[APP] dynamicSpot - iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island for android! iOS 17 notification popups!

Search This thread

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
it may depend on what apps I have added to the dS notification list.

I'll do that and give it a day or two and report back. :)
A day or two would not be sufficient time for data mining.
-- Clear cache and data/storage or just storage - do not uninstall and reboot before reopening dynamic Spot.
-- Opt for 3 - 4 days considering all of the bloatware that comes with Samsung devices.

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A day or two would not be sufficient time for data mining.
-- Clear cache and data/storage or just storage - do not uninstall and reboot before reopening dynamic Spot.
-- Opt for 3 - 4 days considering all of the bloatware that comes with Samsung devices.
Normally this app consumes almost 0% battery as its not active wehn screen is off

i really like the animation that pill to expanded into bigger one but in some off chinese dynamic island apps have circle start point that it expand the pill shape like the ios pop effect but chinese circle is can be customizable, like if we can change the size of pop effect bubble to fit in punch hole it will be so good and pop effect can be same but when pill shape shrink if it shrink to pop effect circle instead of the shrink to line, because bottom of the line can be seen under the camera . here video that relative position of the camera and shrinking animation is shown under the camera ,like if it shrink to pop effect circle then pop effect shrink into camera it will so good

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawomo

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Congrats on the over 1 MILLION INSTALLS mark bro!!

Keep doing what ur doing! :cool:(y)
Good observation. This is probably the fastest 1 million installs in the history of any App Store.

It is strange that most Android users who talk low of iOS (often they don't actually know much about it) are also quick in grabbing any feature that iOS introduces. I have to say Apple has indeed come up with a true innovation in a very long time.

Armet1989

Sep 26, 2022
Hi, just updated to ver 1.11

I noticed since the update, the dynamic island is not appearing on lock screen, especially youtube music playback.

Before the update it is appeared on the lock screen.

Now it is dissappeared when I lock the screen, and it is appeared if I paused and play the youtube music from the lock screen play back.
But, when I locked the screen again or the screen turned off, it dissappeared again.

Setting show on lock screen already activated in dynamic spot setting.

Is this a bug?
Please kindly fix this @Jawomo

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
i really like the animation that pill to expanded into bigger one but in some off chinese dynamic island apps have circle start point that it expand the pill shape like the ios pop effect but chinese circle is can be customizable, like if we can change the size of pop effect bubble to fit in punch hole it will be so good and pop effect can be same but when pill shape shrink if it shrink to pop effect circle instead of the shrink to line, because bottom of the line can be seen under the camera . here video that relative position of the camera and shrinking animation is shown under the camera ,like if it shrink to pop effect circle then pop effect shrink into camera it will so good
For now you will have to position the popup centered over the camera for best results.
Settings up a start popup and an end popup may be confusing for some users...

But i will investigate this and see if theres an easy solution

efd

Jan 29, 2008
I believe my problem is happening since 1.07 and exists in the latest version 1.11.
I have a persistent notification that I need to monitor my blood sugar levels. In the app, I want to use the first option for icons (... contacts/music covers), but for the bsl I need to set that option to the third one (small icons) to see the bsl as a number in dS. Somewhere in the beginning of this thread I already mentioned my thoughts about persistent notifications. Is there any fix in the works to fix this for me personally? I would also like to have that persistent notification as an extra circle to the left 😇
Thanks for considering to address this.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I believe my problem is happening since 1.07 and exists in the latest version 1.11.
I have a persistent notification that I need to monitor my blood sugar levels. In the app, I want to use the first option for icons (... contacts/music covers), but for the bsl I need to set that option to the third one (small icons) to see the bsl as a number in dS. Somewhere in the beginning of this thread I already mentioned my thoughts about persistent notifications. Is there any fix in the works to fix this for me personally? I would also like to have that persistent notification as an extra circle to the left 😇
Thanks for considering to address this.
There may be app specific settings in future releases, but i dont know when yet.

Reactions: efd

HAWKSTER7117

Jul 12, 2017
Not sure if I missed it. But seems to time out and have to turn notifications off and back on...to get app working again.

For now you will have to position the popup centered over the camera for best results.
Settings up a start popup and an end popup may be confusing for some users...

But i will investigate this and see if theres an easy solution
yes it can be confusing for some people but there can be option for that to enable the start popup thing thanks for the answer and investigation for that 😁

