[App] Download T-Mobile Wifi-Calling App from G2 here !

Search This thread

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
Everyone's been asking about it. Everyone wants it. Here it is, the wifi calling app from the G2! I've installed and runs perfectly fine on my vibrant running JP3 froyo 2.2. My home network is weak so i can't really test yet. Kudos to @Official_Drizzy for the .apk
Install with your preferred method of install, I used astro just fine, or push it to /system/app via adb. Whatever floats your boat.

enjoy :D

Attachments

• WiFiCalling.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 37,514
Last edited:
Reactions: dohtem

joshuapurcell

May 11, 2007
Seattle
Doesn't look like it works at the moment... the app gets to the point where it says 'Enabling...' and doesn't do anything after that. It never goes unresponsive though. I'll keep messing around and see what happens.

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
It is being discussed in another thread... But it won't work yet with the vibrant. Something to do with the kernal.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

jzero88

Feb 1, 2010
Orange County
Would love to get this thing working. Once it is, would it be possible to call using 3G instead of WIFI? Haven't they done it on Skype.

I wouldn't also mind having Skype work for my Vibrant either :)

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
Would love to get this thing working. Once it is, would it be possible to call using 3G instead of WIFI? Haven't they done it on Skype.

I wouldn't also mind having Skype work for my Vibrant either :)

The Wifi calling app is merely using your Wifi as a poor-man's femtocell to allow you to have clear voice calls if your in areas where decent voice signal isn't available and Wifi is. Granted, this would also have significant benefits when roaming or traveling where Wifi is available too...

But....

This uses the minutes allocated in your service plan.... So being hacked to run on 3g would be pointless...

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
doesn't seem mines is having an connectivity issues YET. It says i'm connected to my home network but that i can't use wifi-calling because the network is too weak.

j0hnZ

Nov 10, 2009
Seattle
I would just like to be able to use the phone in my apartment where I don't have service. To have to put it on a Froyo that doesn't work completely is out of the question though. Hopefully, someone smarter than me can get it working on JI6.

techpreneur

Jul 19, 2010
Just loaded Froyo, it doesn't seem to be working. Just says enabling....

EDIT: Maybe it does work. When I turn it on my signal goes from 1 bar to 5 bars.

Figures, it works perfect downstairs with wifi off and with wifi on. Its hard to tell if wifi calling is working or not because tmobile did fix my signal a little last week.

Last edited:

speoples20

Jun 10, 2007
Just loaded Froyo, it doesn't seem to be working. Just says enabling....

EDIT: Maybe it does work. When I turn it on my signal goes from 1 bar to 5 bars.

It wouldn't matter what your cell signal is. Its not using the cell signal its using the wifi.

Doesn't work on Frank Wiz.

techpreneur

Jul 19, 2010
It wouldn't matter what your cell signal is. Its not using the cell signal its using the wifi.

Doesn't work on Frank Wiz.

Well it might, because thats how it worked on the Blackberry. It switched to UMA and had full bars.

Honestly when I turn it off it goes to 0 - 1 bars the second i turn it on I get 5 bars.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everyone's been asking about it. Everyone wants it. Here it is, the wifi calling app from the G2! I've installed and runs perfectly fine on my vibrant running JP3 froyo 2.2. My home network is weak so i can't really test yet. Kudos to @Official_Drizzy for the .apk
    Install with your preferred method of install, I used astro just fine, or push it to /system/app via adb. Whatever floats your boat.

enjoy :D
    I wonder if this would work on Bionix 1.8? I don't mind testing, but if anyone knows the answer...

just install it, it won't hurt to try. If it doesn't, then remove it.
    Have you had any success with this app on the Samsung Vibrant?

I have. I just returned from a 2 week stay in Japan and used it often to send text's and place/receive calls. However, it is a little picky and can sometimes not work, or at least consistently. In that regard, it will not be nearly as fluid or reliable as the UMA on the BB.

will work on a nokia N97 it runs the Symbian OS?

No, Android Apps do not run natively within Symbian OS.
    vibrant wifi app

when i tried installing it, it fc everytime, this one works just fine, credit to pepperkake, i just took it from their rom. thanks fellas

if i helped please press the thank you, if there's an issue, just pm or post
    working Wifi Calling app

this app work
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone