using checkboxes vs highlighting
searching Google for "no PNG files found for import"
searching XDA for "no PNG files found for import"

tia
-Alien

Hekat

Feb 27, 2010
Paname
Convert file error, Rename png file like this : 64ddb0b1_manila.png and this OK and rename to the original name to use, the png name must be in a specific format...
It's useless but it is like that, a myfile.png cannot be convert in "myfile_manila" or "myfile".

Another thing useless : :mad:
He refuses to open/convert several QTC1, a error about destIndex and length of the table (in C++).
But about the length, the files are in :\m9editor\Structure = 19 chars...
There remain 236 chars free but error appear sometimes on QTC1 only.

EX : the file 2daf4b32_manila must not be open/convert... error, test this and say me if this is a local error or global error...

AND it's impossible to convert the other file if a error detindex/length table is found... search file 1 to 1 and delete in folder (not in m9, delete to keyboard dont work)
it's... weak to use

When this error found, a pupup appear and it is necessary to click 3 times on OK button...............

Here are the errors which I have.

And for better use m9 :
- the possibility of removing files directly in the list by delete to keyboard and by lot would be very smart !
- and option for skip all error MSG generated by system on m9 command !

Edit : OK i have found another app, CFC Gui v0.60.35 no prob !

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Reminder

It appears some folks may have missed the following information that is found on the first post of this thread:

m9editor
development discontinued

For those who wish to further explore Manila, there are a few Social Groups that may be of assistance.

Regards,

etoy

Dec 21, 2009
did someone try to use this editor on windows 7 x64? it crashes everytime i try to run it..i don't know what i'm missing as .net 3.5 is already installed. i have 3.5.1 too. please give me a clue..

varmandra

Jan 5, 2008
Helmstedt
It appears some folks may have missed the following information that is found on the first post of this thread:

m9editor
development discontinued

For those who wish to further explore Manila, there are a few Social Groups that may be of assistance.

Regards,

Maybe you can give some link for these Social Groups, most i found were not realy usefull.

PS: i use this editor under Win7 64bit and it work without any problem

BdT
Varmandra

Last edited:

stouph52

Nov 14, 2008
chaumont
hi every body

i have a problem

when i change some values of calendar.mod9 of Manila_Calendar_2_5_20113223_0 ,i lose the number days of page years

show

AFTER ----->

I see that some value of mode9 file are changed then saving the file

show

perhap's someone knows to fix this problem
thanks ik advance for your help

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Mode9Editor Names text & some other usefull apps

First off, I update the txt that list filenames for Mode9Editor. I added some of the missing 2.1 names & the whole 2.5 list i found, plus some of the T-Mobile MyFaves files. It is in the attached zip. Unzip to the directory you have Mode9Editor in & replace original. On next restart of Mode9editor, it'll find those filenames I added.

Secondly, Mode9editor uses laudec to decompile scripts. I've had nothing but problems with it. It constantly creates errors in the scripts. I found another tool called "LuaTool v1.2" by Cookiemonster. It'll decompile script with a 10x better chance of no errors. I've decompiled the whole people page luacs & recompiled them as a test & all worked on my device w/o issue. Doing this with luadec, it''d break the page. NOTE: Do NOT view the scripts in Mode9editor after using LuaTool on them. It'll make Mode9editor crash.

Lastly, use CFC GUI by Chainfire to edit the images. It is far better for that& allows you to import\export images to\from your device when connected via USB for easy testing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, & ManilaHash by NisseDILLIGAF. It's a great little app that will give you the hashname for any filenames you enter. This is how I ended up updating the filename text. I made intelegent guesses at what the filepath/filename should be. When I found the one that matched an existing _manila file, I added it to the filename text.

Attachments

• m9editor.names.txt.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

whtguitarguy

Mar 7, 2010
I'm looking for a green version using r=94 g=233 b=74 a=0 for the weather text on the home tab...there is a blue one available. I tried to use m9editor to do it myself but there is always some "exception" and it won't continue past half of the manila file. Anyway I can get an older version, or at least that particular green already put into a manila file? Thanks!

negawolf

Aug 17, 2009
Yogyakarta
Hi guys...I know this thread is discontinued but, does anybody able to make this apps works on vista 32 bit? I can't even start the apps...

AmirX1

Jun 30, 2010
Hi
I test software for the analog clock as well as a PNG in Photoshop made with extension
But when I save that size is zero?
I'm using Vista you please help me
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6Fg8 proudly presents:
    m9editor
    development discontinued

m9editor is your little helper when it comes to editing manila files. It lets you edit nearly all aspects of a mode9 file. Additionally it will assist you with graphics, allowing import, export and CFC compression. And It includes a directory viewer with information specific to manila files.

requirements:
    m9editor is written in .net, so .netCF3.5 (currently SP1) must be installed (usually its already there). It has been developed and tested using Windows XP x64, but should run on any Windows platform.

