[APP] Download New Android Market APK Here [Jul12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adam2010

Jun 6, 2010
attachment.php

Instructions

I recommend a full backup or at least backup Vending.apk via root explorer, adb or any other methods you know.

UNZIP the file first!!!

I made a backup,however, I easily put the file in sdcard and installed via astro (use whatever install app you have)

Note: I rented a movie but I cant watch it--perhaps the work around could be found later (I have rooted Nexus one with Miui 1.7.8)

Mention what device you have and if it worked.

****Work around for watching rented movies, credit goes to "ogdobber"*******************
Link to the post --->http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15620050&postcount=175

you can rent the movie with a rooted device...you just can't watch it (but you can with this trick)

open terminal on phone
Code:

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
mv /system/bin/su system/bin/mu

close terminal and you will be able to watch rented movies on your rooted device

to revert open terminal
Code:

mu
mv /system/bin/mu /system/bin/su

google movie looks for su by name, easy work around because naming it to mu you still have suid, but rooted apps (as well as google movie) are looking for su "name" as well..with the terminal you can tell it suid is mu
gsript doesn't work on this because it too looks for su on the revert
you can copy the code to a notepad and paste it in terminal so you don't have to type every time

Don't forget the "Thanks Button" and "Facebook Like" :)
Cheers!

Download

Click on LINK

Attachments

• new_market.jpg
    new_market.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10,951
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Instructions

I recommend a full backup or at least backup Vending.apk via root explorer, adb or any other methods you know.

UNZIP the file first!!!

I made a backup,however, I easily put the file in sdcard and installed via astro (use whatever install app you have)

Note: I rented a movie but I cant watch it--perhaps the work around could be found later (I have rooted Nexus one with Miui 1.7.8)

Mention what device you have and if it worked.

****Work around for watching rented movies, credit goes to "ogdobber"*******************
    Link to the post --->http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15620050&postcount=175

you can rent the movie with a rooted device...you just can't watch it (but you can with this trick)

open terminal on phone
    Code:

su
    mv /system/bin/su system/bin/mu

close terminal and you will be able to watch rented movies on your rooted device

to revert open terminal
    Code:

mu
    mv /system/bin/mu /system/bin/su

google movie looks for su by name, easy work around because naming it to mu you still have suid, but rooted apps (as well as google movie) are looking for su "name" as well..with the terminal you can tell it suid is mu
    gsript doesn't work on this because it too looks for su on the revert
    you can copy the code to a notepad and paste it in terminal so you don't have to type every time
    *****************************************************************************

Don't forget the "Thanks Button" and "Facebook Like" :)
    Cheers!

Download

Click on LINK

Thanks works great! Epic 4G

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Thanks works great! Epic 4G

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You are very welcome
    Awesome! works great on G2 :D
    Works good on my g2x

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App