NightRiders87

Feb 27, 2019
Cant reproduce this on any of my test devices unfortunately. Will investigate further. Guess its because of the black icon background. No problems here with colored icon backgrounds
Log
{"com.samsung.android.app.soundpicker_musicApp":true,"net.kreosoft.android.mynotes_messageApp":true,"seekSpotTimeout":1,"data_manager":false,"com.samsung.android.app.reminder_messageApp":true,"com.android.bluetooth_messageApp":true,"prefAnimFirstPop":true,"prefPopupDouble":false,"prefUniColor":false,"prefIgnoreLocked":true,"so.rework.app_messageApp":true,"com.facebook.mlite_messageApp":true,"tut_4":true,"prefGlowScreen":true,"prefMusicOriginal":false,"pl.solidexplorer2_musicApp":true,"prefPopupLockscreen":false,"data_android":31,"prefIconApp":false,"prefAlwaysOn":true,"data_app":10028,"com.google.android.gms_messageApp":true,"com.samsung.android.messaging_messageApp":true,"prefPopupDismiss":true,"com.hv.replaio_timerApp":true,"prefProPriceSmall":"8,29 zł","com.samsung.android.app.sharelive_messageApp":true,"log_10028":true,"com.samsung.android.privateshare_messageApp":true,"prefPopupInterSingle":"0","com.facebook.katana_messageApp":true,"data_pro":true,"com.textra_messageApp":true,"com.sec.android.app.music_musicApp":true,"data_device":"SM-S906B","data_samsung_aod":"7.1.98.4","prefIconNotif":false,"pl.solidexplorer2_messageApp":true,"prefBlockPopup":false,"mega.privacy.android.app_messageApp":true,"prefPopupInterLong":"1","com.google.android.apps.translate_messageApp":true,"prefProPrice":"17,99 zł","com.google.android.apps.maps_naviApp":true,"data_battery":true,"com.sec.android.app.clockpackage_timerApp":true,"com.samsung.android.calendar_messageApp":true,"prefPopupHideOutside":true,"100":true,"seekPopupTimeout":4,"prefIconContact":true,"com.whatsapp_messageApp":true,"com.mobisystems.office_musicApp":true,"com.microsoft.appmanager_messageApp":true}

Reactions: Jawomo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should be fixed with 200113 (1.83) release. See Help > ?
    As far as I know the problem with double messages actually came with version 200133. Everything was fine b4 that.
    Should be fixed with 200113 (1.83) release. See Help > ?
    Heya, not sure fully how to use this platform but I've found a bug:

I get double-ups of any notification, including the test one

Attached below are my settings, and I'll also attach a screenshot of the bug.

Thank you!
    Most of us seem to be experiencing the same problem. Perhaps you have the "Hide in foreground" option under "General" turned off? This triggers the bug in my case. Consider keeping it ON if you really want to get rid of this bug temporarily.
    Directly from playstore. Just join beta before
    Alright I just learned that. This seems to have fixed it. No more sticky/stuttering behaviour when exiting apps. I even compared it to my screen recordings and it looks like stock. Thank you so so much!

And if I may, there's a tiny feature request (not a bug) I have. I was wondering if its possible to give us finer control over the positioning sliders. Right now I'm trying to blend the island with the status bar and a value of -41 is too low and -40 is too high (seems -40.5 would be perfect). It's something really small the equivalent of a row of pixels. If you can implement it in the next update, that'd be great. If you get to it later, it's all good. Take your time.

Asides from that everything is more or less perfect for me.

Thanks again!!!
    Hello, is it possible to keep the dynamic island in place in landscape mode??? Just like the original iPhone. Thanks

The app is GREAT!!!
    Aplikacja jest SUPER!!!

{Mod edit: Posts merged and translated. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}
    Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!
    So if you e.g. start a timer, dynamicSpot will show you the running time.

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.
    But im working on it :)

MAIN FEATURES
    • iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island feature
    • Mini multitasking for your phone
    • Support for timer apps
    • Support for music apps
    • Customizable interaction

MUSIC CONTROLS
    • Play / Pause
    • Next / Prev
    • Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
    • Timer aps: Show running timer
    • Battery: Show percentage
    • Maps: Show distance
    • Music apps: Music controls
    • More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
    s104zffv.png
    s20ktih0.png
    s162cd3m.png
    s19u6e01.png
    s22xbfno.png
    s13ac1iea.png
    Coming soon...

dynamicSpot 1.20 XDA exclusive preview:

Like? Did you spot the new feature?
    Just pushed another update dynamicSpot 1.10
    Recoded the whole animation system. No it looks way better.
    Added lots of bugfixes and optimizations

Changelog:

Bye bye old animations, hello smoooooth animations :)

• Added display settings category
    • Added optional iOS pop effect
    • Added smooth animations
    • Icon style now selectable
    • Fixed clear notifications
    • Lots of bugfixes
    • Translations updated
    • Fixes & optimizations

More to come soon!

Do you like the new animations?
    The basics work great but :
    1) When I open and close the dynamic spot app itself, the pop-up bar closes on its own. I have to stop and start the music again to retain it (Even though battery optimisation is turned off.)
    2) Please add an option to always show the "Dynamic Spot" on the same spot (pun intended) just for the feel.
    3) Add the ability for the notch to adjust itself when 2 notifications arrive because everytime a second notification arrives, it overlaps with the status bar icons.
    3) When I set a timer and exit the clock app the timer starts in the pop-up. But when I change the tracks using the dynamic spot and exit the pop-up the timer stops but in system notification it's still running.
    4) [Feature Request] when playing music, a waveform animation would be great.
    5) [Feature Request] A method to prioritise certain apps notification because definitely you want to see the new text message and other important notifications rather than seeing that your incognito tab is running.

These are just for your kind information just to help you make the app more polished. Loved all your other apps and loving this one as well. Keep up the great work. Love and peace ❤️☮️