usage:
    see the manual contained in the download package (PDF)

making of / credits:
    thanks to: D-MAN666, sztupy, nixx-X1, Chainfire, pcarvalho, showaco, guap, 12aon, xboxmod, NisseDILLIGAF, smotrs, for contributing knowledge, ideas, testing. Thank you guys (& gals of course) !

version history:
    2009-03-10 - v3.3.0.1
    BUGFIX: crashed when using selections
    2009-03-09 - v3.3.0.0
    - LuaConv is now included in the m9editor download package
    - CHG: all sourcecode related functions use ".lua" as default extension
    - NEW: compile and import function for lua script sourcefiles:

for mode9 files (embedded scripts):
    m9editor remembers the filename of the source on a per-node basis and lets you subsequently edit the recently used file from the particular node. You may also attach/detach such a link manually. If a link is established, you may edit the sourcefile (check if you set the "SourceCodeViewer" option in m9editor.cfg) and recompile/import in a single step. When saving the mode9 file the links are saved too (mode9file.ann) and reloaded on next open.

for standalone scripts:
    m9editor checks if a correspondig xxxxxxxx_manila.lua exists in the script directory. If yes, you are offered edit and compile options.

- NEW: editor context menu: view source for embedded scripts
    - NEW: search previous button
    - FIX: editing characterreference threw exception
    - NEW: dirviewer context menu for mode9 files: compare with: compare two mode9 files without loading it first
    - NEW: dirviewer context menu for all files: hex compare with: compare two files with hexview.
    Only available if AptDiff is installed. Edit m9editor.cfg and insert the following line (use the path on your system):
    AptDiffPath=c:\Program Files (x86)\Brother Technology\AptDiff 1.5\aptdiff.exe

If AptDiff is installed and configured in m9editor.cfg, text compares are done with AptDiff instead of ExamDiff

WARNING:
    during directory analyze, if a lua script is found, m9editor checks for existence of <filename>.luac.lua. If its found it will be renamed to <filename>.lua. In directory viewer the line will be shown blue colored to indicate the presence of a sourcecode file.

during mode9 file load, if a embedded script is found, m9editor checks for existence of <filename>_<bytepos>.luac.lua. If its found it will be renamed to <filename>_<bytepos>.lua. In mode9 editor you will notice the link to the script sourcecode. Dont forget to save the mode9 file to make the link permanent (otherwise if you modify the structure, links might be lost due to changing byteposition).

WARNING2:
    The pdf attached doesnt reflect the latest changes to m9editor, update follows.

2009-02-22 - v3.2.0.1
    - fixed definitions for weather.mode9 and landscape.mode9 which rendered them unusable after modifying
    2009-02-22
    I removed the QtcConv and LuaConv tools because they lack of syntactical checks and the same functionality is available in m9editor.
    EDIT: added the old LuaConv again, seems to work not that bad i thought it would :)
    2009-02-21 - v3.2.0.0
    - font changes for various fields to avoid overlapping
    - if "manila files dir" is changed in settings, directoryview will be reloaded
    - new: directory viewer context menu option for mode9 files: "extract embedded scripts", writes them to script directory
    - changed interpretation of UV property (16.16 instead of INT32)
    - picture view: new "save as PNG" and "save as QTC" buttons will save your graphic to a selectable directory
    2009-02-19 - v3.1.0.1
    bugfix for "save tree to file" function
    2009-02-19 - v3.1.0.0
    time for a new version :)
    - m9editor now remembers last window/splitter positions and restores them on start and returning from minimize
    - HOT compare feature: if a mode9 file is loaded, rightclick on the toplevel node to compare with another mode9 file, or save the treeview as a textfile. Compares are done with a freeware tool named "ExamDiff" from PrestoSoft.
    2009-02-18 - v3.0.5.0
    new context menu functions in directory viewer: delete, copy to
    2009-02-17 - v3.0.4.0
    content of XML, HTML displayed in lower right panel
    evaluation of XML locales in directory viewer
    manual is complete, and now a part of the package
    2009-02-16 - v3.0.3.1
    annotations now work for new tags as well, and will be copied between instances (+corrected a few flaws during display)
    new: search within decompiled lua scripts
    new: copy annotations between instances of m9editor
    2009-02-11 - v3.0.2.0
    bugfix: empty value crash
    minor improvements
    2009-02-10 - v3.0.1.0
    some little improvements:
    - sourcecode of embedded scripts and .luac files is shown whenever possible
    - zoom percentage display for graphics display
    2009-02-09 - v3.0.0.0
    I've made a lot of changes to improve m9editor. The most important are:
    - integration with sztupy's luadec (thanks and credits to sztupy for great decompiler and permission to use, and of course once again to D-MAN666 for providing knowledge)
    - import of compiled lua scripts (ANSI or Unicode, autodetected)
    - UI reworked: editor, directory viewer, image viewer combined in one window

planned for next releases of m9editor:
    - copy files to/from PDA if connected via ActiveSync
    - smart-select referenced graphic files in a mode9 file
    - selfcheck for consistent mode9 writing
    - analysis of lua script "require"'s for valid manila names

download stats:
    v.3.2.0.1: 1554 views (wow! impressed!)