[APP] dynamicSpot - iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island for android! iOS 17 notification popups!

Search This thread

Clifton1933

Feb 5, 2013
So, I have an OP6 that's running on stock A11, how do I turn of dual notifications? The system and dynamic spot pop-up the same notification for all apps and I want to disable the system ones.. Thanks for replying in advance.. 👍

Avinash007

Dec 31, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Great app and loved the new premium animations.
For the music player though is it possible to have a persistent dynamic spot visible? Also for the expanded pop-up can there be transparency or blur background options? This could make it match with the other system elements on OneUI.

derflor

Apr 14, 2017
@Jawomo

Is it please possible to move or have the choice to move the second notification on the left side from the pill.

I have a lot of unused space on the left but on the right the second notification overlaps my signal strength and isn't looking good.

Thanks a lot for the awesome app and your work!
Keep it going.
Regards

Rakka17

Nov 14, 2022
Screenshot_2022-12-05-00-34-40-804_com.jamworks.dynamicspot.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022
Hello there, the app keeps freezing, unresponsive to touch.
Also, I'd suggest you allow one to adjust the size of the larger pill independently from the smaller version that doesn't have a notification so that one can decide the size of each.
Thanks

miimaa

Aug 10, 2013
Rauma
Anyone who uses a smartwatch are you experiencing this:

I have a Xiaomi watch linked to my phone. When I get a notification dynamicSpot opens up first the smaller notification, then the big one and after that the smaller one again.
I get three same notifications to my watch every time.
I love dynamicSpot on my phone but notifications on my watch are driving me crazy.

Nov 21, 2022
Hey there,

The latest version doesn't seem to have horizontal size controls for the expanding popup. Please bring that, otherwise I am unable to align it perfectly with the phone edges the way i want it.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Anyone who uses a smartwatch are you experiencing this:

I have a Xiaomi watch linked to my phone. When I get a notification dynamicSpot opens up first the smaller notification, then the big one and after that the smaller one again.
I get three same notifications to my watch every time.
I love dynamicSpot on my phone but notifications on my watch are driving me crazy.
What do you mean exactly? Which notifications?

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The island, sometimes tapping it doesn't expand notifications and I have to restart it for it to respond to touch - I've experienced this problem on Infinix NOTE 12 G96
Also, on Tecno Spark 5 pro, the app causes the entire phone to freeze once I touch the island
Ok, that sounds really strange. Never seen this issue before. No idea currently how this is possible. Will check the crash reports, maybe i find something.

marciozomb13

Apr 30, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Samsung Galaxy A51
View attachment 5777273no significant updates .... 3 times updating hoping you add some new features...like delete notification soon after we perform quick reply from the expanded popup... Or just make it to auto slide the pill to the left a bit for new incoming popup, so it will be auto centered Dev.... Because the 2nd popup look so much to the right
Dude, stop pestering the dev, you are flooding the thread with silly requests like you were his boss or something, he already said stability comes first. software development is not joke, and pushing it's the worst thing you can do against any dev.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022
Ok, that sounds really strange. Never seen this issue before. No idea currently how this is possible. Will check the crash reports, maybe i find something.
I've also noted that on Infinix NOTE 12 G96, once I lock and then unlock the screen after the island is unresponsive to touch, it resumes working normally.
This freezing issue came up with the last 2 updates (I'm in beta version).

Another issue is that the music visualizer animation is always white regardless of the settings. It doesn't impact functionality though.

kaveesh

Dec 5, 2022
Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!
So if you e.g. start a timer, dynamicSpot will show you the running time.

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.
But im working on it :)

MAIN FEATURES
• iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature
• Mini multitasking for your phone
• Support for timer apps
• Support for music apps
• Customizable interaction

MUSIC CONTROLS
• Play / Pause
• Next / Prev
• Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
• Timer aps: Show running timer
• Battery: Show percentage
• Maps: Show distance
• Music apps: Music controls
• More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
Please make it auto hide when landscape mode.

yogizer

Oct 15, 2012
Abu Dhabi
For example Gmail. I have the automatic extension on.
I had kind of a similar problem with my samsung watch. My mistake was that I had opted for notifications on my watch from dynamicspot. One I removed dynamicspot from my watch notification I only get notifications from the other apps directly but not through dynamicspot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should be fixed with 200113 (1.83) release. See Help > ?
    As far as I know the problem with double messages actually came with version 200133. Everything was fine b4 that.
    Should be fixed with 200113 (1.83) release. See Help > ?
    Heya, not sure fully how to use this platform but I've found a bug:

I get double-ups of any notification, including the test one

Attached below are my settings, and I'll also attach a screenshot of the bug.

