[APP] EasyJoin - A Decentralized and Secure Communication System

Search This thread

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Hi there.

I have created this mini Windows application to be able to open and close ports on the modem/router (port forwarding) in a simple way without having to go to the modem/router configuration page.

The name of the app is "Port Forwarding", it needs no installation and you'll find the link to download it on the website (https://easyjoin.net/index.html#otherapps).

I'm sharing it in case it can be helpful to you as well.

Last edited:

n0j0e

Hi, with the EasyJoin for Windows v3.14.4 i get a dark EasyJoin symbol in tray.
I havea dark Taskbar with white symbols in tray. The EJ versions before this was right!

Attachments

• ScreenShot - Microsoft Text Input Application 181.png
    ScreenShot - Microsoft Text Input Application 181.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 5

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Hi, with the EasyJoin for Windows v3.14.4 i get a dark EasyJoin symbol in tray.
I havea dark Taskbar with white symbols in tray. The EJ versions before this was right!

It follows the theme selected in the app. If you use a light-colored theme, the black icon is used (and vice versa) assuming that in this case the Windows theme is also the light one.

n0j0e

Big thx for this update @easyjoin!

One last question about the Windows app:
How can i disable the IP scanning in completely non existent sub networks?
I using WFC from Binisoft as Windows Firewall extension.
If i want to add a new device then its ok if i can then enable the discovery.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
How can i disable the IP scanning in completely non existent sub networks?
I using WFC from Binisoft as Windows Firewall extension.
If i want to add a new device then its ok if i can then enable the discovery.

I don't understand what is the use case you are describing. The requirement is clear to me but it's not clear to me which use case it's for.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Update for Windows

Windows "Pro" 3.15
  • All clickable items will be highlighted on mouseover.
  • When you select "Rounded corners" in the settings, on Windows 11, windows will also have a colored border.
  • Additional MMS data is sent from the Android app that allows the desktop application to display the sender of a group MMS.
    You must also update the Android (Pro) application to version 3.15.
  • Bug fixes and minor improvements.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
It's been a while since the free version of EasyJoin for Android received an update and here it is. You can get the latest apk from the site.

Android "Essential" 4.0
  • Improved the viewing of files in grid mode.
  • When viewing files with the built-in preview, you can long click a file to view it without selecting it.
  • In file-type view, you can delete and rename the selected file(s).
  • You can share multiple files.
  • Improved the retrieval of installed applications and their launch.
  • You can filter "MESSAGES" by type (text messages, files, pinned messages) and text.
  • The logic of detection of network interfaces has been modified to cover more cases.
    In this context, a problem related to the VoLTE network interface has been solved.
  • A new permission (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) has been added to be able to manage files (Android 11 and newer).
    With this permission you can save files on sdcard not only to the application folder but also to other folders.
  • A new permission (QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES) has been added to get the list of installed applications (Android 11 and newer).
  • New setting to enable notification sharing only for explicitly enabled apps.
  • Added locale for Slovenian.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Send" button disappears when the file view type is changed.
  • Fixed an issue related to file sharing with the plus symbol in the name.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EasyJoin

XDAdevelopers article

Share messages, links, files, folders, notifications and the clipboard easily and securely. Send SMS and manage phone calls from a remote device.

Internet-less: Easily connect and interact with all the devices in your network that use EasyJoin. Without pairing and Internet connection. Without ads and tracking.
    Phone calls & SMS: Send SMS (text messages) from your PC or tablet. Manage phone calls without touching your phone! (Pro)
    Files & folders: Send files and folders to multiple devices fast, accurate and without limitations. Take advantage of all the bandwidth of your network and safeguard your data plan and internet bandwidth.
    Notifications: Share the notifications between your devices. Read and reply to the notifications of your phone from your computer.
    Clipboard: Send the clipboard text from one device to another. Auto-sync the clipboards between your devices (Pro).
    Messages & Links: Send direct text messages (not SMS) and links to one or more devices even when they are offline. Once available they'll receive the pending messages!
    Remote control: Remotely control a device. You can change the volume, lock the screen, restart the device and more. (Pro)
    Safety: End-to-end encryption when you transfer files, send messages and share notifications and clipboard.
    Private network: Create your own hotspot with one click and keep your data out of the grid.
    Privacy policy: We don't collect any data from you when you use this application.

Android app
    EasyJoin "Essential": Get it from XDA labs Since xda-labs are down at the moment you can download the "Essential" version from the site: https://easyjoin.net/android_free.html
    EasyJoin "Pro": XDA thread.
    EasyJoin "Go": XDA thread.

Windows app
    Download it here.

Linux app
    Download it here.

macOS app
    Download it here.

Learn more at EasyJoin.net. If you have any issues read the FAQ to find a solution.
    From v1.0.1 you have to follow the steps below to update the Windows version:
    1. unzip the " easyjoin.portable-v*.zip" file
    2. select all files in folder "easyjoin.portable*"
    3. copy the selected files in the folder with the current installation of the program

Note: All your data (devices, messages, settings) are in the "data" folder. By following the above procedure you don't delete your data, you only update the program.
    If you have installed the Windows app v1.0 you have to uninstall it and use the live version. If you want to move your current data (messages, trusted devices and configuration) you have to:
    - open the directory "c:\users\your_user_name\appdata\local\apps\2.0"
    - locate the "easyjoin.exe" file. In the same directory exist the directory "data".
    - Copy and paste the "data" directory in the directory "easyjoin.live"
    Update for Android and Windows

Android "Essential" 2.3

Windows "Pro" 2.3
    • Prevent device to enter to sleep mode when send/receives files.
    Your app is very useful. I am using it on windows 10 and android devices. It's working very smooth.

Suggestions:

1. If possible you should add an option to select different sound for notifications.
    2. You should add theme options in future updates.
    3. In message section, Long pressing on message or file should select the message. Just like you can select message & It gives more options in whatsApp.
    4. Are you planning to make an app for iOS in future?

Uninstall guide for Windows app.

You should add step by step uninstall guide for windows app. I am a very basic windows 10 user and I am not able to uninstall the app. I am not able to find directory. It would be great if you can help me with it. Thanks in advance!

About uninstalling the windows version. All you have to do is delete the directory containing the program. Only, if you have enabled the "startup on boot", you have to disabled it in order to remove the key from the registry. Is a self contained app, if you exclude the Microsoft .NET Framework that you have installed separately, and all the files that it use are in the same folder/subfolder.

1,2 are in the todo list.
    3. will be available in the next version.
    4. Creating an iOs version is not in the current plan because I miss the hardware needed for development.