• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] Energy Notch - camera notch as battery indicator for OnePlus 6!

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Download now from Google Play Store! And if you like, please leave a rating. :)

Energy Notch is exclusive for OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T, Xiaomi POCO F1, Redmi Note 7/S, Motorola One Power

If you have a device with a camera notch, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
Energy Bar
Energy Ring - General Edition!
Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
Energy Ring - Galaxy S20 Edition!
Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

Energy-Notch-Icon-for-XDA.png
Adds a configurable Energy Notch around the camera notch indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Notch adds an accent to your phone's camera notch.

Energy-Notch-Charging-Animation.gif

Got a full charge? The Notch will be wrapping the entire curve of your notch like an arc.
Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Notch.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Notch can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
✓ Energy Notch puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
✓ Energy Notch direction can be configured as left/center/right
✓ Energy Notch can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
✓ Energy Notch can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
✓ Energy Notch could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
✓ Energy Notch has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

eb-showcase.png

All that is cool! But what about Energy Notch consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Notch more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Notch sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Notch. Once awake, Energy Notch quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Notch goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
Android requires Energy Notch to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.

pdppdp

Feb 16, 2011
Which rom? OxygenOS or custom rom? Because maybe rom identificaton problem on custom rom (lineageos, pixenos etc). Or maybe localizaton. I use English(united states) languages.
Oxygen OS 5.1.11 (8.1 Oreo) with xxx nolimits (magisk module). But I tried everything. Uninstalling custom rom, with and without root. Reflashing full rom. But still

Shyciii

Oct 12, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
Where does it say that? Can't find any information on android version.
And yes, android 8.1 because I didn't like pie and wanted xposed running. Never tried 10 but I'm fine with oreo because everything works like expected.

Aham. For everyone works with android 10 (10.3.3, 10.3.4), just not for you. And the error message is not compatible...So, just think...
Anyway, developers are no longer paying attention to being backward compatible with outdated android version (new programs)

pdppdp

Feb 16, 2011
Aham. For everyone works with android 10 (10.3.3, 10.3.4), just not for you. And the error message is not compatible...So, just think...
Anyway, developers are no longer paying attention to being backward compatible with outdated android version (new programs)
I am fine with that but there should be at least a note for the minimum android version.
I am also running a samsung galaxy from work and it is a newer device and it is also on oreo and I can't do sh** to update that device. This is android... Google is not able, willing or just to damn stupid to implement a proper update system. We all know that, so there should be a small 10+ in the xda thread because we are able to read more than two sentences.

Edit: I would be thankful if someone would upload the apk because I could test and give feedback.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I found an alternative here on xda that is working on your so called outdated android version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Energy Notch is exclusive for OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T, Xiaomi POCO F1, Redmi Note 7/S, Motorola One Power

If you have a device with a camera notch, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
    Energy Bar
    Energy Ring - General Edition!
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S20 Edition!
    Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

Energy-Notch-Icon-for-XDA.png
    Adds a configurable Energy Notch around the camera notch indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Notch adds an accent to your phone's camera notch.

Energy-Notch-Charging-Animation.gif

Got a full charge? The Notch will be wrapping the entire curve of your notch like an arc.
    Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Notch.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Notch can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
    ✓ Energy Notch puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
    ✓ Energy Notch direction can be configured as left/center/right
    ✓ Energy Notch can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
    ✓ Energy Notch can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
    ✓ Energy Notch could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
    ✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
    ✓ Energy Notch has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

eb-showcase.png

All that is cool! But what about Energy Notch consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Notch more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Notch sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Notch. Once awake, Energy Notch quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Notch goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
    Android requires Energy Notch to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.