[App] Edge Lighting fix for all Apps (ACTUAL Edge Lighting)

Search This thread

AmINoS007

Apr 19, 2014
I have done that but apps do not work when screen is off, they work when screen is on but can't manage to make them work as they should. On the edge panel I have selected all apps I want as well as on the fix app. On settings I have selected the color I want them to be and it works just fine with screen on.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Forget what I have just said for some strange reason they work now, I don't know why or how but thanks. They only problem is that they seem to be a bit laggy but that's not a big problem. I hope they fix this in a near future thanks a lot
Well Im happy for you, and yeah it's a bit laggy your right and I hope it can be fixed soon, for the moment I use multicolour effect on screen edge not just the notch I can tell you can't really notice the lag with this one, I recommend using it until an update take place to fix this lag

Zunderstruck

May 29, 2019
Only works for me when I pick an animation that doesn't have custom colors. The other ones show up, but are very very dim even with the transparency set low.

Set up custom color for each app as instructed. Default color for my app's edge lighting is black (because of the icon), so it's barely noticeable.

bhardwajshash

Mar 12, 2015
With my app, notifications shouldn't wake your screen up but give you an edge light.

When you get in the menu for custom color, you have to allow my app ("Edge Lighting for all Apps") to send Edge Lighting notifications.

Edit: do you understand that Edge Lighting will prevent notifications from turning the screen on but instead display some kind of edge light while keeping your screen off?

The app is always waking the screen for me. How can I disable this? I even reinstalled the app.

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
Does this app allow for the phone screen to be off (without the AOD being on) and if a notification comes in, it makes the outer circle of the camera light up until I cancel or check the notification?

MegaPaulBlart

Sep 12, 2019
Is there a way to get the proper colors according to apps and the duration of the notifications that I set up in the Edge Lighting settings to work?

The color is currently always white (the color of the Edge Lighting fix App)
And the duration is too short, I already set up the duration in the Edge Lighting Settings, but it has no effect on when the screen is off.

almighal

Sep 8, 2019
Is there a way to get the proper colors according to apps and the duration of the notifications that I set up in the Edge Lighting settings to work?

The color is currently always white (the color of the Edge Lighting fix App)
And the duration is too short, I already set up the duration in the Edge Lighting Settings, but it has no effect on when the screen is off.

Me too, all app colors when display is off are blue like the edge lighting fix app color

Any solution?

demonizator

Jan 27, 2008
Burgas
Hey there, just installed and purchased your app, it seems to work great so far! Any plans to include more (original) icons, especially for Messenger? I believe most of us install your app because of Messenger, since it's the only popular app that does not work with Edge Lightning..

Reactions: koragg97

C'mon Bruh

Feb 5, 2021
Get actual Samsung Edge Lighting Notifications with any app while your screen is off!

Since we all know Samsung only did half the job with this feature, this app will enable you to trigger Edge Lighting (the real one !) when your screen is off. It works with any app by reading the app notification creating a new temporary notification that triggers edge lighting (you won't notice it in your notification list).

You can set custom color filters for your apps, based on their names.

Features:
  • Real Samsung Edge Lighting
  • Extremely minimal battery drain
  • No fake AOD Screen
  • Works with ANY app (including Messenger!)

Initial setup is a bit tedious, but that's mostly Samsung's fault.

Any suggestion to improve the app is -of course- welcome!

Download link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.zunder.edgelightingfixforallappsv2
The app* asks for much access, in particular ability to turn off Do Not Disturb. Is there a setting to prevent it from bypassing DnD permanently, without having to turn off edge lighting along with turning on DnD? Of course I could wait for Samsung to honor its own schedule of rolling out One Ui 3.0, which -- supposedly -- fixes the Edge Lighting not working when screen is off issue, but that rollout was supposed to take place in January for S10, it is February and no word still on when it will be available.

Please advise.
Thanks!

* Edge Lighting Fix for All Apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get actual Samsung Edge Lighting Notifications with any app while your screen is off!

Since we all know Samsung only did half the job with this feature, this app will enable you to trigger Edge Lighting (the real one !) when your screen is off. It works with any app by reading the app notification creating a new temporary notification that triggers edge lighting (you won't notice it in your notification list).

You can set custom color filters for your apps, based on their names.

Features:
    • Real Samsung Edge Lighting
    • Extremely minimal battery drain
    • No fake AOD Screen
    • Works with ANY app (including Messenger!)

Initial setup is a bit tedious, but that's mostly Samsung's fault.

Any suggestion to improve the app is -of course- welcome!

Download link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.zunder.edgelightingfixforallappsv2
    Patch notes:

Users using a version priori to 1.2 need to install a new version of the app from the market (link updated in the first post)!

v1.24
    Fixed an issue that caused the app to crash for some users.

v1.23
    Added a custom icon feature for each app (Premium feature)

v1.22
    Added a switch to enable/disable display of system apps in the list

v1.21
    Fixed a switch display bug when using the search feature.

v1.2
    Just to explain: I had to create a new app on Play store because, for whatever reason, the Play Console won't let me update the old one.
    - New super sexy interface
    - Filter search
    - In-app support purchase to remove ads

v1.07
    Added support for Do not Disturb mode. You can still bypass it in the notification parameters on my app, but there is no way so far I can make it work on a per application basis.

v1.06
    Taping an app icon now now copies its name to the clipboard for faster filters setup.

v1.05
    Added a detailed help screen

v1.04
    Finally added an icon for the app

v1.03
    Fixed the issue about the switches resetting when you scroll
    Cool work going on here, its nice to see such development in progress on XDA.
    Especially like you said, you are a beginning developer.
    Keep up the great work! :good:

Regarding the use of the icons like whatsapp and facebook and such, not entirely sure this is under IP trademarks.
    I think they are "common" used in lots of apps, like the "contact us on x for support" along coming with the specific icons of said services.
    So personally i would not worry to much about those.
    I for instance used them in a lot of my work/themes and half of the themers/devs on xda do the same.

Anyway, up to you but we on XDA will not make a problem about it unless they file a C&D or something hahaha :cool:

Again, keep up the good work...for what its worth i upgraded to pro ;)
    I doubt it, but up to you.
    There's a gazillion of icon packs in the playstore that have all the icons of major companies like Whatsapp, Facebook, Telegram etc etc.
    To my knowledge those never caused any trouble.

If you don't want to extract them from dedicated apps, just Google them :)

Just spent all morning troubleshooting crash issues that occured to ~1% of users, I'll call it a day and see how I'll improve the icons features tomorrow :D
    Please do something with the list of applications because is difficult to navigate through all apps and system apps. I think it is a good ideea to display the apps like the system do: only if you want you can display system apps, like the phone's menu do.
    I've noticed even if I select an app and after that I search that app on list it appears unchecked. But if I scroll the list after that I find that it is checked...

Overall, app is great and I supported it!

Hi, the uncked app using the search feature was a variable name mistake. It's been fixed as soon as I became aware of it, so if you head to the play store you should see an update is available (1.21).

I'll try and work on the system apps (soooo many requested features I have to work on lol). It's easy to see if an app is system, so it should be easily doable.
    [Edit] New version (1.22) with system app filter is uploaded, just wait for it to be available on play store.

And thanks for the support!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone