• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[App] Edge Lighting fix for all Apps (ACTUAL Edge Lighting)

Search This thread

Zunderstruck

May 29, 2019
I bought the premium version, but after a few days google refunded my purchase. Why?

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

Because of a flaw in my code that didn't acknowledge the transaction and if it's not acknowledged, after a while it's refuned (I'm still a noob android developer). I was glad I made a little money with this app but now Google is refunding everyone...

Should be fixed now though.

D3ngu3

Jun 9, 2019
Great app! :D
A sugestion: insert a "scroll back to top" button, because the app list is very long, specially when "display system apps" is switched on.

Zunderstruck

May 29, 2019
With the last update, it's been very battery hungry and is about using 200+mb memory as well and also Google refunded what I paid you

There shouldn't have been any change in battery drain since 4 days at least. My phone still looses ~1% battery/h if I don't use it.

Thank you for pointing out the RAM issue, I'll see what I can do to reduce that.

And for the refunds, as explained above, it was a flaw in my code about purchases. It's been fixed a couple days ago.

Reactions: marcoazeem

marcoazeem

Apr 15, 2017
There shouldn't have been any change in battery drain since 4 days at least. My phone still looses ~1% battery/h if I don't use it.

Thank you for pointing out the RAM issue, I'll see what I can do to reduce that.

And for the refunds, as explained above, it was a flaw in my code about purchases. It's been fixed a couple days ago.

I'll repurchase it again ?

Reactions: Zunderstruck

Zunderstruck

May 29, 2019
With the last update, it's been very battery hungry and is about using 200+mb memory as well and also Google refunded what I paid you

OK I monitored battery and memory last night
- It uses 200MB only if you leave the app open. If you close the app after you're done setting it up, the notification listener itself uses ~10MB.
- I went to bed last night with 100% battery, watched Netflix for 1 hour, slept for 8 and phone was at 88% when I woke up. Sounds ok to me.

marcoazeem

Apr 15, 2017
OK I monitored battery and memory last night
- It uses 200MB only if you leave the app open. If you close the app after you're done setting it up, the notification listener itself uses ~10MB.
- I went to bed last night with 100% battery, watched Netflix for 1 hour, slept for 8 and phone was at 88% when I woke up. Sounds ok to me.

Oh ok, mine went from 68 to 26 in 3 hours with just Whatsapp and I uninstalled the app and it last from 25 to 5 percent till I got home since then. Let me install it again and see

D3ngu3

Jun 9, 2019
In your app, some apps aren't shown in the non system app list (like YouTube). That's because this apps can't be uninstalled (just disabled)?

bkeaver

Dec 10, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Do you have any spaces at the end of your words? This happened to me and once I removed them it started showing the correct color for me. Just a thought...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mindstormer

Dec 3, 2012
I am using the Signal app and on occasion I have found Samsung's Edge Lighting to actually work. No idea why it's not consistent though. As a developer, do you know what may be causing this? I would assume an app either works with Edge Light or doesn't.

Also, have you considered making this app open-source?

thelobster

Jun 6, 2010
After the last update my issues seems to have been fixed, except my edge lighting isnt working the way it should. Instead of edge lighting turning on. My whole screen turns on when I get a notification. It doesnt bother me as much, because in a way I at least know I am getting a notification. What is the issue here? Do i have a setting turned on wrong?

Zunderstruck

May 29, 2019
After the last update my issues seems to have been fixed, except my edge lighting isnt working the way it should. Instead of edge lighting turning on. My whole screen turns on when I get a notification. It doesnt bother me as much, because in a way I at least know I am getting a notification. What is the issue here? Do i have a setting turned on wrong?

If the screen turns on, there is something wrong in your edge lighting parameters. Have you checked that you enabled it for my app, if you reinstalled it?

Zunderstruck

May 29, 2019
Just installed it and it works like charm! Does it have notification reminder?
I saw the notification coming but what after that?

The power of the S10 Plus be with you

No reminder for now, the app just triggers edge lighting as intended by Samsung.

I will add a reminder feature though, but since I want minimal battery drain I have to make tests over several hours when I try something new, so it will take some time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get actual Samsung Edge Lighting Notifications with any app while your screen is off!

Since we all know Samsung only did half the job with this feature, this app will enable you to trigger Edge Lighting (the real one !) when your screen is off. It works with any app by reading the app notification creating a new temporary notification that triggers edge lighting (you won't notice it in your notification list).

You can set custom color filters for your apps, based on their names.

Features:
    • Real Samsung Edge Lighting
    • Extremely minimal battery drain
    • No fake AOD Screen
    • Works with ANY app (including Messenger!)

Initial setup is a bit tedious, but that's mostly Samsung's fault.

Any suggestion to improve the app is -of course- welcome!

Download link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.zunder.edgelightingfixforallappsv2
    Patch notes:

Users using a version priori to 1.2 need to install a new version of the app from the market (link updated in the first post)!

v1.24
    Fixed an issue that caused the app to crash for some users.

v1.23
    Added a custom icon feature for each app (Premium feature)

v1.22
    Added a switch to enable/disable display of system apps in the list

v1.21
    Fixed a switch display bug when using the search feature.

v1.2
    Just to explain: I had to create a new app on Play store because, for whatever reason, the Play Console won't let me update the old one.
    - New super sexy interface
    - Filter search
    - In-app support purchase to remove ads

v1.07
    Added support for Do not Disturb mode. You can still bypass it in the notification parameters on my app, but there is no way so far I can make it work on a per application basis.

v1.06
    Taping an app icon now now copies its name to the clipboard for faster filters setup.

v1.05
    Added a detailed help screen

v1.04
    Finally added an icon for the app

v1.03
    Fixed the issue about the switches resetting when you scroll
    Cool work going on here, its nice to see such development in progress on XDA.
    Especially like you said, you are a beginning developer.
    Keep up the great work! :good:

Regarding the use of the icons like whatsapp and facebook and such, not entirely sure this is under IP trademarks.
    I think they are "common" used in lots of apps, like the "contact us on x for support" along coming with the specific icons of said services.
    So personally i would not worry to much about those.
    I for instance used them in a lot of my work/themes and half of the themers/devs on xda do the same.

Anyway, up to you but we on XDA will not make a problem about it unless they file a C&D or something hahaha :cool:

Again, keep up the good work...for what its worth i upgraded to pro ;)
    I doubt it, but up to you.
    There's a gazillion of icon packs in the playstore that have all the icons of major companies like Whatsapp, Facebook, Telegram etc etc.
    To my knowledge those never caused any trouble.

If you don't want to extract them from dedicated apps, just Google them :)

Just spent all morning troubleshooting crash issues that occured to ~1% of users, I'll call it a day and see how I'll improve the icons features tomorrow :D
    Please do something with the list of applications because is difficult to navigate through all apps and system apps. I think it is a good ideea to display the apps like the system do: only if you want you can display system apps, like the phone's menu do.
    I've noticed even if I select an app and after that I search that app on list it appears unchecked. But if I scroll the list after that I find that it is checked...

Overall, app is great and I supported it!

Hi, the uncked app using the search feature was a variable name mistake. It's been fixed as soon as I became aware of it, so if you head to the play store you should see an update is available (1.21).

I'll try and work on the system apps (soooo many requested features I have to work on lol). It's easy to see if an app is system, so it should be easily doable.
    [Edit] New version (1.22) with system app filter is uploaded, just wait for it to be available on play store.

And thanks for the support!