[APP] [DSP Manager] [Jelly Bean 4.3] [All Roms] [Updated]

Search This thread

ElliSkyline

May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hello XDA Friends,

What I got here is a working DSP Manager for 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Its a flashable zip that will add the correct files in system folder for the app to work

Note:This Zip Will Delete MusicFX.apk And Replaces It With DSPManager.apk

Confirmed and tested working:
CM 10.2
Slimbean 4.3
ParanoidAndroid
Stock Roms
Nexus 4
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S3
Galaxy S2
It should also work for other 4.3 Roms

Instructions:
1. Download Attached File http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2173281&stc=1&d=1375933426
2. Copy Into Your Phones SdCard
3. Reboot/Boot Into Recovery (CWM/TWRP)
4. Flash DSP.zip
5. Wipe Cache, Davik Cache and Fix Permission
6. Reboot

Changelog:
Updated Libs to latest CM Source
DSP Manager v2.0
Universal Flash

All credits and thanks goes to the Cyanogenmod Team for creating this wonderful app!!

Last edited:

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville
Thanks for sharing but it didnt seem to bring the bass like it suppose to it sounds the same i messed with the settings also

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
It's working great for me on stock de-odexed. I am able to use the DSP app to adjust equalizer settings, including bass. All my settings are sticking just fine too.

I'm assuming you might need to be on a de-odexed ROM for this to work. Can anyone else confirm?

Last edited:

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville
Im on cm10.2 thats deodexed cause its a custom rom i dont have no bass like i do on my n4 with dsp

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

masfog

Mar 12, 2012
It's working great for me on stock de-odexed. I am able to use the DSP app to adjust equalizer settings, including bass. All my settings are sticking just fine too.

I'm assuming you might need to be on a de-odexed ROM for this to work. Can anyone else confirm?

I guess u have to be on a deodexed. I flashed it on my odexed, its working fine, but without any effect or whatsoever on my sound output

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Just wanted to confirm that this is also working on stock/rooted/odexed JSS15Q (factory image). All sound adjustments are working for me.

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
Great work this.

The only (big !) flaw of the Nexus 7 (2013) is the very mediocre audio quality in my opinion. Very unnatural brassy (in dutch 'blikkerig') and al lot of distortion very quick. Tested on different (from cheap to expensive) headphones, amplifiers and PC speakers with 320kbps MP3, Flac, Avi, Mp4 and Mkv. The difference between my Galaxy S1 and the new Nexus concerning audio quality is almost like the difference between a Rolls Royce and a brick car like the Trawant.

However before adding the on my phone great working good old DSP to my Nex7/2 the next question. It is mentioned earlier in this topic the files of DSP.zip can be copied to the concerning folders on tab in stead of flashing. Is it also possible to delete those DSP-files and copy old files back to restore old situation?

The reason why I ask, is because I rooted my phone without installing custom recovery TWRP (just loaded not flashed it to only flash SuperSu) to keep the original stock-bootloader. So in the future I can still get official OTA-updates. In case of an OTA error due to DSP in system I hope to be able to revert (temporarily) back to situation before adding DSP on Nexus 7 Flo.

Off course best would be if someone knows for sure already what happens with OTA-compatibilty after adding stuff to root folder system/app.

Thanks in advance

Daniel Smedegaard Buus

Jun 21, 2011
Thanks for this :)

Any reason that Dynamic Range Compression is not available for Speaker output? IMHO, this is exactly where it's needed — headphones, one would assume, would be where you want unprocessed audio...

Is there a setting or hack I can apply to make DRC an option for my speaker? (This is why I wanted this — my tablet speaker is horribly underperformant, so I wanted something that'd kick the bejeesus out of it ;) )

MiBB

Dec 27, 2013
S3 sgh 1747m

does the zip work for S3 Sgh 1747m? I tried before but I got a problem with my phone, it was going slowly, so I had to install Illusion 4.2.2 rom and lost my rom stock :9.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA Friends,

What I got here is a working DSP Manager for 4.3 Jelly Bean.
    Its a flashable zip that will add the correct files in system folder for the app to work

Note:This Zip Will Delete MusicFX.apk And Replaces It With DSPManager.apk

Confirmed and tested working:
    CM 10.2
    Slimbean 4.3
    ParanoidAndroid
    Stock Roms
    Nexus 4
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus 7
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Galaxy S4
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S2
    It should also work for other 4.3 Roms

Instructions:
    1. Download Attached File http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2173281&stc=1&d=1375933426
    2. Copy Into Your Phones SdCard
    3. Reboot/Boot Into Recovery (CWM/TWRP)
    4. Flash DSP.zip
    5. Wipe Cache, Davik Cache and Fix Permission
    6. Reboot

Changelog:
    Updated Libs to latest CM Source
    DSP Manager v2.0
    Universal Flash

All credits and thanks goes to the Cyanogenmod Team for creating this wonderful app!!
    I installed this on my stock unlocked rooted Nexus 7 2013 JSS15J and its working fantastic, thank you for this!