[APP] dynamicSpot - iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island for android! iOS 17 notification popups!

Search This thread

AustinA

Oct 7, 2022
Hi I've been using this for a while now in beta and really like it!
However there are of course a few nitpicks and bugs I've spotted/had.
1. YouTube Music doesn't appear in the pill when I press play which is odd, as Tidal seems to work fine.
2. Music visualiser has a choppy animation, is too large (should be adjustable in settings) and it doesn't work at all if casting to another speaker such as a Google Nest.
3. Would like to be able to colour (eventually) the custom app icons you provide as I like for different apps.
4. I'm sure this one is popular: A generic headphones connected popup showing the battery in a small ring at the end or something.
5. Have the option to show a sender of a message's first name in the small unused space on the right side of the cutout (or custom names per sender).

Otherwise, besides from a bit of polishing, the app is coming along well and fast, and I hope you continue to develop it. Once that happens, I'll be able to safely give it 5 stars.

Cheers, Austin 👍

Reactions: phæl

JoMiNovi

Oct 7, 2022
Hello,
I noticed that in version 1.13 when loading the display is no longer updated. When I plug in the phone, the battery charge is correctly displayed by the system. However, if one more protzent is loaded, DynamicSpot stays at the position of the plug-in.

(I use a Galaxy A52 4G with dynamicSpot Pro)

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

arc300

Sep 23, 2022
Hi Jawono!!!

V 1.13 is working on my Galaxy Note 10+. Finally no more system shrinking!!!!;:D
Music visualizar doesn't seem to work. Toggled on and off and couldn't see any animation.
Thanks for figuring out what was causing the shrinking.(y)

Last edited:

yogizer

Oct 15, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Hi Jawono!!!

V 1.13 is working on my Galaxy Note 10+. Finally no more system shrinking!!!!;:D
Music visualizar doesn't seem to work. Toggled on and off and couldn't see any animation.
Thanks for figuring out what was causing the shrinking.(y)
I force closed the app and then restarted it. Seemed to work. And sometimes if you have a custom launcher, then you need to go to the home UI, force close the app, start the app again and then start the music there. Then you can go back to your custom launcher.

arc300

Sep 23, 2022
I force closed the app and then restarted it. Seemed to work. And sometimes if you have a custom launcher, then you need to go to the home UI, force close the app, start the app again and then start the music there. Then you can go back to your custom launcher.
Thanks for the tip!! It worked!
The animation works but sometimes it stops. Guess it'll be fixed soon.
Anyway I'm just real happy that I can use dynamicspot again without the screen problems.

Update: Problem is with Nova Launcher. Works fine in home UI!!

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi I've been using this for a while now in beta and really like it!
However there are of course a few nitpicks and bugs I've spotted/had.
1. YouTube Music doesn't appear in the pill when I press play which is odd, as Tidal seems to work fine.
2. Music visualiser has a choppy animation, is too large (should be adjustable in settings) and it doesn't work at all if casting to another speaker such as a Google Nest.
3. Would like to be able to colour (eventually) the custom app icons you provide as I like for different apps.
4. I'm sure this one is popular: A generic headphones connected popup showing the battery in a small ring at the end or something.
5. Have the option to show a sender of a message's first name in the small unused space on the right side of the cutout (or custom names per sender).

Otherwise, besides from a bit of polishing, the app is coming along well and fast, and I hope you continue to develop it. Once that happens, I'll be able to safely give it 5 stars.

Cheers, Austin 👍
1. Guess YT doesn't send a music notification, so its not detectable by the app
2. Its smooth here. What phone do you use?
20221002_200024jic9u.gif

3. Themes or colors may get added in a future release
4. Yes, system events are on the roadmap
5. That will be difficult as there's few space left, maybe moving text is an option

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinA and phæl

kai666

Sep 16, 2008
Hello,
I noticed that in version 1.13 when loading the display is no longer updated. When I plug in the phone, the battery charge is correctly displayed by the system. However, if one more protzent is loaded, DynamicSpot stays at the position of the plug-in.

(I use a Galaxy A52 4G with dynamicSpot Pro)

The battery charge indicator has never worked on my Samsung s10 lite. It shows the starting battery level and remains at that level.

No update has fixed this yet

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks for the tip!! It worked!
The animation works but sometimes it stops. Guess it'll be fixed soon.
Anyway I'm just real happy that I can use dynamicspot again without the screen problems.

Update: Problem is with Nova Launcher. Works fine in home UI!!

Yup, nova launcher here as well... 😂😂

Nova launcher sets the frame rate to 60 HZ which kills smooth 120Hz animations. Don't recommend using it

Reactions: arc300 and rodken

mrs.mystic

May 30, 2020
2 Screen record <- link

I am facing issues in dynamic spot

1. Spotify lite is still showing the seek timing as 32min
2. As a superfan of open source, I am using "New Pipe" application as an alternative of youtube.
Having the same seek timing issue.
3. Once I play the songs/videos
and click on the dynamic spot pill
It expands correctly but the second time I hold the pill to expand then it doesnt happen and the dynamic spot get crashed.
PFA screen record url above.

