[APP] dynamicSpot - iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island for android! iOS 17 notification popups!

Search This thread

Wiesel1983

Jul 15, 2020
Here are 2 little wishes for a future update:

1. Possibility to choose "Album Covers" standalone alltough Contact Photos is disabled (Example: I dont want to see whatsapp profile Pictures - but music album covers from YouTube Music - was possible in former Version).

2. On my Device (Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite) messages from example WhatsApp are in "wrong" order, if there are more than one in a Chat. Oldest Message should be on top, so you dont have to read from bottom to top.

Nevertheless one of the Greatest Apps i have ever used. Thank you.

Last edited:

Grabbag

Oct 11, 2010
Here are 2 little wishes for a future update:

1. Possibility to choose "Album Covers" standalone alltough Contact Photos is disabled (Example: I dont want to so whatsapp profile Pictures - but music album covers from YouTube Music - was possible in former Version).

2. On my Device (Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite) messages from example WhatsApp are in "wrong" order, if there are more than one in a Chat. Oldest Message should be on top, so you dont have to read from bottom to top.

Nevertheless one of the Greatest Apps i have ever used. Thank you.
I agree with point 2.

harlanecastro

Nov 30, 2022
I configured a vertical size of -41 so that the small popup stays within the black area of the status bar, however, the application icons are very small.

This issue does not affect music animation, it only affects application icons.

[Galaxy S22 Ultra]

Attachments

• small-icon-01.jpg
    small-icon-01.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 56
  • small-icon-02.jpg
    small-icon-02.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 54
  • small-icon-03.jpg
    small-icon-03.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 51
  • config.jpg
    config.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 48
  • statusbar-size.jpg
    statusbar-size.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 55

harlanecastro

Nov 30, 2022
Purpose of the app is to see new messages. So the lastest message is always on top. Otherwise you would not see the latest message if text reaches a specific lenth.
I imagine that an option in which we could choose to toggle (in a loop) the display of small pop-ups that have not yet been seen would be interesting. If I selected (for example) a 24-hour time for "Auto-hide small popup", the app would display all unread notifications in the small popup alternately until 24 hours had passed.
In this case, it would be nice to have an option to select the interval time between showing small pop-ups.

Floridart

Nov 28, 2022
Hello dev ..pls can you remove this image on expanded pop-up .since they are same image.. the smaller image was supposed to be for the small pill notification only ..thanks..you are doing a great work @Jawomo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_153710_Facebook.png
    Screenshot_20221130_153710_Facebook.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20221130_153716_Facebook.png
    Screenshot_20221130_153716_Facebook.png
    307.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I imagine that an option in which we could choose to toggle (in a loop) the display of small pop-ups that have not yet been seen would be interesting. If I selected (for example) a 24-hour time for "Auto-hide small popup", the app would display all unread notifications in the small popup alternately until 24 hours had passed.
In this case, it would be nice to have an option to select the interval time between showing small pop-ups.
Working on different concepts here. Will take some time though.. will post updates here when possible.

Floridart

Nov 28, 2022
Hello dev . On the recent update..the picture icon is not fitting perfectly to the end of the pill shape .pls fix it on the next update ..and if possible make it possible to use a custom icon pack on apps icon and it will be cool if the system Bluetooth icon is changed to blue instead of green @Jawomo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_192847_Nova Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20221130_192847_Nova Launcher.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hello dev . On the recent update..the picture icon is not fitting perfectly to the end of the pill shape .pls fix it on the next update ..and if possible make it possible to use a custom icon pack on apps icon and it will be cool if the system Bluetooth icon is changed to blue instead of green @Jawomo
Strange, no problems here. Please try restarting phone once.

Screenshot_20221130_200736_One UI Home.jpg

Grabbag

Oct 11, 2010
Hi I've got an issue with navigation. Maybe same as other report there island will not disappear after closing app. For me it is the maps navigation.
Screenshot_20221201-082522~2.png

Screenshot_20221201-084204~3.png

Screenshot_20221201-085356~2.png

Pressing the "Navigation beenden" Button will not remove the island. Also the button can be pressed multiple time without any feedback.

Last edited:

Grabbag

Oct 11, 2010
Ah cool thing I noticed I the navigation in the island itself. Props to you!

