[APP] EasyJoin "Go" - A file share alternative without ads and tracking

Search This thread

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
The easiest way to send files to a device.

• Internet-less: Easily send files to all the devices in your network that use EasyJoin. Without pairing and Internet connection. Without ads and tracking.
• Files: Send photos, music, videos, documents and apks to a device fast, accurate and without limitations. Take advantage of all the bandwidth of your network and safeguard your data plan and internet bandwidth.
• Safety: End-to-end encryption when you transfer files.
• Privacy policy: We don't collect any data from you when you use the application.

There is a "Go" version for Android and Windows.
Get the Android version from XDA labs
Since xda-labs are down at the moment you can download the "Go" version from the site: https://easyjoin.net/android_free.html

Differences between Android versions "Go" and "Essential"/"Pro".
  • Less permissions. You can do less so you give less permissions.
  • When you close the app any background activity is also closed.
  • Has been removed broadcast listeners that could bring the app alive.
  • Auto accepting files is the default behavior.
  • Files are automatically saved in the corresponding system media folder based on their type.

If you need more functionalities try the "Essential" and "Pro" versions. XDA thread.

Last edited:

Freezy202

Feb 11, 2015
Unfortunately it crashes when I try to send something on my phone (HTC 10 Android 8). Furthermore it seems like the easyjoin app doesn't recognize my PC.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Unfortunately it crashes when I try to send something on my phone (HTC 10 Android 8). Furthermore it seems like the easyjoin app doesn't recognize my PC.

You give me no info about the issues. It is crash the android or the windows version? Do you get any error that you can send me? Do you have enabled the Windows app to pass through your firewall?

Freezy202

Feb 11, 2015
I have a problem with the app on my phone. After I select a file and push the arrow, all I get is a black screen and that's it until a window pops up, which states "easyjoin go doesn't respond". Now I can send you feedback with system logs. I hope this will help.
Access through firewall is enabled.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Update for Android 1.0.6

Solved an issue that could affect the search for new devices.
Bug fixes and minor improvements.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Update Android 1.0.7

Added shortcuts on app icon (Android 7.1 and later).
You can freely select multiple devices when sending a file.
Added second grid view with bigger image previews.
Privacy enhancement: android:fullBackupContent set to false.
Added Chinese translation.
Bug fixes and minor improvements.

slit

Nov 19, 2012
Thankyouthankyouthankyou! This app totally fills my needs for a reliable and simple OTA file transfer. One thing though, and forgive me if this is covered by Essential or Pro: could it be possible to change the directories (i.e. from internal to external sdcard) for the received files?

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
could it be possible to change the directories (i.e. from internal to external sdcard) for the received files?

This is possible in the other two versions but even there currently you can't write in all folders on the sdcard, only on the app folder.
Since i want to keep this version as simple as possible i prefer to not add options that are available in the other versions.

Reactions: slit

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Update for Android & Windows

Android 1.1.1
  • Added Spanish translation.
  • Bug fixes and minor improvements.

Windows 1.1

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
The purchase of this application supports the development of the Essential and Go versions.

Keep this app installed and in a next update of the versions Essential and Go there will be a little gift for you!

Thank you.

Support: EasyJoin thank you!

slit

Nov 19, 2012
Hi again!
Lately I'm having this weird problem where EasyJoin Go closes without warning while attempting to transfer any file or folder from Windows to my device. Also, when the transfer is successful, the files are partially transferred to my device (i.e. a folder with three files, only two transferred).
I recently changed my router, but everything else (windows and device side) seem to work perfect. Is there something I should take a look at?

Cheers,

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Hi again!
Lately I'm having this weird problem where EasyJoin Go closes without warning while attempting to transfer any file or folder from Windows to my device

Hi. Please read the FAQ and especially this: https://easyjoin.net/faq.html?15.

Are you using the latest version of the Android app? In this version a notification is created during sending/receiving a file that should prevent Android to suspend the app.

slit

Nov 19, 2012

Are you using the latest version of the Android app? In this version a notification is created during sending/receiving a file that should prevent Android to suspend the app.

Yes, updated both (W10 + Play Store) yesterday after seeing your update available. Sadly it's still a no go. Yes, I did check the FAQ beforehand.
What I find strange is that it feels like a trial and error, and when it works, it only transfers partially as I mentioned in my previous post :confused:

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.

slit

Nov 19, 2012
Now it seems to work perfectly. I bought the Thank you! gift on Google Play. Thanks again, and merry xmas!

Reactions: easyjoin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The easiest way to send files to a device.

• Internet-less: Easily send files to all the devices in your network that use EasyJoin. Without pairing and Internet connection. Without ads and tracking.
    • Files: Send photos, music, videos, documents and apks to a device fast, accurate and without limitations. Take advantage of all the bandwidth of your network and safeguard your data plan and internet bandwidth.
    • Safety: End-to-end encryption when you transfer files.
    • Privacy policy: We don't collect any data from you when you use the application.

There is a "Go" version for Android and Windows.
    Get the Android version from XDA labs
    Since xda-labs are down at the moment you can download the "Go" version from the site: https://easyjoin.net/android_free.html

Differences between Android versions "Go" and "Essential"/"Pro".
    • Less permissions. You can do less so you give less permissions.
    • When you close the app any background activity is also closed.
    • Has been removed broadcast listeners that could bring the app alive.
    • Auto accepting files is the default behavior.
    • Files are automatically saved in the corresponding system media folder based on their type.

If you need more functionalities try the "Essential" and "Pro" versions. XDA thread.
    I have a problem with the app on my phone. After I select a file and push the arrow, all I get is a black screen and that's it until a window pops up, which states "easyjoin go doesn't respond".

Let me know if the issue persist with the next update (1.0.1 v2).
    could it be possible to change the directories (i.e. from internal to external sdcard) for the received files?

This is possible in the other two versions but even there currently you can't write in all folders on the sdcard, only on the app folder.
    Since i want to keep this version as simple as possible i prefer to not add options that are available in the other versions.
    Update for Android & Windows

Android 1.1.1

Windows 1.1
    Hi again!
    Lately I'm having this weird problem where EasyJoin Go closes without warning while attempting to transfer any file or folder from Windows to my device