[APP] Download Buddy New Download App on the Market

Search This thread

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
The new App is called Download Buddy. The app should support any android device 1.6 and above. This app is a combination of 2 different services. The first service will allow you to download any email attachment to your phone whether it is supported or not. It will save the file using the original file name and to the directory of your choice. It has support for using rd party browsers for picking the directory or manually typing it. The second service allows you to download any file type using a link in a email or message or from the web browser, again this will allow you to download the file anywhere you want not just the default folder android normally forces you to. It also comes with a download manager similar to the one the web browser currently uses. Both services will save your last chosen directory as the default to save to until you decide to change it. Both services also include an option to automatically launch and or open the file after downloading it.

14mth7q.jpg
6ehwzo.jpg

10shpn4.jpg
dot6ds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
Yes it does bypass the file restrictions. If you do happen to come along a file it does not just let me know and ill fix it

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
That i am not sure of. there are so many out there to try to test on. But technically it should since other browsers are able to catch links. If you find a browser it does not work on let me know and i will see if its possible to add support.

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
Does this work with any browser?

From testing this does work with the Default Browser, the Dolphin Browser, & the Skyfire Browser. It does not work with Opera or xScope because they dont use intents for downloading so unfortunately there is no way to make them work unless you speak to those devs to offer an option like to open link in another browser or something similar.

kalel90

Aug 26, 2010
This works quite well. Just please change the extremely ugly logo text to droid sans and black or something normalish. Also no italics lol.

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
Looks nice, but what is the advantage of this comparing the downloads directly to your diwnload folder? Why should I pay money for something which is working well already on my phone? Please understand I ask this serioysly, I am not flaming your work here...

Sent from my X10i

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
Looks nice, but what is the advantage of this comparing the downloads directly to your diwnload folder? Why should I pay money for something which is working well already on my phone? Please understand I ask this serioysly, I am not flaming your work here...

Sent from my X10i

There are quite a few advantages.

1) You can download any format file not just the ones that you have pre-installed viewers for. So its a Download Crutch.

2) You can choose any directory to download into not just your download directory.

3) It gives you the option to auto launch the download after it is complete.

4) It gives you the option to download files android would normally try to open in the browser as a text file.

5) It is not just for the browser, It allows you to download any email attachment as well.

geronimogman

Jul 8, 2010
Houston
first of all let me sa u saved me! all i do is download movies while im n class n watch them later..I just rooted and installed ssx on my DX and this function stopped working. so hey whats 99cents n this solved it man,...but the only thing is that it does not work with my dolphin browser? any ideas y not? but it seems to only be functional w my default browser..any input?

debaucher

Aug 25, 2010
I purchased this app when it first came out and here is my biggest gripe I have:

Even when I visit a web link (a link that goes to a page... not a download) I get a popup asking if I want to use the browser or the app.
If I choose the browser (so that this pop up does not happen everytime I click a link) I no longer get an option to use the Downloadbuddy app. when I actually click a download link.

I then have to reset my browser preferences so that I get asked EVERY time I click on a web page link wether I want to use browser or download buddy.

VERY annoying as I have to touch my screen 2-3 times for every page I open (touch link, choose browser, page opens then choose browser again..... rinse repeat consider uninstalling app but remember that I paid for it so it should work)

If you could fix the app so that it actually only works for DOWNLOAD links, this app would rule.

Just a paying customers 0.00002¢

D.

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
first of all let me sa u saved me! all i do is download movies while im n class n watch them later..I just rooted and installed ssx on my DX and this function stopped working. so hey whats 99cents n this solved it man,...but the only thing is that it does not work with my dolphin browser? any ideas y not? but it seems to only be functional w my default browser..any input?

Which Dolphin browser are you using? I've tested on dolphin HD with no issues. Do u have an example link I can test with? And thanks I'm glad its helping you out.

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
I purchased this app when it first came out and here is my biggest gripe I have:

Even when I visit a web link (a link that goes to a page... not a download) I get a popup asking if I want to use the browser or the app.
If I choose the browser (so that this pop up does not happen everytime I click a link) I no longer get an option to use the Downloadbuddy app. when I actually click a download link.

I then have to reset my browser preferences so that I get asked EVERY time I click on a web page link wether I want to use browser or download buddy.

VERY annoying as I have to touch my screen 2-3 times for every page I open (touch link, choose browser, page opens then choose browser again..... rinse repeat consider uninstalling app but remember that I paid for it so it should work)

If you could fix the app so that it actually only works for DOWNLOAD links, this app would rule.

Just a paying customers 0.00002¢

D.

Sorry for that issue. It should have been fixed in the last update. If its still happening please provide me example links that are doing it and ill fix it right up.