
-NetworkLocationService
  • Unsupported Headset Notifier
-UnsupportedHeadsetNotifier

These services are safe to disable, for example Google Play Stores 3 disabled services won't affect Play Store to work properly, u can still download and install apps. This helps to save some RAM.

Last edited:

banciii

Jul 26, 2012
Budapest
GTalkService

If I disable GTalkService or GTalkServiceProxy, the network sync brakes. (The blue indicators of the network (wifi/mobile_data) in the status bar becaomes grey, which means I don't get most of the notifications, like new FB Messenger message or Foursquare check-in etc.) I thought this services are related to Google Talk (Hangouts), so I can disable it safely, but it looks like it is not that case. :( :p Btw. I disabled almost all the active 'Google Play Services' services and so far, so good, everything works. I am using wifi networks or mobile data for location (eg. in Maps, Foursquare etv.), so I guess I should not disable the other suggested services. :p

banciii

Jul 26, 2012
Budapest
You should also consider to try Greenify, it does the same job and works great

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know Greenify, I am using the donated version for some months now already, but Greenify can't keep every app hibernated. Other apps can wake hibernated apps up, which I know can be cut, but for example in Google Play Services, there are some servies which could be cut off because it is not needed for me, but on the other hand, there are some services which needed for location and as far as I know, Greenify can't distinguish in the app's services, it handles only the whole app, so I guess when another app wakes Play Servies app up, every services start to run in the background which means more RAM use too. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenCloud

Mystique

Oct 1, 2010
So I have found

CampaignTrackingService

to be safe to disable..

and GcmIntentService

not to be safe to disable..

Both exist randomly in user and system apps..

seb3773

May 19, 2010
how to re-enable with adb in case of bootloop ?

Hello, I tried this app to disable some location related services, but my device freezed and now I experience a bootloop. I have no recovery (no cwm on my device) and I would like to know if there's a way to re-enable disabled services with adb (as I have adb access) ?...

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Hello, I tried this app to disable some location related services, but my device freezed and now I experience a bootloop. I have no recovery (no cwm on my device) and I would like to know if there's a way to re-enable disabled services with adb (as I have adb access) ?...

abd access how, in CWM or system?
Nevermind that, do you have root access(su) in adb?
If you can tell me which services you have disabled

Last edited:

seb3773

May 19, 2010
Yes, I have root access in adb, (stuck on android bootanimation , but adb is working). I'm at work now, but I will tell you what services I disabled when I'm home. (it was 2/3 location related services). I'm on ICS by the way, maybe this application is not designed to work with this version of android ?

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Yes, I have root access in adb, (stuck on android bootanimation , but adb is working). I'm at work now, but I will tell you what services I disabled when I'm home. (it was 2/3 location related services). I'm on ICS by the way, maybe this application is not designed to work with this version of android ?

But you must have root access, run su in adb shell see if its working
The app just runs android package manager to enable/disable services should be a problem with any verion of android.
Also if you have adb, it might help if you take logcat since reboot.

zxcasd

May 18, 2012
It's an amazing app. My phone became faster and I've got much more RAM. Thanks.

List of my disabled services: (I'm not using GPS and bluetooth so I disabled all of these services.)
Code:
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.fused.NlpLocationReceiverService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.geocode.GeocodeService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.network.NetworkLocationService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.GoogleLocationManagerService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.geofencer.service.GeofenceProviderService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.server.GoogleLocationService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.reporting.LocationReceiverService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.reporting.LocationReportingService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.reporting.service.LocationHistoryInjectorService
com.android.email/com.android.email.service.LegacyEmailAuthenticatorService
com.android.email/com.android.email.service.LegacyEasAuthenticatorService
com.android.location.fused/com.android.location.fused.FusedLocationService
android/android.hardware.location.GeofenceHardwareService
com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.billing.iab.PendingNotificationsService
com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.services.ContentSyncService
com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.services.DailyHygiene
com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.billing.iab.InAppBillingService
com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.services.CheckWifiAndAutoUpdate
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.service.GTalkService
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.service.GTalkServiceProxy
org.cyanogenmod.voiceplus/org.cyanogenmod.voiceplus.VoicePlusService
org.cyanogenmod.voiceplus/org.cyanogenmod.voiceplus.VoiceListenerService

Last edited:

raymond1208

Jan 8, 2012

List of my disabled services: (I'm not using GPS and bluetooth so I disabled all of these services.)
Code:
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.analytics.service.AnalyticsService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.fused.NlpLocationReceiverService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.network.NetworkLocationService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.GoogleLocationManagerService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.geofencer.service.GeofenceProviderService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.server.GoogleLocationService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.reporting.LocationReceiverService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.reporting.LocationReportingService
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.reporting.service.LocationHistoryInjectorService
com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.billing.iab.PendingNotificationsService
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.service.GTalkServiceProxy
com.android.phone/com.android.phone.BluetoothPhoneService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.btservice.AdapterService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.btservice.QAdapterService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.opp.BluetoothOppService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.pbap.BluetoothPbapService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.map.BluetoothMapService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.gatt.GattService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hfp.HeadsetService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.a2dp.A2dpService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hid.HidService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hdp.HealthService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.pan.PanService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hfpclient.HandsfreeClientService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hid.HidDevService

Billingservice in some app like Go SMS can be disabled too..
it's better for you to check what apps are running in background >80% of total time and analyze what service it use
then decide whether it is important or not,,

LatinIME service in android keyboard is not safe to disable..

