• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] easyHome - Capacitive homebutton for S7! NEW: Google Assistant on long press!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
banner1func2w4sfn.png

With easyHome you don't have to press your homebutton anymore!

Just touch the homebutton like the capacitive Force Touch homebutton on Galaxy S8 or iPhone 7!
Experience your Galaxy in a completely new way!

No clicking noise, no hard pressing! Easy, intuitive yet awesome!

Extend the homebutton functionality if you like and toggle recent app on your phone with a long touch!

JOIN GOOGLE COMMUNITY

MAIN FEATURES
  • Force Touch homebutton like on iPhone 7 to jump home!
  • Long touch to lock the phone, start camera, toggle last app
  • Haptic / Taptic feedback on touch
  • Touch sounds
  • Capacitive Force Touch homebutton for android!

SUPPORTED SAMSUNG GALAXY PHONES
  • Note 7
  • S7 / Edge
  • S6 / Edge
  • Note 5

Original XDA thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-easyhome-samsung-to-interact-galaxy-t3230511

Last edited:

NeeN90

Jan 25, 2012
Wake up screen home button

What i would like to see is an app that wakes up/ unlocks my Note 5 screen when is turned off. And that doesn't effect the battery that much, like 5-6 percent all day usage. Thnx ;)

Reactions: neci43

sl33pyK

Apr 6, 2017
Works great but itd be nice to have a quick toggle to turn this function on or off easily without having to open the app as it interferes with fingerprint verification. I see the blacklist option but I haven't been able to get that option to work, and I tried multiple apps that required verification.

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Thanks for pointing that out. Found the bug. will be fixed in next release. Uploading soon.

No blacklist needed for that ;)

Reactions: sl33pyK

sl33pyK

Apr 6, 2017
I'll definitely keep an eye for the update, I went ahead and got pro cause I really like this app VS other similar ones as there are more options.. And I think having blacklist is better than having to need to toggle on and off

mkim055

Jun 30, 2012
Auckland
I like this a lot more than the other one, no burst of vibration on even half a second touch.

One down side is vibration is not consistant, sometimes I get a single vibration and other times dont get vibration at all, which I much prefer.

Nice work nevertheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: guenn028

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
It is way way slower than fingertouch service app.
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Depends, if you use long press actions it surely waits shortly. But if you activate speed mode its instantly.

I'll definitely keep an eye for the update, I went ahead and got pro cause I really like this app VS other similar ones as there are more options.. And I think having blacklist is better than having to need to toggle on and off
You dont even need to blacklist in new version. You can authenticate in browser or similar and after this easyHome will kick in again automatically.

I like this a lot more than the other one, no burst of vibration on even half a second touch.
One down side is vibration is not consistant, sometimes I get a single vibration and other times dont get vibration at all, which I much prefer.
Nice work nevertheless.
You can disable vibration in the easyHome. I dont get any on my S7 here then.

This works great thanks, can i ask you what icon pack you are using in the above picture, your setup looks great, many thanks
Dont have it anymore, was one of the material themes i guess..

How different is it from the app finger touch
easyHome was created over 1,5 jears ago. It has gained lots of features and functionality over this time and works pretty flawless currently.
You can use long press actions, haptic feedback, blacklist apps and authenticate in browser or similar without problems.

Reactions: sl33pyK

sl33pyK

Apr 6, 2017
So far the new update seems to be alot better, I haven't been able to go through all of the verification needed apps to make sure but my most important ones are working.

I personally like this app over fingertouch because of the hold to launch an action, and also having the feedback option to be able to discern when a proper action was attempted or not, is a big plus for me. Maybe not haptic feedback but having sound feedback is nice for doing the long command.

Fingertouch works great too. Having a nougat quick tile is nice for when things aren't working properly. But although any tap on the sensor will go to home, since it uses your setup fingerprint signature for a reference in some way, if the finger your using isn't one setup in your system it will vibrate like a failed fingerprint attempt. I only have (1) thumbprint setup for verification in my phone but I don't always use that setup thumb to tap to go home. So I was constantly getting an error vibration and it threw me off. Also with fingertouch, you have to toggle on and off when needing to use fingerprint verification since it doesn't have a feature that will allow you to do both actions at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawomo

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Basic funtions are also free here plus you get a blacklist option.
And 1,49€ for the full version is really not too much i hope.

Fingetouch is a great app too. You luckily have the choice on android :)

vojopd

Apr 25, 2017
Prijedor
Yes, they are. It is a good app. I don't know why, but today it restarted my s7 edge for 2 times. Never had a restart in a year by phone itself. I uninstalled it and it is ok. :/

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Using easyHome since i created it and never had a reboot so far...

vojopd

Apr 25, 2017
Prijedor
Yeah, dont know what happened. Maybe some conflict in processes. Your app is great. Cheers.

sl33pyK

Apr 6, 2017
I've been using this app very heavily the last two days as I'm off of work for a short period. Once I installed the update in the OP , I noticed that the only real issue I've had at all, is sometimes if I enter into either the Google app or Chrome but on e I enter those programs easyhome no longer works, it shows it running in the notifications but untill I turn my screen off and right back on, the easy home function doesn't work.. I don't have that problem at all if I try to enter in samsung Internet beta.. Only really an issue when using GA, otherwise I use samsung net.

I had another little hiccup trying to verify a purchase on Google play but I'd imagine that the nature of the beast when turning the senor into a capacitive button. I went to purchase an app and it immediately prompted me to use my worded password cause fingerprint wasn't available at that time. I closed easyhome and then I was able to use my print.

I recently started using easyhome and a double tap to wake app to save my ADD button presses and i really like both

mkim055

Jun 30, 2012
Auckland
When I open folder from home screen, start an app within folder, and touch home button, this takes the screen back to the folder, not back to the home screen.

UPDATE
Samething when I repeat the above procedure, from app drawer folder instead.

Just wondering, is this intended?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner1func2w4sfn.png

With easyHome you don't have to press your homebutton anymore!

Just touch the homebutton like the capacitive Force Touch homebutton on Galaxy S8 or iPhone 7!
    Experience your Galaxy in a completely new way!

No clicking noise, no hard pressing! Easy, intuitive yet awesome!

Extend the homebutton functionality if you like and toggle recent app on your phone with a long touch!

JOIN GOOGLE COMMUNITY

MAIN FEATURES
    • Force Touch homebutton like on iPhone 7 to jump home!
    • Long touch to lock the phone, start camera, toggle last app
    • Haptic / Taptic feedback on touch
    • Touch sounds
    • Capacitive Force Touch homebutton for android!

SUPPORTED SAMSUNG GALAXY PHONES
    • Note 7
    • S7 / Edge
    • S6 / Edge
    • Note 5

Original XDA thread:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-easyhome-samsung-to-interact-galaxy-t3230511
    Updated easyHome 3.12
    - Added Google Assistent action

If you have any ideas for new features just tell me ;)
    Uploaded easyHome v3.11

- Fixed: Fingerprint authentication in browser or other apps
    - Stability improvements
    - Fixes & optimizations
    Wake up screen home button

What i would like to see is an app that wakes up/ unlocks my Note 5 screen when is turned off. And that doesn't effect the battery that much, like 5-6 percent all day usage. Thnx ;)
    Latest update now availanle on playstore