• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Download New Android Market APK Here [Jul12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kookysan

Dec 11, 2007
Bangalore
Thanks for this APK ! Seems to work fine on my Desire CM7 latest nightly.

Pretty good first impression !

I seem to have an issue here - one of my installed apps has an update in the market.. but I don't find a button to update.. only the uninstall button! :confused:

Anyone else face something similar? Have attached screenshots of the same.

Am on Desire with the latest CM7 nightly.

Attachments

• screenshot-1310545968600.jpg
    screenshot-1310545968600.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 312
  • screenshot-1310545977409.jpg
    screenshot-1310545977409.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 328

maxjk

Oct 18, 2010
I seem to have an issue here - one of my installed apps has an update in the market.. but I don't find a button to update.. only the uninstall button! :confused:

I had the same, but am seeing it now. Also with Simple Calendar Widget. Maybe try again?

McFroger3

Nov 10, 2009
Winthrop

Its probably wrong is all, I purposely installed an old Facebook apk and it allowed me to update it perfectly.

Although I have not tried to rent anything, I have discovered that the movies section disappears when I change the lcd density. I have it at the wonderful 167 density and it looks horrible and the movies disappear, even from searches, but when I set it to the stock 240, the which imho, looks horrible, the section comes back, and can be searched. I am using Hyperdroid CM7 2.1.0. I hope I helped and I also hope someone can help to get the market fixed (I refuse to change lcd density). Btw, compatibility mode did not make a difference, so I have it unchecked. I am more than willing to help in any way, but unfortunately, I am not an expert like some of the other users here, I am not a noob though! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: adam2010

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010
I had the same, but am seeing it now. Also with Simple Calendar Widget. Maybe try again?

So far I haven't had any issues. Is the app downloaded from market or was installed via sdcard? If you see in my pics I have an update and there was a blue button for updating. Uninstall your app and install it again. May be the issue is from Market side!!!

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010
Although I have not tried to rent anything, I have discovered that the movies section disappears when I change the lcd density. I have it at the wonderful 167 density and it looks horrible and the movies disappear, even from searches, but when I set it to the stock 240, the which imho, looks horrible, the section comes back, and can be searched. I am using Hyperdroid CM7 2.1.0. I hope I helped and I also hope someone can help to get the market fixed (I refuse to change lcd density). Btw, compatibility mode did not make a difference, so I have it unchecked. I am more than willing to help in any way, but unfortunately, I am not an expert like some of the other users here, I am not a noob though! :)

Thanks for noticing, we should give Google a little bit of credit since this is their first release. I don't how you changed your lcd density. The apk was just became available so hopefully me or someone else find a way to fix the issue.

As there is no modification on this apk so far, I am pretty sure these are APk bugs.

Reactions: islamicwarrior27
Thanks for noticing, we should give Google a little bit of credit since this is their first release. I don't how you changed your lcd density. The apk was just became available so hopefully me or someone else find a way to fix the issue.

As there is no modification on this apk so far, I am pretty sure these are APk bugs.

I changed the lcd density through the build.prop.

I look forward to a fix.

Once again, I am more than willing to help in ANY way. If I can help a fellow (wo)man, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Instructions

I recommend a full backup or at least backup Vending.apk via root explorer, adb or any other methods you know.

UNZIP the file first!!!

I made a backup,however, I easily put the file in sdcard and installed via astro (use whatever install app you have)

Note: I rented a movie but I cant watch it--perhaps the work around could be found later (I have rooted Nexus one with Miui 1.7.8)

Mention what device you have and if it worked.

****Work around for watching rented movies, credit goes to "ogdobber"*******************
    Link to the post --->http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15620050&postcount=175

you can rent the movie with a rooted device...you just can't watch it (but you can with this trick)

open terminal on phone
    Code:

su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    mv /system/bin/su system/bin/mu

close terminal and you will be able to watch rented movies on your rooted device

to revert open terminal
    Code:

mu
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    mv /system/bin/mu /system/bin/su

google movie looks for su by name, easy work around because naming it to mu you still have suid, but rooted apps (as well as google movie) are looking for su "name" as well..with the terminal you can tell it suid is mu
    gsript doesn't work on this because it too looks for su on the revert
    you can copy the code to a notepad and paste it in terminal so you don't have to type every time
    *****************************************************************************

Don't forget the "Thanks Button" and "Facebook Like" :)
    Cheers!

Download

Click on LINK

Thanks works great! Epic 4G

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Thanks works great! Epic 4G

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You are very welcome
    Awesome! works great on G2 :D
    Works good on my g2x

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App