[APP] [DSP Manager] [Jelly Bean 4.3] [All Roms] [Updated]

Search This thread

Venomenon

Nov 14, 2010
This has been a past issue when it comes to HTC.
Your Rom must be a pure Vanilla AOSP.
Lib files in system>libs>soundfx folder has to be deleted. You can disable or unistall the other sound fx you got in your rom.

Check this out : http://android.appstorm.net/how-to/music/install-and-configure-dsp-manager-on-any-rom/

And if you want to revert back you can simply dirty flash your rom.

That actually did work. I managed to get the DSP manager to work. But it was v1.0 and sounded 'flat' like the equalizer in PowerAmp. But it worked! So I tried to get OPs DSP to run which resulted in no sound... Systemwide...
I flashed the ROM again to get basic sound because the alarm clock needs to wake me up in the morning. ;)
Thanks for putting me in the right direction!

Sent from my HTC One

yyz71

Mar 27, 2011
Somewhere in Canada ;)
For anybody using Poweramp this is how I got it to work.
Press the Eq/tone it will take you to volume Eq,Long press on music that will take you
to dsp manager from there adjust your settings Poweramp has allowed 3rd Eq.
See pics.

Attachments

• DFG_2013-08-05-22-23-42.jpg
    DFG_2013-08-05-22-23-42.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 295
  • DFG_2013-08-05-22-24-02.jpg
    DFG_2013-08-05-22-24-02.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 298
  • DFG_2013-08-05-22-24-12.jpg
    DFG_2013-08-05-22-24-12.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Reactions: ElliSkyline

chiikko561

May 27, 2010
WEST PALM BEACH
Thank you I needed this so bad... It's the cherry on top of my paranoid 4.3 pie... My phone audio is way better and my Motorola s10-hd Bluetooth headphones... Uhhhhhhh EARGASM...

Sent 4rm my Paranoid Nexus 4.3 LTE...

Reactions: ElliSkyline

ElliSkyline

May 8, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
OP, do you see any reason why this wouldn't work with my Nexus 7 (2013) with stock de-odexed 4.3?

Have you tried to flash it?
I don't got a Nexus 7 to test it out but i can't see any reason of why it shouldn't work.
You can try to manually push the files in the zip into system and see what happens.

Anyone got a Nexus 7 2013 to test this out? Much appreciated in advanced :)

Last edited:

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I'd like to test it but I have a flight tomorrow at 10AM and I need my tablet fully functional. Anyone else willing to give this a shot?

If not I'll be back in town on Sunday and can try it out then.

Last edited:

ElliSkyline

May 8, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
I'd like to test it but I have a flight tomorrow at 10AM and I need my tablet fully functional. Anyone else willing to give this a shot?

If not I'll be back in town on Sunday and can try it out then.

Well if your firmware is JSS base it shouldn't have issues.
The only thing the flashable zip does is it adds lib files in your system folder for the DSP apk to run correctly.

Reactions: sn0warmy

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Well if your firmware is JSS base it shouldn't have issues.
The only thing the flashable zip does is it adds lib files in your system folder for the DSP apk to run correctly.

Screw it. Downloading it now...

EDIT: Flashed it and it works perfectly!! It replaced my MusicFX.apk just like it should and no issues adjusting settings in the DSP app. I tested a song with Spotify and can confirm that all EQ adjustments are sticking. I finally have bass again! :D

Last edited:

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Haha :silly:
I'm glad I can help you out. I'm a DJ and I don't know what I'll do without a good bass pumping out of my headphones!
I always hated the stock MusicFX!
And now having DSP in 4.3 just makes the experience a lot better !!

Agreed!

You should posts this in the Themes & Apps section of the Nexus 7 (2013) forum. I know there are many others over there looking for a working DSP Manager.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Venomenon

Nov 14, 2010
Got it working on the HTC One on ARGE 3.0. Manually copied the apk, libs and vendor/etc/audo_effects.conf to their respective destinations, selected DSP manager in sound settings and that's it. Well you probably need to reboot in between.
Settings for PowerAmp: Direct Volume Control OFF / MusicFX ON and don't forget to select MusicFX in the Tone/Vol section. Hope that helps.

Oh and sorry for hijacking this thread. I just saw that this is the Nexus4 forum.
Thanks for porting DSP to 4.3 and making music sound awesome again! Highly appreciated. :good:

ElliSkyline

May 8, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Oh and sorry for hijacking this thread. I just saw that this is the Nexus4 forum.
Thanks for porting DSP to 4.3 and making music sound awesome again! Highly appreciated. :good:

Your not hijacking at all my friend, thats what xda is for, to help each another :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA Friends,

What I got here is a working DSP Manager for 4.3 Jelly Bean.
    Its a flashable zip that will add the correct files in system folder for the app to work

Note:This Zip Will Delete MusicFX.apk And Replaces It With DSPManager.apk

Confirmed and tested working:
    CM 10.2
    Slimbean 4.3
    ParanoidAndroid
    Stock Roms
    Nexus 4
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus 7
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Galaxy S4
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S2
    It should also work for other 4.3 Roms

Instructions:
    1. Download Attached File http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2173281&stc=1&d=1375933426
    2. Copy Into Your Phones SdCard
    3. Reboot/Boot Into Recovery (CWM/TWRP)
    4. Flash DSP.zip
    5. Wipe Cache, Davik Cache and Fix Permission
    6. Reboot

Changelog:
    Updated Libs to latest CM Source
    DSP Manager v2.0
    Universal Flash

All credits and thanks goes to the Cyanogenmod Team for creating this wonderful app!!
    Great work

Great , DSP work in AOSP JSS15J rom by itlnstln

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2389440

Thanks
    Thanks OP, I miss this one feature when I move to 4.3. I'm using Jelly bro nightly. Works great for me.
    Just loaded this on a stock odexed ROM. Works perfectly! I was waiting for this before I moved to 4.3.

You're the BEST!
    ok thanks but where is locates build.prop.

I found one in the system folder and look for the lines that you commented me, but not found it, I I add the lines, or I'm wrong of build.prop.

thanks for your help and forgives the inconvenience.

Yes the one in system folder.. They should be there, I have an s3 and that's how I was able to get DSP manager to work on 4.3 touchwiz.. Try looking more closely and if still can't find them try adding them manually, maybe it will work

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone