[APP] Edge Sense Plus ◦ Customize Active Edge on your Pixel4 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

digitaldazz

Jul 4, 2008
Squeeze not working

Love this app, but struggling to get it working on android 11 on the pixel 4xl.
Have magisk installed with Ex kernel. The stange thing is that the app works when I am in edge android squeeze settings but when I close the settings page the squeeze does not register. Gave the app all permissions and root access and no other magisk apps installed v70 installed and magisk canary build.

Any ideas?

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Have magisk installed with Ex kernel. The stange thing is that the app works when I am in edge android squeeze settings but when I close the settings page the squeeze does not register. Gave the app all permissions and root access and no other magisk apps installed v70 installed and magisk canary build.

Any ideas?

Can you pull a logcat?

matssa

Jan 8, 2015
What files do you need in order to update the app on the pixel 4 xl since you don't own the device? I can give you that if you need.

digitaldazz

Jul 4, 2008
That has got it working, many thanks.
Only difference is that it shows the assistant colour bars on the bottom of screen, even with assistant turned off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201008-195220.jpg
    Screenshot_20201008-195220.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 195

Zander_Sig

Apr 19, 2012
Freaking awesome! I'm gonna have to try this! Thank you @j to the 4n!!!

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Awesome! I just sent you some money! Now... How do I disable the bottom of the screen from turning white when I squeeze my Pixel 4 XL?

Zander_Sig

Apr 19, 2012
Well.... Now for some reason Active Edge had stopped working. I did a restart but it didn't help anything. Any suggestions?

Zander_Sig

Apr 19, 2012
Same problem

Can you pull a logcat?

Any ideas?
I'm having the same problems and before I updated to 11 it was working fine and I gave the developer money. Now on 11 it is not working... Is there any hope to get it back working?

mrroks

Nov 23, 2012
Karachi
superuserhelp.com
hello.

I have a pixel 2 xl. I set it as default assist app done the adb strings still it says disabled in active edge. In my active edge system wide settings there is nothing to be configured or showing edge sense plus. Please help. Non rooted Pixel 2 xl on android 10. Thanks

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
hello.

I have a pixel 2 xl. I set it as default assist app done the adb strings still it says disabled in active edge. In my active edge system wide settings there is nothing to be configured or showing edge sense plus. Please help. Non rooted Pixel 2 xl on android 10. Thanks

There hasn't to be anything in the native active edge settings to be configured besides that the "launch GA on Squeeze" enabled.
Configuration happens in my app Edge sense plus

ynuance

Jan 26, 2016
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
On pixel 4 android 11 with root, the long squeeze will not working always when screen been turned off for a few minutes. The device will vibrate but nothing else.
If I make long squeeze right one or two minutes after turning off the screen, the app will action normally.
The single squeeze works fine when screen turned off.

PS: I tried again and have checked the logcat, can not find longsqueeze log but only shortsqueeze log.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    113.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is Edge Sense Plus?

Edge Sense Plus was initially just meant for the HTC U series. It let's you customize the squeeze action and adds some more squeeze gestures and features.
    But with the Pixel2 and Pixel3 also coming with a squeezable frame I found a way to make it compatible too.
    Since google locked active edge down to just only be able to start Assistant it will require a device rooted with magisk

Requirements

• it works both on rooted and unrooted devices, the unrooted version is a bit limited on features though and requires you to make Edge Sense Plus the Default assistant
    • Install the Active Edge System Mod Magisk Module from the MagiskManager Repo and the EdgeSensePlus from the playstore and you are ready to go!

Telegram Group

Join Telegram Edge Sense Plus Group

How does it work

To make it working on the Pixel3 I had to modify the SystemUIGoogle.apk that runs the ElmyraService (Service that processes the squeeze gestures).
    I intercept the events and pass them to the EdgeSensePlus Application that starts the appropriate action then that you selected.
    Some more adjustments were made, so the squeezing also works when you are in immersive mode, camera or when Google Assistant is deactivated/uninstalled.

With Android 10 it works now also on unrooted devices but it requires you to make Edge Sense Plus the Default assistant
    I think Jan update broke the mod

It didn't. The mod disabled itself to prevent possible bottloops.. with every new patch level you need to wait for me to update the mod and then you need to reinstall it.
    I cannot seem to enable the module on my P4XL. It's installed, but if I enable, reboot, it's disabled again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's the bootloop protection of my module.
    When an Security patch gets released I need to make the module compatible first.
    Takes usually 24h when I have all files. Give me another hour and it will be done.
    Then just reinstall the module.
    I'm seeing a new thing happening since the December update - when I squeeze, an overlay appears at the bottom of the screen like Google assistant is listening. Goes away after a few seconds, but is there any way to get rid of it completely?

I'll provide an option to disable it with the next patch level....if I don't forget :D
    @j to the 4n What's new in v56? :) there is no info for v56 in Magisk.

We fixed an issue where installing an updated magisk module before the new patch level can result into a bootloop.