[APP] dynamicSpot - iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island for android!

Search This thread

arc300

Sep 23, 2022
20220909_161758.gif

Something like this would've been much nicer

pakino2004

Dec 21, 2010
Gran Canaria South
Xiaomi Poco F3
How many of you are noticing unusual battery drain since installing this app?

My battery stats doesn't show unusual usage for this app. But I'm seeing the battery go down significantly faster than before. I'm using both this app as well as AODnotify from the same developer. I installed both apps at the same time. Not sure which one (or both) is causing battery drain.
I had it with 1.05 from 0% to 3% so I'm back to 1.02 till now. I'm fine with the free version at the moment and I will try the next version when it's not a beta anymore. I don't like to be a beta tester. Don't waste my time 😁 But then maybe I gonna buy it.

I use a amazfit watch for notifications, so it's not that important for me. It's more a gimmick for me at the moment.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
I had it with 1.05 from 0% to 3% so I'm back to 1.02 till now. I'm fine with the free version at the moment and I will try the next version when it's not a beta anymore. I don't like to be a beta tester. Don't waste my time 😁 But then maybe I gonna buy it.

I use a amazfit watch for notifications, so it's not that important for me. It's more a gimmick for me at the moment.
I'm also on v1.05 only. But this version is much improved over the initial builds, so I'll stick with it for now. Let's hope the developer finds the cause and fixes it.

As with gimmick, i would say it is only a matter of preference. The Dynamic Island is an invention of sort in a long time from Apple. It does make the notch much more useful and attractive. This app, in trying to replicate it and improve upon it, is a welcome addition to the phone features.

pakino2004

Dec 21, 2010
Gran Canaria South
Xiaomi Poco F3
@TheMystic
No front. I know that but it's just my personal opinion. I'm fine with my pocof3 with the little hole and the form I get the notifications. The nice thing is to open notifications directly from the mainscreen without open the notificationpanel from the statusbar

Try to use betterbatterystats to figure it out...

Last edited:

Xxxdevilxxx

Jan 1, 2012
@Jawomo
Long time user of all your apps. One of the few apps that I always blindly buy to support (already bought this without testing) :D

The issue that I am facing is that I can see all green ticks for "Select Apps", "Notification Access" & "Draw on screen" plus the testing works flawlessly. However, when a notification does arrive it does absolutely nothing, no pop ups etc. Tested with screen off, screen on, lock screen, home screen etc. but nothing works. Any and all help will be highly appreciated.

P.S: I have aodNotify installed but it is currently disabled both in the "Installed App" section and from the app as well.

I have a Galaxy Z Fold 4 with the following info:
  • One UI 4.1.1
  • Android Version: 12
  • Google PLay System Update: 1st August 2022
  • Kernel: 5.10.81-android 12-9-24709469
  • Build Number: SP2A.220305.013
  • Knox: 3.8
  • Android Security Patch Level: 1st July 2022
Copy of settings for developer is:

