[App Discussion] ReVanced, the successor to Vanced

Search This thread

TinySoul

Feb 18, 2016
Hello Friends,

I would like to share information about the true successor to the Vanced app. It is called ReVanced.

The project page is located on the GitHub site.

There you have all the information to build the patcher binaries(not the patched YouTube apk). Then patch the YouTube apk(must be official original apk) from the command line (instructions are there on how to do this).

Building the binaries on your own can be overwhelming for many so the easiest way is to download the "ReVanced Manager" (needs Android 8 and above). Link is on the homepage.

Unlike Vanced Manager, ReVanced Manager will not download any apk and microg (for non-root devices). It will show you the installed official YouTube version on which to apply the patch. It also allow you to specify an offline YouTube apk stored on your device which you want to patch. It will then display the list of available patches. You can choose the patches as per your requirement and apply them. Once the patches are applied successfully, you will see an option to install the patched apk as a non-root user or "install as root". My device is not rooted so I could not test it.

If you are applying patches on the installed YouTube app, then depending on the patches you choose you may get the warning saying something like "split configuration detected. The patches you choose requires resource patching, hence you may encounter some errors".

I was not sure what to do so I choose to apply patches on the offline apk.

Important: The ReVanced Manager doesn't seems to recognise .apks or .xapk extensions so your offline apk needs to be a single apk (you can get the apk from trusted site like apkpure or find a way to extract the split apk's from the installed app and merge them into a single apk)

One more thing the patched apk will not install over your existing installed official apk. So you must remove it first. I am also not sure if the patched apk will install over a previously patched apk created with the ReVanced Manager (It should be possible but I came across this project just last night and haven't really tested the various scenarios).

Note: I am neither a contributor on this project nor I am associated with them in any way. I am just sharing something useful I came across.

Thank you 🙂

Added 12-Oct-2022
Link to the Project page on GitHub (Organized by ipdev)

Added 17-Oct-2022
ReVanced Builder - An alternative to ReVanced Manager
ReVanced.io - Download fully patched YouTube Revanced app

Last edited:

Sudhangshu

Hello Friends,

I would like to share information about the true successor to the Vanced app. It is called ReVanced.

There you have all the information to build the patcher binaries(not the patched YouTube apk). Then patch the YouTube apk(must be official original apk) from the command line (instructions are there on how to do this).

Building the binaries on your own can be overwhelming for many so the easiest way is to download the "ReVanced Manager" (needs Android 8 and above). Link is on the homepage.

Unlike Vanced Manager, ReVanced Manager will not download any apk and microg (for non-root devices). It will show you the installed official YouTube version on which to apply the patch. It also allow you to specify an offline YouTube apk stored on your device which you want to patch. It will then display the list of available patches. You can choose the patches as per your requirement and apply them. Once the patches are applied successfully, you will see an option to install the patched apk as a non-root user or "install as root". My device is not rooted so I could not test it.

If you are applying patches on the installed YouTube app, then depending on the patches you choose you may get the warning saying something like "split configuration detected. The patches you choose requires resource patching, hence you may encounter some errors".

Important: The ReVanced Manager doesn't seems to recognise .apks or .xapk extensions so your offline apk needs to be a single apk (you can get the apk from trusted site like apkpure or find a way to extract the split apk's from the installed app and merge them into a single apk)

One more thing the patched apk will not install over your existing installed official apk. So you must remove it first. I am also not sure if the patched apk will install over a previously patched apk created with the ReVanced Manager (It should be possible but I came across this project just last night and haven't really tested the various scenarios).

Note: I am neither a contributor on this project nor I am associated with them in any way. I am just sharing something useful I came across.

Thank you 🙂
Hey thank you for providing this info but i would like to add that this method isn't working for me i have tried countless times for YouTube and YouTube music with the recommended versions but still everytime i tried to open both apps they force close, currently I'm using lineage is 19.1

Reactions: hacker812c

TinySoul

Feb 18, 2016
Hey thank you for providing this info but i would like to add that this method isn't working for me i have tried countless times for YouTube and YouTube music with the recommended versions but still everytime i tried to open both apps they force close, currently I'm using lineage is 19.1
You said you tried it with the recommended versions but the patched apps were immediately crashing. But did you tried to patch the recommended version as installed version or the offline apk files? If you tried to patch the installed version then did you uninstalled the app before installing the patched version? Also do ensure that the recommended app versions were original apps (no modification whatsoever)

I am assuming you are using ReVanced Manager to the patch the apps. So did the process even completed properly? If yes then how did you tried to install the patched versions? You must have got two options once the process was completed i.e "install as root" and "install". Do check the logs for any error or exception. On couple of occasions I got an exception but the patching process continued and in the end it said build success. And when I tried to install patched app it won't work. While on other occasion after the exception the manager displayed "aborting due to exception" and then it kind of stuck.

The latest version of ReVanced Manager is 0.0.28. But the most latest version I have tried was 0.0.26 and it has a broken "install as root" option. Yet to check if it is fixed in 0.0.28. You can also try using the older version of the manager (0.0.13 or 0.0.16)

If you tried to installed the patched apps as a regular user, then I think you need microg installed on your devices and you must select "microg support" when selecting the patches to apply. Though not sure but I think for non-root installation you should also select "spoof client" patch.

One quick and sure way to determine whether you are doing something wrong or missing some step is to download and install the pre patched apk on your device. For obvious reasons I am not going to share any links here. Just search for "revanced youtube apk" and you will easily find latest patched YouTube app. And of course download and install the patched app at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any mess created.

Thanks

Sudhangshu

You said you tried it with the recommended versions but the patched apps were immediately crashing. But did you tried to patch the recommended version as installed version or the offline apk files? If you tried to patch the installed version then did you uninstalled the app before installing the patched version? Also do ensure that the recommended app versions were original apps (no modification whatsoever)

I am assuming you are using ReVanced Manager to the patch the apps. So did the process even completed properly? If yes then how did you tried to install the patched versions? You must have got two options once the process was completed i.e "install as root" and "install". Do check the logs for any error or exception. On couple of occasions I got an exception but the patching process continued and in the end it said build success. And when I tried to install patched app it won't work. While on other occasion after the exception the manager displayed "aborting due to exception" and then it kind of stuck.

The latest version of ReVanced Manager is 0.0.28. But the most latest version I have tried was 0.0.26 and it has a broken "install as root" option. Yet to check if it is fixed in 0.0.28. You can also try using the older version of the manager (0.0.13 or 0.0.16)

If you tried to installed the patched apps as a regular user, then I think you need microg installed on your devices and you must select "microg support" when selecting the patches to apply. Though not sure but I think for non-root installation you should also select "spoof client" patch.

One quick and sure way to determine whether you are doing something wrong or missing some step is to download and install the pre patched apk on your device. For obvious reasons I am not going to share any links here. Just search for "revanced youtube apk" and you will easily find latest patched YouTube app. And of course download and install the patched app at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any mess created.

Thanks
Yeah thank you for writing back, as you have mentioned i have tried both method, i have installed YouTube and YouTube music from play store but upon patching YouTube it said that the current version is not supported so I downloaded the said version from apkmirror and tried to patch, the patch was complete without any error but the app was crashing as soon as it was launching.

About the YouTube music app the current version was supported but after patching I uninstalled the current version and installed the patch version even though it wasn't working, the app crashed as soon as it was launched.

And I don't get any prompt to install it via non-root method the app installed as regular app, though I got prompt from play protect but I disabled play protect later.

Already tried with many different versions of YouTube and YouTube music but no success.

I even tried it on my brother's phone (galaxy s9+) but no success, same results on his phone too.

But thanks man you're doing good, really appreciate your work, I'll keep trying it if you come across any solution kindly share it.

Thanks man.

TinySoul

Feb 18, 2016
Yeah thank you for writing back, as you have mentioned i have tried both method, i have installed YouTube and YouTube music from play store but upon patching YouTube it said that the current version is not supported so I downloaded the said version from apkmirror and tried to patch, the patch was complete without any error but the app was crashing as soon as it was launching.