But it would be even cooler if you could display more information in the island. For example the amount of km/miles until the next Aktion.
Screenshot_20221201-075258~2.png

Reactions: davidnestico

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

oskr1811

Sep 17, 2011
Nowhere Land
Hello, I have a question.
Can the app show notifications in landscape mode?
Because in Motorola it only notifies once when in landscape mode and then no longer.
Sorry my bad English i use a traslatator

loser_

Dec 1, 2022
So for some reason YouTube music on YouTube vanced doesn't work... Only YouTube music normal works.

Top Liked Posts

I have a crash report of a note 10. But its not related to the app. There are too many overlays on screen. Therefore its crashes.

Are there other overlay apps installed and running?
    I have a ZTE device but it doesn't give me the option to disable the notification window
    Im not sure how you do it on a ZTE, couldnt find anything online
    I've just installed Dynamic Spot on my new nothing phone 2 and music controls nor music visualizer are showing when media plays. used to work on my previous phone - galaxy s20+.
    And music apps are selected in notification list?
    You can try enabling non removable notifications in settings and see if it helps.
    The app is Really Good I even bought the pro version but it would be even better if we had the option to choose which notification category triggers the dynamic spot. For example i like my youtube subscription notifications to come in the form of pop ups and at the same time not trigger the dynamic spot but on the other hand i would like my livestream notifications to triggers the dynamic spot. That for me is a very decisive feature and I'm sure it is for other people as well. Also another even more feature to me is having the option to not only disable the dynamic spot in landscape but also only letting normal/regular phone pop up go throughout or at least adapt the dynamic island for landscape mode without it being awkwardly place in the middle of the screen where no camera is placed.
    1000011589.jpg

If in instances like this we could have pop ups like this:
    1000011593.jpg

Just like with iphones.

And also one major issue that i have been encountering is the fact that: when we unable the option " Auto expand" for any music app or any app that has a media player (ie youtube , the browser ) the pop up auto expands whenever whenever the music or video.
    changes which is not very much convenient as it constantly gets on the way after every single music.
    As illustrated in the video below

I Hope you find time to read these suggestions which i think would make your app even better and accessible to a wider audience. Other than that I'm really satisfied with it.
    Hey, the app is amazing and works fine but I have encountered a problem with the music pop up. When I am playing music from Spotify the pop up is always visible and doesn't go anyway unless i open Spotify again or pull down the notification panel but it returns again after I close them.

both auto hide for small and expanded pop ups are at 5 seconds and the non removable notifications option is enabled.
    IMG_20240323_192207.jpg
    Alright April security patch did nothing.

I have a feeling dynamic spot is taking a second to read the app and make sure there is/isn't something to display. It just feels choppy when exiting apps.
    I have an S24 and dont have this problem. Very strange... will investigate
    Directly from playstore. Just join beta before
    Alright I just learned that. This seems to have fixed it. No more sticky/stuttering behaviour when exiting apps. I even compared it to my screen recordings and it looks like stock. Thank you so so much!

And if I may, there's a tiny feature request (not a bug) I have. I was wondering if its possible to give us finer control over the positioning sliders. Right now I'm trying to blend the island with the status bar and a value of -41 is too low and -40 is too high (seems -40.5 would be perfect). It's something really small the equivalent of a row of pixels. If you can implement it in the next update, that'd be great. If you get to it later, it's all good. Take your time.

Asides from that everything is more or less perfect for me.

Thanks again!!!
    Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!
    So if you e.g. start a timer, dynamicSpot will show you the running time.

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.
    But im working on it :)

MAIN FEATURES
    • iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island feature
    • Mini multitasking for your phone
    • Support for timer apps
    • Support for music apps
    • Customizable interaction

MUSIC CONTROLS
    • Play / Pause
    • Next / Prev
    • Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
    • Timer aps: Show running timer
    • Battery: Show percentage
    • Maps: Show distance
    • Music apps: Music controls
    • More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
    Coming soon...

dynamicSpot 1.20 XDA exclusive preview:

Like? Did you spot the new feature?
    Just pushed another update dynamicSpot 1.10
    Recoded the whole animation system. No it looks way better.
    Added lots of bugfixes and optimizations

Changelog:

Bye bye old animations, hello smoooooth animations :)

• Added display settings category
    • Added optional iOS pop effect
    • Added smooth animations
    • Icon style now selectable
    • Fixed clear notifications
    • Lots of bugfixes
    • Translations updated
    • Fixes & optimizations

More to come soon!

Do you like the new animations?
    Thanks for all the feedback! Will take all feature requests into consideration. Have a long roadmap already :)
    Will do my best to fix all the bugs asap.

If you have any question or suggestions just let me know.

Ragards