{"com.samsung.android.app.reminder_messageApp":true,"com.android.bluetooth_messageApp":true,"prefPopupDouble":true,"prefUniColor":false,"prefIgnoreLocked":false,"com.dynamixsoftware.printershare.amazon_messageApp":true,"eu.kanade.tachiyomi_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.apps.messaging_messageApp":true,"org.telegram.messenger_messageApp":true,"log_10017":true,"pref_cutout_left":418,"com.google.android.apps.docs_messageApp":true,"prefGlowScreen":true,"com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro_messageApp":true,"pl.solidexplorer2_musicApp":true,"prefPopupLockscreen":true,"im.thebot.messenger_messageApp":true,"pref_cutout_top":19,"prefAlwaysOn":true,"com.linkedin.android_messageApp":true,"prefNotifBat":"com.jamworks.dynamicspot.ischarging|com.jamworks.dynamicspot.fullcharging|com.jamworks.dynamicspot.lowbattery","com.samsung.android.messaging_messageApp":true,"android_messageApp":true,"com.sygic.aura_naviApp":true,"pref_cutout_bottom2":87,"prefPopupInterSingle":"1","com.facebook.katana_messageApp":true,"data_pro":true,"com.microsoft.todos_messageApp":true,"us.zoom.videomeetings_naviApp":true,"org.videolan.vlc_musicApp":true,"com.tranzmate_naviApp":true,"com.facebook.orca_messageApp":true,"com.sec.android.app.music_musicApp":true,"pref_cutout_right":486,"com.sec.android.app.sbrowser_messageApp":true,"pref_cutout_res_width":904,"com.scee.psxandroid_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.apps.youtube.music_musicApp":true,"pl.solidexplorer2_messageApp":true,"com.kevinforeman.nzb360_messageApp":true,"prefPopupInterLong":"0","com.ringapp_messageApp":true,"prefProPrice":"$6.49","com.google.android.apps.maps_naviApp":true,"data_battery":true,"com.samsung.android.calendar_messageApp":true,"com.waze_naviApp":true,"com.microsoft.office.onenote_messageApp":true,"prefPopupHideOutside":true,"com.reddit.frontpage_messageApp":true,"org.videolan.vlc_messageApp":true,"seekPopupTimeout":4,"com.whatsapp_messageApp":true,"com.adguard.android_messageApp":true,"com.microsoft.appmanager_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.app.soundpicker_musicApp":true,"seekSpotTimeout":1,"pref_cutout_bottom":87,"data_manager":false,"com.samsung.android.game.gamehome_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.gm_messageApp":true,"com.realbyteapps.moneya_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.galaxycontinuity_messageApp":true,"tut_4":true,"com.pushbullet.android_messageApp":true,"com.Slack_messageApp":true,"com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro_musicApp":true,"org.fivefilters.kindleit_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.app.notes_messageApp":true,"seekGlowEdgeScreen":40,"data_android":32,"data_app":10017,"com.microsoft.office.outlook_messageApp":true,"com.twitter.android_messageApp":true,"com.ubercab_naviApp":true,"com.google.android.gms_messageApp":true,"prefPopupDismiss":true,"com.samsung.android.app.sharelive_messageApp":true,"com.pinterest_messageApp":true,"android_naviApp":true,"com.microsoft.emmx_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.privateshare_messageApp":true,"seekGlowX":0,"seekGlowY":0,"com.azure.authenticator_messageApp":true,"seekGlowSizeX":0,"data_device":"SM-F936B","org.xbmc.kodi_musicApp":true,"seekGlowSizeY":0,"data_samsung_aod":"7.2.84","com.microsoft.android.smsorganizer_messageApp":true,"com.dashlane_messageApp":true,"com.shopback.app_naviApp":true,"com.microsoft.skydrive_messageApp":true,"com.resilio.sync_messageApp":true,"com.maxmpz.audioplayer_musicApp":true,"prefBlockPopup":false,"com.google.android.apps.translate_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.talk_messageApp":true,"com.sec.android.app.clockpackage_timerApp":true,"com.adobe.reader_messageApp":true,"pref_cutout_res_height":2316,"dk.tacit.android.foldersync.full_messageApp":true,"100":true,"com.appgenix.bizcal_messageApp":true,"com.evernote_messageApp":true}

5uck3rpunch

Nov 13, 2013
@Jawomo
Long time user of all your apps. One of the few apps that I always blindly buy to support (already bought this without testing) :D

The issue that I am facing is that I can see all green ticks for "Select Apps", "Notification Access" & "Draw on screen" plus the testing works flawlessly. However, when a notification does arrive it does absolutely nothing, no pop ups etc. Tested with screen off, screen on, lock screen, home screen etc. but nothing works. Any and all help will be highly appreciated.

P.S: I have aodNotify installed but it is currently disabled both in the "Installed App" section and from the app as well.

I have a Galaxy Z Fold 4 with the following info:
  • One UI 4.1.1
  • Android Version: 12
  • Google PLay System Update: 1st August 2022
  • Kernel: 5.10.81-android 12-9-24709469
  • Build Number: SP2A.220305.013
  • Knox: 3.8
  • Android Security Patch Level: 1st July 2022
Copy of settings for developer is:

{"com.samsung.android.app.reminder_messageApp":true,"com.android.bluetooth_messageApp":true,"prefPopupDouble":true,"prefUniColor":false,"prefIgnoreLocked":false,"com.dynamixsoftware.printershare.amazon_messageApp":true,"eu.kanade.tachiyomi_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.apps.messaging_messageApp":true,"org.telegram.messenger_messageApp":true,"log_10017":true,"pref_cutout_left":418,"com.google.android.apps.docs_messageApp":true,"prefGlowScreen":true,"com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro_messageApp":true,"pl.solidexplorer2_musicApp":true,"prefPopupLockscreen":true,"im.thebot.messenger_messageApp":true,"pref_cutout_top":19,"prefAlwaysOn":true,"com.linkedin.android_messageApp":true,"prefNotifBat":"com.jamworks.dynamicspot.ischarging|com.jamworks.dynamicspot.fullcharging|com.jamworks.dynamicspot.lowbattery","com.samsung.android.messaging_messageApp":true,"android_messageApp":true,"com.sygic.aura_naviApp":true,"pref_cutout_bottom2":87,"prefPopupInterSingle":"1","com.facebook.katana_messageApp":true,"data_pro":true,"com.microsoft.todos_messageApp":true,"us.zoom.videomeetings_naviApp":true,"org.videolan.vlc_musicApp":true,"com.tranzmate_naviApp":true,"com.facebook.orca_messageApp":true,"com.sec.android.app.music_musicApp":true,"pref_cutout_right":486,"com.sec.android.app.sbrowser_messageApp":true,"pref_cutout_res_width":904,"com.scee.psxandroid_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.apps.youtube.music_musicApp":true,"pl.solidexplorer2_messageApp":true,"com.kevinforeman.nzb360_messageApp":true,"prefPopupInterLong":"0","com.ringapp_messageApp":true,"prefProPrice":"$6.49","com.google.android.apps.maps_naviApp":true,"data_battery":true,"com.samsung.android.calendar_messageApp":true,"com.waze_naviApp":true,"com.microsoft.office.onenote_messageApp":true,"prefPopupHideOutside":true,"com.reddit.frontpage_messageApp":true,"org.videolan.vlc_messageApp":true,"seekPopupTimeout":4,"com.whatsapp_messageApp":true,"com.adguard.android_messageApp":true,"com.microsoft.appmanager_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.app.soundpicker_musicApp":true,"seekSpotTimeout":1,"pref_cutout_bottom":87,"data_manager":false,"com.samsung.android.game.gamehome_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.gm_messageApp":true,"com.realbyteapps.moneya_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.galaxycontinuity_messageApp":true,"tut_4":true,"com.pushbullet.android_messageApp":true,"com.Slack_messageApp":true,"com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro_musicApp":true,"org.fivefilters.kindleit_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.app.notes_messageApp":true,"seekGlowEdgeScreen":40,"data_android":32,"data_app":10017,"com.microsoft.office.outlook_messageApp":true,"com.twitter.android_messageApp":true,"com.ubercab_naviApp":true,"com.google.android.gms_messageApp":true,"prefPopupDismiss":true,"com.samsung.android.app.sharelive_messageApp":true,"com.pinterest_messageApp":true,"android_naviApp":true,"com.microsoft.emmx_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.privateshare_messageApp":true,"seekGlowX":0,"seekGlowY":0,"com.azure.authenticator_messageApp":true,"seekGlowSizeX":0,"data_device":"SM-F936B","org.xbmc.kodi_musicApp":true,"seekGlowSizeY":0,"data_samsung_aod":"7.2.84","com.microsoft.android.smsorganizer_messageApp":true,"com.dashlane_messageApp":true,"com.shopback.app_naviApp":true,"com.microsoft.skydrive_messageApp":true,"com.resilio.sync_messageApp":true,"com.maxmpz.audioplayer_musicApp":true,"prefBlockPopup":false,"com.google.android.apps.translate_messageApp":true,"com.google.android.talk_messageApp":true,"com.sec.android.app.clockpackage_timerApp":true,"com.adobe.reader_messageApp":true,"pref_cutout_res_height":2316,"dk.tacit.android.foldersync.full_messageApp":true,"100":true,"com.appgenix.bizcal_messageApp":true,"com.evernote_messageApp":true}
I have the same phone with the exact same software. I was just on the outer screen & have no issue seeing or changing the radio buttons in the Selected Apps in Notifications.