About the YouTube music app the current version was supported but after patching I uninstalled the current version and installed the patch version even though it wasn't working, the app crashed as soon as it was launched.

And I don't get any prompt to install it via non-root method the app installed as regular app, though I got prompt from play protect but I disabled play protect later.

Already tried with many different versions of YouTube and YouTube music but no success.

I even tried it on my brother's phone (galaxy s9+) but no success, same results on his phone too.

But thanks man you're doing good, really appreciate your work, I'll keep trying it if you come across any solution kindly share it.

Thanks man.

Thanks man.
I am not sure but I think the crash is some how related to compatibility issue of the ReVanced manager on Android 12 and above. Some people are having issues while trying to patch YouTube and YouTube Music apps on stock or custom ROM based on Android 12 and above.

At the same time, for others the patched apps are working fine for them even on Android 13 beta.

You are getting only "install" option after successful patching probably because your device is already rooted. I can't verify it because my phone is not rooted.

It is also possible that "install" option is automatically assuming that your device is not rooted. Thus when you are try to run the patched app, it is looking for "MicroG libraries" and it crashes when it does find MicroG installation on your device.

So I suggest uninstall the patched apps, install MicroG first then reinstall the patched apps, reboot your device and see if it works.

You can also try patching the apps on Android 11 based ROM(stock or custom) on rooted and non-rooted device and then install the apps on Android 12 based ROM (stock or custom) rooted or non rooted device.

In fact you can patch the apps on non-rooted device running Android 12+ and install it on your device running LineageOS 12.1

If you are trying to patch the apps on non-rooted device then "MicroG" support patch must be applied and obviously you need "MicroG" installed on your device.

Or exclude "MicroG" support patch if you have included it in your earlier attempts.

Also how about patching the apps on command line (you need windows 8 and above for this to work). You can download pre-build patcher binaries from the site.

For rebuilding the patcher binaries from the source you need to install other support software. Kindly go through the prerequisite software required for building the patcher from the source.

Btw ReVanced Manager app or patcher binaries can also be used to patch reddit and twitter apps.

Thank you.

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
Hello Friends,

Thank you 🙂

Thanks for your contribution, TinySoul. I understand that the original had quite the following, so it's good to see someone passing the torch. For the sake of keeping the board organized, would you be willing to start a dedicated thread for your project, and then link it here?

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hi all. 🙂

I have been following the ReVanced project since shortly after it started.
It is a big and still a young project so, there are some glitches and issues. 🙃
- Some patches might not work or cause issues.

I had some issues with the ReVanced Managers between v0.0.19 and v.0.0.26.
YT and YT Music force close after patching with manager 22, 23, 24 and 25.​

ReVanced does not currently support split-apks.
v.0.0.19 was the last able to patch split-apk YT​

The ReVanced Manager will not work on arm (armv7a) devices.
You can patch arm files on an arm64 (armv8a) device.​

I am still working on updating a Magisk module project that I started a few years ago but, never announced.
Vanced asked that no one release an unofficial module once they created an official module.
Since the official module was dead, I asked for permission to release a new module.
A few years ago, due to changes in Android.
I was looking for an easier way to use the root 'Vanced' version of YouTube on my device(s).
Instead of manually replacing and setting permissions, I tested an idea (on a lot of devices and Android versions) to overlay the modified version over the stock installed version.
The Vanced team adopted the idea into their Manager root install. 🙂
- ReVanced does the same.