Last edited:
Reactions: JonasVFC

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal

Code:
com.android.phone/com.android.phone.BluetoothPhoneService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.btservice.AdapterService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.btservice.QAdapterService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.opp.BluetoothOppService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.pbap.BluetoothPbapService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.map.BluetoothMapService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.gatt.GattService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hfp.HeadsetService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.a2dp.A2dpService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hid.HidService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hdp.HealthService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.pan.PanService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hfpclient.HandsfreeClientService
com.android.bluetooth/com.android.bluetooth.hid.HidDevService

The problem on disabling "GcmService" is that push notifications will stop work. At least those using gcm engine (almost all).

zxcasd

May 18, 2012
The problem on disabling "GcmService" is that push notifications will stop work. At least those using gcm engine (almost all).

Thanks for alert. I disabled gms to gain more battery time, push notifications is not so important for me. :)

Last edited:

MrCyano

Oct 14, 2014
Somebody know wich services i've to disabled for deactive checkin handoff wakelock? My phone doesn't go in deep sleep... Thank you in advice

marknoll

May 13, 2014
So I have found

CampaignTrackingService

to be safe to disable..

and GcmIntentService

not to be safe to disable..

Both exist randomly in user and system apps..
Any other services causing wicked wakelocks and are they disablable? Is that a real word?lol

marknoll

May 13, 2014
What's the difference in blue fonts of the words?. Noticed that in services.. I know what the colored numbers mean..but what about the words? Thanks.
73ec1ccb1c4f49718e38795b9d4ebbf2.jpg

ubuntujason

Jan 21, 2009
WA
doesn't the words in blue mean that the service is "running" [currently running] ... i think so, I think red means disabled, blue means running, white means it exists

good thread, will be watching it to help tame my battery life!

Reactions: mratix and marknoll

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disable Service app helps to disable services running in background! (Root access needed)
    You can install this app on any device running Android version 2.2 or higher. When opening app you can see a screen displaying all the services running and not running. You can see two tabs General Apps the one installed by user and System Apps that are used by System Applications.

1l5nvuf0jwtr5u9lyyd.jpg

Download (Google Play)
    1 disabled.
    1 running currently.

Any General Apps service is safe to disable except most part of Google Play Services, but they can make apps inactive so u will have to enable services for each app to work properly when u are going to use them.

General Apps Services safe to disable: (Google Play Services)

• Google Play Services
    -AnalyticaService(by disabling this one u won t be able to log in your gmail or youtube account)
    -GmcService
    -NlpLocationRecieverService
    -GoogleLocationManagerService

System services safe to disable:

• Google Play Store
    -PendingNotificationsServices
    -ContentSyncService
    -DailyHygiene
    • Google Services Framework
    -GTalkService
    • Keypad
    -BluetoothHeadsetService
    -SupplementaryNetworkService
    • Maps
    -PrefetcherService
    • Network Location
    -NetworkLocationService
    -NetworkLocationService
    • Unsupported Headset Notifier
    -UnsupportedHeadsetNotifier

These services are safe to disable, for example Google Play Stores 3 disabled services won't affect Play Store to work properly, u can still download and install apps. This helps to save some RAM.
    My Android Tools

Hey,

I recently discover another app with more advanced feature from the same dev who developped DIsable Service : It is called My Android Tools.

You can still disable service but also other think like Broadcast Receivers.
    Disabling receivers of application has roughly the same effect of greenify : Your app will only launch when you use it.

Thanks to this thread and some other, I disabled ~30 service of Google Play Services and the receiver of applications that tend to start themselve. Now I have almost no wakelocks (so good battery life) and my system is smooth and i can still use Maps and Youtube without problems :) (I'm on Xperia U with CM11)

There is the list (with the full names of services):

For Google Play Service
    In services
    Code:
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.gcm.http.GoogleHttpService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.subscribedfeeds.SyncService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.ads.AdRequestBrokerService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.ads.social.GcmSchedulerWakeupService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.ads.identifier.service.AdvertisingIdService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.wallet.service.analytics.AnalyticsIntentService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.wearable.node.bluetooth.BluetoothClientService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.wearable.node.bluetooth.BluetoothServerService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.fitness.sync.FitnessSyncAdapterService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.deviceconnection.service.DeviceConnectionServiceBroker
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.fused.FusedLocationService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.fused.service.FusedProviderService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.reporting.service.DispatchingService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.places.PlaylogService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesAndroidService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesIntentService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesSignInService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesSignInIntentService
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesSyncServiceMain
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesSyncServiceNotification
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesUploadService

In receivers (It should prevent Google Services starting itself to launch serivecs that are disabled)
    Code:
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService\$Receiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService\$ActiveReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService\$TriggerReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService\$SecretCodeReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService\$ImposeReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.checkin.EventLogService\$Receiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService\$Receiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService\$ActiveReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.config.ConfigFetchService\$PackageReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.gcm.GmsAutoStarter
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.gcm.ServiceAutoStarter
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmDiagnosticsReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmPackageTracker\$GcmPackageChangeReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.playlog.service.MonitorAlarmReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.app.receiver.OneTimeInitializerReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.app.receiver.SystemBroadcastReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.feedback.FeedbackConnectivityReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.icing.service.PowerConnectedReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.kids.account.RetryKidsAccountSetupReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.notifications.GcmBroadcastReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.ConnectivityReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.AccountsChangedReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.LockscreenUnlockedReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.ActivateDeviceAdminUponUnlockReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.auth.be.proximity.authorization.bt.AuthorizationBluetoothService\$AutoStarter
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.auth.authzen.GcmReceiverService\$Receiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.auth.devicesignals.LockScreenListener
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.common.analytics.CoreAnalyticsAlarmReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.common.notification.PersistentNotificationBroadcastReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.wearable.service.AutoStarterReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.fitness.service.FitnessInitReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.fitness.wearables.WearableSyncServiceReceiver
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.AnalyticsSampler
    com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.games.receiver.GamesSystemBroadcastReceiver

For Google Play Store
    Services
    Code:
    com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.billing.creditcard.BillingAccountService

For Google Service Framework
    Services : You can disable everything
    Receivers
    Code:
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinService\$Receiver
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinService\$TriggerReceiver
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinService\$SecretCodeReceiver
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.checkin.EventLogService\$Receiver
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService\$SecretCodeReceiver
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService\$Receiver
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.loginservice.MigrateToAccountManagerBroadcastReceiver
    com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.usagestats.StatsUploadService\$Receiver

Note that I dont use GCM notifications. For the GPS i use "Device only" so dont know if high accuracy and low battery mode are working with this configuration. I only use Maps and Youtube and the store as Gapps. I think that the services you can disable vary from the need of one user to another . It's mostly by testing that you see what you can disable withtout affecting your experience or not.

You can also check this guide if you want http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s-advance/themes-apps/share-myandroidtools-guide-to-disable-t2869119

Code:
    Sorry for the late response, I didnt seem to receive a notification for some bizarre reason. Anywho. The simple answer to your questions are..

1. Re-enabling a service is done the same way as disabling a service... HOWEVER... If you are as unlucky as i am and everytime you tried to enable or disable specific types of services,rhe app would just shutdown and when you go back in to the services tab and look for the service you try to disable, the service still remains disabled..

IF THE ABOVE MENTIONED PROBLEM IS HAPPENING TO You, then continue reading the next Solution which I mentioned in my very long post earlier..

But because I am a nice person and because I care, I will explain it again in the post for your convenience..

SOLUTION 2...
    The easiest way to revert all changes made back to default..

1. In your custom recovery menu, you can just clear art/dalvik cache and cache..

If the above doesn't work for you. Then try solution 2 below.

Solution 2..

Navigate from your phones home screen to Settings>Apps>.. Inside this menu list of all your apps, tap thr 3dots on the top right of the screen and tap "show system apps"..

Now that all your user and system apps are shown, tap on the app or service that you made changes to (in this case we'll say fusedlocation)..

Navigate in to the apps preferences / settings and clearthe app data and cache and reboot the device..

With Google play store /services.

If clearing the app data and cache then rebooti method does not work for you.

Then just uninstall all the updates for both of those app/services which will restore them back to factory default versions..

Then reboot, and you will be back to an error free device, and you can start over again disabling apps or services as you please without losing any of your user data, files, or any other apps you have installed.

This method is safe as I had to do this 3 times after disabling a service that o should not have :)

Hope that helps guys.. Good luck

Sent from my E6653 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    What an useful thread, I hope more update coming :D

This is services that I have disabled:
    1. Google play services 6.5.87
    - Auto backup service
    - Auto backup sync service
    - Auto backup work service
    - Backup transport migrator service (I guess for Google backup in settings)
    - Backup Transport service (I guess for Google backup in settings)
    - Core Analytic Intent service
    - Google Location manager Service
    - Location Wearable listener service
    - System update service (For OTA I guess, since I'm in custom ROM)
    - Wearable control service (I'm not using wearable device)
    - Wearable sync service (I'm not using wearable device)

don't:
    - Fused location (cause random force close on KitKat)
    - Google location service (pinpoint your location)
    - Network location service (pinpoint your location)
    - nlp Location receiver service (phone number lookup in google dialer)
    - Wearable service (error in Play Music)

2. Google Play Store
    - Content sync service
    - daily hygiene
    don't:
    - pending notification service (I guess notification for updating an app, which is useful for me)

3. Google backup transport
    - all of it :)

4. Google service framework
    - Checkinservice
    - event log service
    - System update service

don't:
    5. Fused location
    - Fused location service (cause random force close on KitKat)

6. Google+
    - Auto backup sync service
    - Upload scheduler service

More for update if I can find more information.

Update 1:
    You have to reboot your device to really know what disabled services that causing an error.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone