[APP] dynamicSpot - iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island for android!

Search This thread

antar243

Jan 1, 2019
Realme 7
Screenshot_2022-09-24-14-53-13-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

when I watch video in chrome chrome give a notification the notification just don't disappear sometimes it disappeared after almost 5 minutes
please fix it

wassupDUDE

Aug 30, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
I have a few suggestions:

Could you flip the settings for interaction, so that long-pressing the island will open the app, and tapping on it will expand the popup?

Could you also make it a background process, as whenever I clear open apps, the island disappears, and oy reappears when a new notification comes?

EmmadeVari

Feb 8, 2019
I have a Vivo phone and bought the paid version but every time that I get a notification from dynamic spot the silent mode is activated and I need to disable it manually but it happens again and again when dynamic spot app gets notification from any app. I hope it can be fixed, because I have lost some calls due to this error. By the way, it's a great app.

Attachments

• video_20220924_080422.mp4
    20.1 MB · Views: 0

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
I'm sorry if someone else has already asked a question. I felt the future and bought the pro version.Even if you receive a notification with this application, the icon is displayed separately on the notification bar. Is this an Android specification? I want to receive all notifications in this app.View attachment 5719037
You can't receive notifications in this app. This app only shows notifications that you see in the notification section. In other words, the icon on status bar will stay until you dismiss the notification.

shige1215j

Sep 24, 2022
このアプリでは通知を受け取ることができません。このアプリは、通知セクションに表示される通知のみを表示します。つまり、ステータス バーのアイコンは、通知を閉じるまで表示されたままになります。
That's right. Thank you for the easy-to-understand explanation.

Reactions: TheMystic

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Fantastic app.

The latest version that I have (v1.05) has resolved some of the common complaints.

Here are some additional suggestions:

1. App should only activate Dynamic Island ONLY for NEW notifications. Currently, it keeps showing old notifications everytime there is some activity in the notification area. I think you need to use a time-based check to limit the island view for only new notifications, i.e. ignore notifications that are older (earlier) than current time.

2. Per-app Expanded pop-up option: By default, notifications should appear in small pop-up for all (selected) apps. However, there should be an option to choose expanded pop-up option for user selected apps, so notifications from those apps automatically show up in an expanded form.

3. Snooze button for notifications in expanded view.

4. Option to automatically disable Dynamic Island when an app is in full screen, e.g. YouTube.

5. Hide button: if user wants to hide an app such as music player from showing continuously on the Dynamic Island. Such apps will show up again only if they are launched again.

Why does this app need accessibility service permission? It isn't performing any clicking activity on behalf of the user. Is 'Draw over other apps' permission not sufficient?

Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island. Some call the feature ingenious, some useless.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!
So if you e.g. start a timer, dynamicSpot will show you the running time.

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.
But im working on it :)

MAIN FEATURES
• iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature
• Mini multitasking for your phone
• Support for timer apps
• Support for music apps
• Customizable interaction

MUSIC CONTROLS
• Play / Pause
• Next / Prev
• Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
• Timer aps: Show running timer
• Battery: Show percentage
• Maps: Show distance
• Music apps: Music controls
• More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
Thank you sir! This is awesome! I've already bought the pro version!

Keep up the great work!

Personally I've never been a fan of the camera cutout nor do I like the notches.... since these things have been put into hardware already and there isn't any way of getting around it it's nice to have some "flare" around those things in software that adds more functionality and less of an eye sore imho.

One feature request I would like to see is having the dynamic dot (brilliant name by the way) always on? Maybe have specific apps allowed to always show to keep the dynamic dot always up?

Thanks again!

ZmisiS

Dec 23, 2011
Livno
Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island. Some call the feature ingenious, some useless.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.

MAIN FEATURES
• Support for timer apps
• Support for music apps

MUSIC CONTROLS
• Play / Pause
• Next / Prev
• Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
• More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
What can the Pro version do that this 'regular' version can't? I looked in the app and it's clear to me now.

Last edited:

Kingpin190

Sep 3, 2017
I have a few suggestions:

Could you flip the settings for interaction, so that long-pressing the island will open the app, and tapping on it will expand the popup?

Could you also make it a background process, as whenever I clear open apps, the island disappears, and oy reappears when a new notification comes?
Look at the options again. I can choose, which action is taken for tapping and long-pressing.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@Jawomo
it's not necessary to change all the time the DND MODE in my opinion when a message arrived.

the app sucks much more battery then before 0 to 3%

miui 13 xiaomi.eu 13.0.7

I have a Vivo phone and bought the paid version but every time that I get a notification from dynamic spot the silent mode is activated and I need to disable it manually but it happens again and again when dynamic spot app gets notification from any app. I hope it can be fixed, because I have lost some calls due to this error. By the way, it's a great app.
Just pushed another update. Hope its fixed then. Otherwise please disable the block system popups option

Last edited:
Reactions: pakino2004

Top Liked Posts

I purchased premium because I love your app but I also think these things could improve it:

- detect inner and outerscreen for foldables for different layouts

- make the size of the dynamic island "dot" changeable, when island
    activates it becomes a bigger circle that isn't centered correctly on
    my s21 ultra
    - export and import position settings so we can share the settings of our specific device for a better, more precise and smoother experience.

(smaller changes for making the island look more "premium")

- music player buttons circle that surrounds it after it get's pressed it cut of which doesn't look good.

-add some animations to the app icons eg. when music is playing and expanded the music player icon is in the top corner and the album stays where it's right now in the app, when getting smaller the music player icon moves smoothly to the place where it needs to be.
    - swiping the expanded island should probably fade back to the hole punch instead of just going to nowhere.

basically the app is pretty much finished, it doesn't need anymore features, just adding some more (smoother) animations would make it perfect.

also maybe you can make a discord or telegram channel so we can report issues or request easier?

keep up the work, your app is amazing

*if you want any pictures for reference or anything feel free to ask
    I don't know if this is a per device issue, but the music visualizer is very choppy, looks to be running at like sub 30 fps, would be nice if there was an option to make it smoother.
    I'm using a galaxy a53 5G with the pro license purchased.
    Killer app btw, congrats!
    its smooth here on all test devices. will investigate
    I don't know if this is a per device issue, but the music visualizer is very choppy, looks to be running at like sub 30 fps, would be nice if there was an option to make it smoother.
    I'm using a galaxy a53 5G with the pro license purchased.
    Killer app btw, congrats!
    Icon pack and color of icon changed in live activities pill. I was liking previous rounded icons with original theme matching icons in live activities. Please add an option to chose this
    Please let us have option for iOS look or android look for the live activity icons @Jawomo
    Short teaser :cool:
    Something awesome is coming soon :LOL:

New notification smoothly blend like on iOS. What do you think?

Sorry for bad video quality.

I found all of the UI for the dynamic island
    1669578735038.png

Full-quality svgs:
    Thanks for reporting all the bugs! new beta coming soon!
    dynamicSpot can inform you about system events like charging, low battery e.g.

What other events would you be interested in?
    The Bluetooth headphones connected one that also shows battery would be useful. Don't know the intricacies of doing so but would be cool.
    Hey @Jawomo
    Could you possibly make the drop shadow a bit more visible? Cause as of right now, it's hardly noticeable.

Like how it's showcased in thee image

1668739783106.png
    Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island.

MAIN FEATURES
    • Support for timer apps
    • Support for music apps

MUSIC CONTROLS
    • Play / Pause
    • Next / Prev
    • Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
    • More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
    Coming soon...

dynamicSpot 1.20 XDA exclusive preview:

Like? Did you spot the new feature?
    Just pushed another update dynamicSpot 1.10
    Recoded the whole animation system. No it looks way better.
    Added lots of bugfixes and optimizations

Changelog:

Bye bye old animations, hello smoooooth animations :)

• Added display settings category
    • Added optional iOS pop effect
    • Added smooth animations
    • Icon style now selectable
    • Fixed clear notifications
    • Lots of bugfixes
    • Translations updated
    • Fixes & optimizations

More to come soon!

Do you like the new animations?
    Thanks for all the feedback! Will take all feature requests into consideration. Have a long roadmap already :)
    Will do my best to fix all the bugs asap.

If you have any question or suggestions just let me know.

Ragards