Thank you!
    Most of us seem to be experiencing the same problem. Perhaps you have the "Hide in foreground" option under "General" turned off? This triggers the bug in my case. Consider keeping it ON if you really want to get rid of this bug temporarily.
    Directly from playstore. Just join beta before
    Alright I just learned that. This seems to have fixed it. No more sticky/stuttering behaviour when exiting apps. I even compared it to my screen recordings and it looks like stock. Thank you so so much!

And if I may, there's a tiny feature request (not a bug) I have. I was wondering if its possible to give us finer control over the positioning sliders. Right now I'm trying to blend the island with the status bar and a value of -41 is too low and -40 is too high (seems -40.5 would be perfect). It's something really small the equivalent of a row of pixels. If you can implement it in the next update, that'd be great. If you get to it later, it's all good. Take your time.

Asides from that everything is more or less perfect for me.

Thanks again!!!
    Hello, is it possible to keep the dynamic island in place in landscape mode??? Just like the original iPhone. Thanks

The app is GREAT!!!
    Aplikacja jest SUPER!!!

{Mod edit: Posts merged and translated. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}
    Hi there,

with the release of iPhone 14 Pro Apple introduced Dynamic Island.

As i already created a notification light app for Samsung or Pixel phones (aodNotify) i tried to port the app to something like Dynamic Island.

In android we have no camera islands, but camera spots / cutouts. So that's when dynamicSpot was born :)

With dynamicSpot you can easily get the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island feature on your device! dynamicSpot gives you Dynamic Island's mini multitasking feature, making it easier to access recent notifications or phone events.

Just tap on the little black popup to open the displayed app, long press the popup to expand it and view more details.

iPhone's Dynamic Island is not customizable, but dynamicSpot is! You can change interaction settings, select when to show or hide the popup or which apps should appear.

As dynamicSpot uses Android's notification system it is compatible with almost all apps, like messaging notification, timer apps and even music apps!
    So if you e.g. start a timer, dynamicSpot will show you the running time.

The app is in a public beta currently and will be further optimized. Animations may not be super smooth and not all apps be compatible currently.
    But im working on it :)

MAIN FEATURES
    • iPhone 15 Pro Dynamic Island feature
    • Mini multitasking for your phone
    • Support for timer apps
    • Support for music apps
    • Customizable interaction

MUSIC CONTROLS
    • Play / Pause
    • Next / Prev
    • Touchable seekbar

SPECIAL EVENTS
    • Timer aps: Show running timer
    • Battery: Show percentage
    • Maps: Show distance
    • Music apps: Music controls
    • More to come soon!

DOWNLOAD:
    Coming soon...

dynamicSpot 1.20 XDA exclusive preview:

Like? Did you spot the new feature?
    Just pushed another update dynamicSpot 1.10
    Recoded the whole animation system. No it looks way better.
    Added lots of bugfixes and optimizations

Changelog:

Bye bye old animations, hello smoooooth animations :)

• Added display settings category
    • Added optional iOS pop effect
    • Added smooth animations
    • Icon style now selectable
    • Fixed clear notifications
    • Lots of bugfixes
    • Translations updated
    • Fixes & optimizations

More to come soon!

Do you like the new animations?
    The basics work great but :
    1) When I open and close the dynamic spot app itself, the pop-up bar closes on its own. I have to stop and start the music again to retain it (Even though battery optimisation is turned off.)
    2) Please add an option to always show the "Dynamic Spot" on the same spot (pun intended) just for the feel.
    3) Add the ability for the notch to adjust itself when 2 notifications arrive because everytime a second notification arrives, it overlaps with the status bar icons.
    3) When I set a timer and exit the clock app the timer starts in the pop-up. But when I change the tracks using the dynamic spot and exit the pop-up the timer stops but in system notification it's still running.
    4) [Feature Request] when playing music, a waveform animation would be great.
    5) [Feature Request] A method to prioritise certain apps notification because definitely you want to see the new text message and other important notifications rather than seeing that your incognito tab is running.

These are just for your kind information just to help you make the app more polished. Loved all your other apps and loving this one as well. Keep up the great work. Love and peace ❤️☮️