Reactions: Xxxdevilxxx

Xxxdevilxxx

Jan 1, 2012
I have the same phone with the exact same software. I was just on the outer screen & have no issue seeing or changing the radio buttons in the Selected Apps in Notifications.
Its not the radio button that is the issue. All radio buttons work fine and everything is set. the issue is when a notification arrives there is no dynamicspot notification on the top.

5uck3rpunch

Nov 13, 2013
And I see that you allowed all necessary access. Hmm...I dunno what else would be blocking it. I have AOD Notify on my Fold 4 & it's enabled & they both work fine together. I know that I do not enable the "Block System Popups". "Screen Off" is also disabled on mine. I am on the latest version that came out this morning - 1.07. I would suggest clearing the cache & storage for this app & then uninstall, reboot the phone & reinstall. It could be something with the installation.

Xxxdevilxxx

Jan 1, 2012
And I see that you allowed all necessary access. Hmm...I dunno what else would be blocking it. I have AOD Notify on my Fold 4 & it's enabled & they both work fine together. I know that I do not enable the "Block System Popups". "Screen Off" is also disabled on mine. I am on the latest version that came out this morning - 1.07. I would suggest clearing the cache & storage for this app & then uninstall, reboot the phone & reinstall. It could be something with the installation.
Thanks for the quick reply. Just did what you suggested to no avail :(

Block system and Screen off are also disabled for me. Still didn't work. No idea where it is going wrong. weird.

5uck3rpunch

Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply. Just did what you suggested to no avail :(

Block system and Screen off are also disabled for me. Still didn't work. No idea where it is going wrong. weird.
I'm sorry that it's not working for you, especially me being on the same phone with all the same software & I'm not seeing any issues with this. It has to be something else that you have installed that is affecting it.

arc300

Sep 23, 2022
Do you consider a downgrade just for not having a player "dancing bar"? Cmon...
At the moment this dynamic island is a great ideia, but honestly one must admit that it's all eye candy. Just another way of showing notifications. So why not have it all shining and visualy attractive?? :cool:
I really don't like that static play button at all!!! But that's just me.
Still don't regret buying the Pro version!! And can't wait to see what @Jawomo will com up with in new updates.

Reactions: davidnestico

itschaotic

Jan 31, 2012
At the moment this dynamic island is a great ideia, but honestly one must admit that it's all eye candy. Just another way of showing notifications. So why not have it all shining and visualy attractive?? :cool:
I really don't like that static play button at all!!! But that's just me.
Still don't regret buying the Pro version!! And can't wait to see what @Jawomo will com up with in new updates.
Ok, I got your point of view. The way you wrote the other post, I found it a little rude, just that.
I really think an animation would be super welcome. The only thing for now that bugs me is the design language on the player.

arc300

Sep 23, 2022
Ok, I got your point of view. The way you wrote the other post, I found it a little rude, just that.
I really think an animation would be super welcome. The only thing for now that bugs me is the design language on the player.
No, wasn't meant to be rude!!! Maybe it's just because I haven't had any issues with Dynamicspot like other users unfortunatly have and that was my only downgrade. I was really anxious for the music app animation and then I saw it became a basic play button.
Anyways, I know (I hope) it'll be there sometime soon:giggle:

Reactions: itschaotic

Xxxdevilxxx

Jan 1, 2012
I'm sorry that it's not working for you, especially me being on the same phone with all the same software & I'm not seeing any issues with this. It has to be something else that you have installed that is affecting it.
Thanks....just figured out the issue. Dumb mistake at my end. When I went to apps only Dynamic was allowed to show notification. Changed it to all and worked like a charm.