---

The YT, YT Music patches that work for me using ReVanced Manager v.0.0.26.
- YouTube
  • Client Spoof
    Spoofs the YouTube or Vanced client to prevent playback issues.​
  • Disable Auto Captions
    Disable forced captions from being automatically enabled.​
  • Disable Auto Player Popup Panels
    Disable automatic popup panels (playlist or live chat) on video player.​
  • Disable Fullscreen Panels
    Disables video description and comments panel in fullscreen view.​
  • General Ads
    Removes general ads.​
  • Hide Infocard Suggestions
    Hides infocards in videos.​
  • Hide Watermark
    Hides creator's watermarks on videos.​
  • Minimized Playback
    Enables minimized and background playback.​
  • Remember Video Quality
    Adds the ability to remember the video quality you chose in the video quality flyout.​
  • Return Youtube Dislike
    Shows the dislike count of videos using the Return YouTube Dislike API.​
  • Sponsorblock
    Integrate SponsorBlock.​
  • Video Ads
    Removes ads in the video player.​
- YouTube Music
  • Background Play
    Enables playing music in the background.​
  • Codecs Unlocked
    Adds more audio codec options. The new audio codecs usually result in better audio quality.​
  • Exclusive Audio Playback
    Enables the option to play music without video.​
  • Hide Get Premium
    Removes all "Get Premium" evidences from the avatar menu.​
  • Minimized Playback Music
    Enablers minimized playback on Kids music.​
  • Music Video Ads
    Removes ads in the music player.​
  • Upgrade Button Remover
    Removes the upgrade tab from the pivot bar.​

Base stock versions from APKMirror.
YouTube (full APK) v17.36.37 (arm and arm64).
- APKMirror - [WebSite] - Link

YouTube Music v5.23.50 (arm)

YouTube Music v5.23.50 (arm64)

Cheers all. :cowboy:

PS.
Once finish cleaning up iYT, I will start a Magisk Module thread for it. 🙃
Archived original iYTv. - [GitHub] - Link

WIP updated iYT. - [GitHub] - Link
WIP iYTm. - [GitHub] - Link

Edit: (12.OCT.2022)
Fix list of YT patches I use (accidentally posted the YTM patches I use instead of YT patches).
Clean up a bit since posts have been moved into a new thread.

Edit: (03.NOV.2022)
[MODULE] Inject YouTube - [xdaThread] - Link

Last edited:

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Thanks for your contribution, TinySoul. I understand that the original had quite the following, so it's good to see someone passing the torch. For the sake of keeping the board organized, would you be willing to start a dedicated thread for your project, and then link it here?
<SNIP>

It would be nice if someone would create a general discussion thread for ReVanced.
@TinySoul
Would you be willing to start a discussion thread for ReVanced?
Title: [Discussion] ReVanced - (Add something of a descriptor).​

Then we can move the last few posts into the discussion thread. 😉

Cheers all. :cowboy:[/INDENT]

Last edited:
Reactions: TinySoul

TinySoul

Feb 18, 2016
Thank you for the opportunity but I am sorry to respectfully decline it.

I do not have enough technical know-how of Android OS. And I know even less when it comes to rooted devices.

Do we really need another dedicated thread when the developers themselves are running/maintaining dedicated threads on GitHub and five social media apps ?

Those who know Russian for them there is a big thread on Russian 4pda site.

Be it any app any platform, if the developers have made themselves accessible/approachable to public, then it is always better to approach them directly.

Just a couple of days ago I came to know that this ReVanced Manager can also be used to patch Reddit and Twitter apps.

Maintaining a dedicated thread means one will have to answers queries on those two apps too. And my problem is other than YouTube I am not present on any other social media site(never fallen for any social media sites or apps right from the start) so there is no question of using their dedicated apps. On few occasions I have browsed reddit and twitter sites as an unregistered user.

It will not be fair on my part to own a dedicated thread and then not answering the queries related to other apps.

I hope you understand.

Thank you 🙏

Reactions: ekksman

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure

Do we really need another dedicated thread when the developers themselves are running/maintaining dedicated threads on GitHub and five social media apps ?

Ostensibly, we do. If we're posting about it on XDA Developers, then we're no longer in the realm of social networking. The entire goal of an online discussion board is to present conversations in a more organized way than a social network could. Hijacking a thread about an existing project isn't the best plan of attack, especially when so many have questions and comments about it. I'll have to think it over some more, but I don't see any problem with you not supporting it in its own thread, even if your post is the first one.

Reactions: ipdev and TinySoul

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Ostensibly, we do. If we're posting about it on XDA Developers, then we're no longer in the realm of social networking. The entire goal of an online discussion board is to present conversations in a more organized way than a social network could. Hijacking a thread about an existing project isn't the best plan of attack, especially when so many have questions and comments about it. I'll have to think it over some more, but I don't see any problem with you not supporting it in its own thread, even if your post is the first one.
Well then , that sounds li8ke a job anyone do, even a moderator:sneaky:, to move all the OT discussion into its own thread.(y)

TinySoul

Feb 18, 2016
You are quite right about the social networking part and I was bit wrong here. I didn't gave much thought on unregulated and unorganized (content) aspect of social networking sites/apps. YouTube, Twitter, Telegram etc. are not really well moderated but what about dedicated channels on Discord or Reddit(though it's quite similar to Quora) and perhaps GitHub could be more technical to many.

I understand that Vanced app is discontinued and ReVanced is really a new project so you see a need to have a separate thread about it.

But one of the main reason for my hesitation is this content regulation and moderation aspect of it. If I am owning a thread then am I not responsible for keeping the thread clean and ensuring it has relevant contents only?

Second reason is about active participation and contribution to the thread. Are you and others are really fine with the the owner of the thread himself being inactive for long duration and hardly having any real contribution other than few initial posts? If yes then I too am fine owning a thread.

Else you can simply create a new thread and move all posts related to ReVanced app there. You have my full consent (in case that it stopping you) and I am not even looking for any credit whatsoever for my posts on ReVanced app up till now.

I will keep on posting on that thread as per the need basis or if I have some solution for someone's query. How frequently this will happen I really cannot say.

Thank You.

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
But one of the main reason for my hesitation is this content regulation and moderation aspect of it. If I am owning a thread then am I not responsible for keeping the thread clean and ensuring it has relevant contents only?...

Even as the first poster in the thread, not only are you not expected to moderate or regulate, you also do not have the ability to do so. That responsibility lies solely at the feet of the moderation team.

Second reason is about active participation and contribution to the thread. Are you and others are really fine with the the owner of the thread himself being inactive for long duration and hardly having any real contribution other than few initial posts? If yes then I too am fine owning a thread.

That's not a problem at all. Once the actual developer steps up and puts together a formal app/support thread for it, there's nothing wrong with linking it here.

Well then , that sounds li8ke a job anyone do, even a moderator:sneaky:, to move all the OT discussion into its own thread.(y)

😉 Your wish is now reality. ReVanced users rejoice!

machikaa

Jan 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

- I somehow got ReVanced working on my PocoF1 using an A13 custom ROM without root.
- YOU CAN GIVE IT A TRY TOO.

- Not just on my phone with a custom rom installed, but it also worked on a phone with a stock rom without root.

I wont go much in-depth about it as I dont have that much knowledge about why & how it happened.

I was facing the same issue that some users above are reporting, that app is crashing just on opening after building, installing it.

I too tried several times, then gave up and thought to go back to Vanced.

Solution which worked for me:

Install "Youtube Vanced" from vanced manager first, then try patching the recommended specific version(17.36.37) of "Google Youtube" apk from Revanced manager, then it works.

After that, I uninstalled youtube vanced and google youtube and vanced manager, and still the Revanced Youtube was working fine.

I'm curious to know why and how this workaround worked. If anyone gets the clue behind this, please do share.

Thank you.

alfaholic

May 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

This V2 app shows adds from time to time, this never happened with the original Vanced. Is this a bug and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks...

luiwii

Jan 1, 2014
Valencia
could you inject revanced youtube root version in system app somehow, Being already patched, It worked well for me following the instructions the root version in pocophone f1 android 13

Top Liked Posts

If you are updating using Magisk then can you tell whether the update preserves offline(videos downloaded using YouTube download button) downloaded videos?
    I actually never use Download feature

I tried now, but it asked me for 3 months trial - I opted to Skip and it didn't download (screenshot)
    Thanks for replying 🙏

Try downloading another video. The video you tried to download might be available as a part of premium subscription.

I do not have any subscription nor I have ever joined any trial period.

My phone is not rooted. It's running Android 11 and I use non-rooted YouTube ReVanced v17.45.36.