I am dynamic spot pro user and on 1.13 version.
Phone - Oppo Reno 6

yogizer

Oct 15, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Nova launcher sets the frame rate to 60 HZ which kills smooth 120Hz animations. Don't recommend using it
Hi Jawomo, Yes I guessed as much. It's just that I have used Nova with so many customizations for at least 5 years. It will almost be impossible to live with the normal One UI. Can't complain about the visualizations now though. It's really good. I just had to go back to the One UI, restart the app, play music, and then return to Nova.

arc300

Sep 23, 2022
Hi Jawomo, Yes I guessed as much. It's just that I have used Nova with so many customizations for at least 5 years. It will almost be impossible to live with the normal One UI. Can't complain about the visualizations now though. It's really good. I just had to go back to the One UI, restart the app, play music, and then return to Nova.
Same here!! can't live without Nova Launcher.
Like i said, glad that my screen problems were solved. Animation for now is not a priority for me.

m@r3k

Aug 28, 2019

@Jawomo S22U animation works smoothly and pleases the eye
:)
I have only one problem. It never shows notifications from YT.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should be fixed with 200113 (1.83) release. See Help > ?
    As far as I know the problem with double messages actually came with version 200133. Everything was fine b4 that.
    Should be fixed with 200113 (1.83) release. See Help > ?
    Heya, not sure fully how to use this platform but I've found a bug:

I get double-ups of any notification, including the test one

Attached below are my settings, and I'll also attach a screenshot of the bug.

Thank you!
    Most of us seem to be experiencing the same problem. Perhaps you have the "Hide in foreground" option under "General" turned off? This triggers the bug in my case. Consider keeping it ON if you really want to get rid of this bug temporarily.
    Directly from playstore. Just join beta before
    Alright I just learned that. This seems to have fixed it. No more sticky/stuttering behaviour when exiting apps. I even compared it to my screen recordings and it looks like stock. Thank you so so much!

And if I may, there's a tiny feature request (not a bug) I have. I was wondering if its possible to give us finer control over the positioning sliders. Right now I'm trying to blend the island with the status bar and a value of -41 is too low and -40 is too high (seems -40.5 would be perfect). It's something really small the equivalent of a row of pixels. If you can implement it in the next update, that'd be great. If you get to it later, it's all good. Take your time.

Asides from that everything is more or less perfect for me.

Thanks again!!!
    Hello, is it possible to keep the dynamic island in place in landscape mode??? Just like the original iPhone. Thanks

The app is GREAT!!!
    Aplikacja jest SUPER!!!

{Mod edit: Posts merged and translated. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}
    Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!
    So if you e.g. start a timer, dynamicSpot will show you the running time.

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.
    But im working on it :)

MAIN FEATURES
    • iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island feature
    • Mini multitasking for your phone
    • Support for timer apps
    • Support for music apps
    • Customizable interaction

MUSIC CONTROLS
    • Play / Pause
    • Next / Prev
    • Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
    • Timer aps: Show running timer
    • Battery: Show percentage
    • Maps: Show distance
    • Music apps: Music controls
    • More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
    Coming soon...

dynamicSpot 1.20 XDA exclusive preview:

Like? Did you spot the new feature?
    Just pushed another update dynamicSpot 1.10
    Recoded the whole animation system. No it looks way better.
    Added lots of bugfixes and optimizations

Changelog:

Bye bye old animations, hello smoooooth animations :)

• Added display settings category
    • Added optional iOS pop effect
    • Added smooth animations
    • Icon style now selectable
    • Fixed clear notifications
    • Lots of bugfixes
    • Translations updated
    • Fixes & optimizations

More to come soon!

Do you like the new animations?
    The basics work great but :
    1) When I open and close the dynamic spot app itself, the pop-up bar closes on its own. I have to stop and start the music again to retain it (Even though battery optimisation is turned off.)
    2) Please add an option to always show the "Dynamic Spot" on the same spot (pun intended) just for the feel.
    3) Add the ability for the notch to adjust itself when 2 notifications arrive because everytime a second notification arrives, it overlaps with the status bar icons.
    3) When I set a timer and exit the clock app the timer starts in the pop-up. But when I change the tracks using the dynamic spot and exit the pop-up the timer stops but in system notification it's still running.
    4) [Feature Request] when playing music, a waveform animation would be great.
    5) [Feature Request] A method to prioritise certain apps notification because definitely you want to see the new text message and other important notifications rather than seeing that your incognito tab is running.

These are just for your kind information just to help you make the app more polished. Loved all your other apps and loving this one as well. Keep up the great work. Love and peace ❤️☮️