Top Liked Posts

Hi!
    I think it would be a good idea to add an option to make the Dynamic spot disappear when the phone is in landscape mode or when an application is in full screen (useful when watching a video)
    I find that the music visualizer is a bit buggy (laggy) i feel like it has latency and low fps
    PSA Do not buy anything from this developer.

He will abandon projects he doesn't want to work on anymore, leaving paying customers without a working product. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-the-power-bixby-button-on-s20.4061549/page-7

Don't find him
    Android 13 was just released. And instead of kindly asking for a fix you're getting rude directly. Thats how you motivate developers...
    Hello, great maker! Like your program, the first time I bought a genuine, I am a girlfriend from China, software use all normal, although some small BUG but acceptable, but want to ask you to add a blurred background do not know whether it can be achieved? Because I like to set the white background, the device is Samsung Note10 +, Oneui 4.1!
    Android 13 was just released. And instead of kindly asking for a fix you're getting rude directly. Thats how you motivate developers...

Er no. You need to read the thread I linked to. We've been asking nicely for an update for a few weeks now, and there's been no comment from you. If you'd have posted a comment weeks ago when people first asked, that you're aware of the issue and you're looking at it, then I wouldn't be complaining. I'm complaining because you've ignored all comments over on that thread and yet are active on this thread, presumably because this is a new product actively making you money. Also, this isn't a charity, you're selling this product, that comes with a responsibility. If you don't want the responsibility, open source it and make it free, and let someone else fix it.

I'm a professional developer, and if I ignored paying customers for weeks when a product we had sold them stopped working with a os update without even a workaround and then when they got annoyed got snarky with them about that's not how you motivate developers, I'd be fired.
    Thank you for clarification and how amateur I am that I haven't read the instructions clearly stated in the app.
    No problem. I dont collect any data in any of my apps. And i have no ads even in free version.

If some people buy me a coffe im happy. So im not interested in selling data.

But many other apps do. So its always good to ask first.
    Uploaded dynamicSpot 1.26 #62

You can now show images from notifications directly in the popup and use custom colors for the popup!

• Custom color
    • Show images
    • App name auto color
    • Music popup optimized
    • Translations updated
    • Fixes & optimizations
    Short teaser :cool:
    Something awesome is coming soon :LOL:

New notification smoothly blend like on iOS. What do you think?

Sorry for bad video quality.

Great app btw. Well after a month of usage I came with a problem. the color of the popup is pitch black and when u keep it on always, it harms the pixels of the screen if the screen ain't amoled. Had faced this issue and the pixels around my camera cut out had turned bit dull. Well it's manageable but on long term it might harm the display which aren't amoled. So maybe make the popup bit grey. Ik it would be bad but only solution to this issue ig?
    Custom colors may get added in a future release. Maybe soon :)

Normally, as the overlay is only visible when the screen is on it shouldn't react on the display.
    But if you experience problems, maybe you should disable the always on option.
    Found a cool idea, thought it might be original and useful
    Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!
    So if you e.g. start a timer, dynamicSpot will show you the running time.

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.
    But im working on it :)

MAIN FEATURES
    • iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature
    • Mini multitasking for your phone
    • Support for timer apps
    • Support for music apps
    • Customizable interaction

MUSIC CONTROLS
    • Play / Pause
    • Next / Prev
    • Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
    • Timer aps: Show running timer
    • Battery: Show percentage
    • Maps: Show distance
    • Music apps: Music controls
    • More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
    Coming soon...

dynamicSpot 1.20 XDA exclusive preview:

Like? Did you spot the new feature?
    Coming soon...

20221002_200024jic9u.gif
    Thanks for all the feedback! Will take all feature requests into consideration. Have a long roadmap already :)
    Will do my best to fix all the bugs asap.

If you have any question or suggestions just let me know.

Ragards