Non-Rooted ReVanced is preserving data between updates. But then I am building it on my own using Termux and Revanced Builder directly on my phone.
    I tried various, always the same

If you give me the link to one video that does not request Premium Trial for you, I could test one more time
    Please try this link.
    https://youtu.be/-h9f4EM8eHE

And Thank for your efforts 🙂
    Again 3 months trial. That's it, apparently not supported
    What is the way of updating revanced?
    Is it always needed to completely remove the previous version of revanced?

For some reason, updates do not work for me.

How are you doing this?
    I use Revanced.IO (root), Magisk module is daily updated, I just click to Update the module and reboot, voila
    Official repos not forks.
    And yes, official repos are not forks.
    Included that note mostly for others (the young ones). ;)

I'm an old man having trouble with that new thing called internet...😉
    From one old man to another. :whistle:

Cheers. :cowboy:
    I'm looking for a version that is able to share a video at a particular timestamp.
    I remember this feature in the Vanced builds (it was inside the player window).
    There's no patch to activate it and also the revanced.io APK hasn't it.
    Someone who has seen that feature?
    If not I will create a request on GitHub.
    Revanced extended ver 17.45.36
    (Patches 2.111.4...
    Also available on previous version patches)
    Sorry for my ignorance
    I'm curious - looking at the ReVanced GitHub site, com.google.android.youtube patches are mostly targeted for the YT v17.43.36

Correspondingly, ReVanced.io modules (daily updates) also install and patch YT v17.43.36

However, YT v17.44.34 is out on the Playstore since Nov 3 - is there a reason why root ReVanced stays on the previous YT v17.43.36?

Moreover, on the few other sites, there are ReVanced YT Magisk modules built for the newer YT versions, like:

v17.45.34 (beta)

v17.44.34
    I think everybody should stop using revanced.io to install revanced.
    As we well know here in the XDA community the more important thing to the reliability of an app is the source of it. As far as I know, this website is not from the official devs of revanced.
    You can get the links to all their socials on their github here.
    What I see in this thread reminds me of the vanced thread after the end of the project and people were downloading it from shady sources resulting in strange and potentially dangerous processes running on their phones.
    Maybe I am wrong and this website is not fishy but especially with the root version of the app and magisk modules I strongly suggest to be extra cautious.
    Just to bring all informations together:
    This is the GitHub of j-hc, the dev of the apks or magisk modules that are available on ReVanced.io (and of course the same ones on his GitHub):
    https://github.com/j-hc/revanced-magisk-module
    There's also a link to a telegram group.
    As far as I can see he is also the developer of the mindetach module to detach YT or YTM from playstore.

For me it looks like a fork of ReVanced and a way to build it from source with updates to the magisk module on a almost daily base.
    Everyone should form his opinion by him/herself.

Btw, anyone ideas about this issue?
    Any way to stream to Chromecast with the non-root version (17. 43.36)?
    Vanced team always said that it's microg to blame. Seems to be the same with Revanced? Or is there a way to fix it by patching?
    Streaming with a rooted device with j-hc magisk module works flawlessly,my non rooted device with apk from the same source and latest microg doesn't find Chromecast.
    Workaround for the moment is to send the YouTube URL to Web Vdeo Caster app but that's not very convenient.
    Hello Friends,

Thank you 🙂

Added 12-Oct-2022
    Link to the Project page on GitHub (Organized by ipdev)

Added 17-Oct-2022
    ReVanced Builder - An alternative to ReVanced Manager
    ReVanced.io - Download fully patched YouTube Revanced app
    ReVanced.io - Download fully patched YouTube Revanced app.

Both root and non-root versions available for download. The root versions are available in the form Magisk modules.

The patched versions are created using ReVanced-Builder app.
    The site also has nice explanation for the various patches applied.

Note: The official ReVanced site is still on YouTube version 17.36.37, but this site has fully patched latest YouTube version (17.40.40)

Thank You :)
    Hi all. 🙂

I have been following the ReVanced project since shortly after it started.
    It is a big and still a young project so, there are some glitches and issues. 🙃
    - Some patches might not work or cause issues.

I had some issues with the ReVanced Managers between v0.0.19 and v.0.0.26.
    YT and YT Music force close after patching with manager 22, 23, 24 and 25.​

ReVanced does not currently support split-apks.
    v.0.0.19 was the last able to patch split-apk YT​

The ReVanced Manager will not work on arm (armv7a) devices.
    You can patch arm files on an arm64 (armv8a) device.​

I am still working on updating a Magisk module project that I started a few years ago but, never announced.
    Vanced asked that no one release an unofficial module once they created an official module.
    Since the official module was dead, I asked for permission to release a new module.
    A few years ago, due to changes in Android.
    I was looking for an easier way to use the root 'Vanced' version of YouTube on my device(s).
    Instead of manually replacing and setting permissions, I tested an idea (on a lot of devices and Android versions) to overlay the modified version over the stock installed version.
    The Vanced team adopted the idea into their Manager root install. 🙂
    - ReVanced does the same.

---

The YT, YT Music patches that work for me using ReVanced Manager v.0.0.26.
    - YouTube
    • Client Spoof
      Spoofs the YouTube or Vanced client to prevent playback issues.​
    • Disable Auto Captions
      Disable forced captions from being automatically enabled.​
    • Disable Auto Player Popup Panels
      Disable automatic popup panels (playlist or live chat) on video player.​
    • Disable Fullscreen Panels
      Disables video description and comments panel in fullscreen view.​
    • General Ads
      Removes general ads.​
    • Hide Infocard Suggestions
      Hides infocards in videos.​
    • Hide Watermark
      Hides creator's watermarks on videos.​
    • Minimized Playback
      Enables minimized and background playback.​
    • Remember Video Quality
      Adds the ability to remember the video quality you chose in the video quality flyout.​
    • Return Youtube Dislike
      Shows the dislike count of videos using the Return YouTube Dislike API.​
    • Sponsorblock
      Integrate SponsorBlock.​
    • Video Ads
      Removes ads in the video player.​
    - YouTube Music
    • Background Play
      Enables playing music in the background.​
    • Codecs Unlocked
      Adds more audio codec options. The new audio codecs usually result in better audio quality.​
    • Exclusive Audio Playback
      Enables the option to play music without video.​
    • Hide Get Premium
      Removes all "Get Premium" evidences from the avatar menu.​
    • Minimized Playback Music
      Enablers minimized playback on Kids music.​
    • Music Video Ads
      Removes ads in the music player.​
    • Upgrade Button Remover
      Removes the upgrade tab from the pivot bar.​

Base stock versions from APKMirror.
    YouTube (full APK) v17.36.37 (arm and arm64).

YouTube Music v5.23.50 (arm)

YouTube Music v5.23.50 (arm64)

Cheers all. :cowboy:

PS.
    Once finish cleaning up iYT, I will start a Magisk Module thread for it. 🙃
    Archived original iYTv. - [GitHub] - Link

WIP updated iYT. - [GitHub] - Link
    WIP iYTm. - [GitHub] - Link

Edit: (12.OCT.2022)
    Fix list of YT patches I use (accidentally posted the YTM patches I use instead of YT patches).
    Clean up a bit since posts have been moved into a new thread.

Edit: (03.NOV.2022)
    [MODULE] Inject YouTube - [xdaThread] - Link
    ReVanced
    Continuing the legacy of Vanced

• ReVanced Main project.
    • ReVanced Manager Releases.
    • List of ReVanced patches.

Credits:
    The ReVanced team.
    All who contribute and support this project.
    But one of the main reason for my hesitation is this content regulation and moderation aspect of it. If I am owning a thread then am I not responsible for keeping the thread clean and ensuring it has relevant contents only?...

Even as the first poster in the thread, not only are you not expected to moderate or regulate, you also do not have the ability to do so. That responsibility lies solely at the feet of the moderation team.

That's not a problem at all. Once the actual developer steps up and puts together a formal app/support thread for it, there's nothing wrong with linking it here.

😉 Your wish is now reality. ReVanced users rejoice!