[App] Energy Notch - camera notch as battery indicator for OnePlus 6T!

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Download now from Google Play Store! And if you like, please leave a rating. :)

Energy Notch is exclusive for OnePlus 6T

If you have a device with a camera notch, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
Energy Bar
Energy Ring - General Edition!
Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
Energy Ring - Galaxy S20 Edition!
Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

Energy-Notch-Icon-for-XDA.png
Adds a configurable Energy Notch around the camera notch indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Notch adds an accent to your phone's camera notch.

Energy-Notch-Charging-Animation.gif

Got a full charge? The Notch will be wrapping the entire curve of your notch like an arc.
Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Notch.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Notch can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
✓ Energy Notch puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
✓ Energy Notch direction can be configured as left/center/right
✓ Energy Notch can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
✓ Energy Notch can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
✓ Energy Notch could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
✓ Energy Notch has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

eb-showcase.png

All that is cool! But what about Energy Notch consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Notch more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Notch sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Notch. Once awake, Energy Notch quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Notch goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
Android requires Energy Notch to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
Super, installed it.
Works perfect.
Gonna test it.

Could this app be made / configured / adjusted / customized for messages, email etc. notifications?

Could you make it, like your Energy Ring apps?

Would be awesome.

Rated it 5 *:laugh:

Bought you a Beer:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-093450.jpg
    Screenshot_20200712-093450.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 2,131
Last edited:
Super, installed it.
Works perfect.
Gonna test it.

Could this app be made / configured / adjusted / customized for messages, email etc. notifications?

Could you make it, like your Energy Ring apps?

Would be awesome.

Bought you a Beer:)
Hello, when I downloaded from the playstore it said that it installed. I don't see I don't see it in download folder. Can you tell me how you were able to install and, use? *edit, I got it.

Last edited:

krohme

Jan 22, 2010
Awesome! Gonna give this a go, play store says my device is not compatible :eek: I'm on a custom ROM, any one know how to get around this?

kmr168401

Jul 2, 2016
OnePlus 6T
Hi thanks for this application, it is working in my 6t perfectly, I don't care about battery usage of this app, because my mobile is already 2 years old so I seriously don't care, any way I will donate a small amount, I really like to donate galaxy large but my situation is not allowing me now but in near future I will:victory:

I did 5 star review in google play store

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200713-163701.jpg
    Screenshot_20200713-163701.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,288
Last edited:

krohme

Jan 22, 2010
@jagan2 thanks for this awesome release :cowboy:

Can anything be done for the OnePlus 6t users here, who encounter the 'device not supported' play store issue?

kmr168401

Jul 2, 2016
OnePlus 6T
Hi
I have one issue but I am not sure what it is so kindly advice me I added the screen shot of it, it says authentication failed I really don't know what it is kindly help me to understand it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200713-203545.jpg
    Screenshot_20200713-203545.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 567

Can anything be done for the OnePlus 6t users here, who encounter the 'device not supported' play store issue?
Maybe he will upload the APK here. Or Change your device fingerprint temporarily and then change it back with this

Last edited:
When I installed and, enabled. I saw a battery bar that was in the status bar area. Looking in the settings I saw that you could move the bar to the top of the status bar or under the icons on the status bar. Does anyone know how to get the battery bar to outline the notch only on the 6t like it is in the picture in the post?

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Hi @jagan2! Thank you very much for sharing your creation with us. I've - naturally - dropped a 5-star rating on the Play Store. Probably the best implementation I've seen so far.
I noticed that when selecting gradient, it tells me this is a "trial" feature but I don't seem to be able to trial this. It reverts back to segments when exiting the configuration so I'm guessing it's unfortunately named "trial feature" while it should be "donation feature" or similar.
The settings are very intuitive and stick with the KISS principle. I think you deserve a more slick app icon to match this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Energy Notch is exclusive for OnePlus 6T

If you have a device with a camera notch, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
    Energy Bar
    Energy Ring - General Edition!
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S20 Edition!
    Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

Energy-Notch-Icon-for-XDA.png
    Adds a configurable Energy Notch around the camera notch indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Notch adds an accent to your phone's camera notch.

Energy-Notch-Charging-Animation.gif

Got a full charge? The Notch will be wrapping the entire curve of your notch like an arc.
    Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Notch.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Notch can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
    ✓ Energy Notch puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
    ✓ Energy Notch direction can be configured as left/center/right
    ✓ Energy Notch can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
    ✓ Energy Notch can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
    ✓ Energy Notch could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
    ✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
    ✓ Energy Notch has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

eb-showcase.png

All that is cool! But what about Energy Notch consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Notch more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Notch sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Notch. Once awake, Energy Notch quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Notch goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
    Android requires Energy Notch to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.

Maybe he will upload the APK here. Or Change your device fingerprint temporarily and then change it back with this
    Hi @jagan2! Thank you very much for sharing your creation with us. I've - naturally - dropped a 5-star rating on the Play Store. Probably the best implementation I've seen so far.
    I noticed that when selecting gradient, it tells me this is a "trial" feature but I don't seem to be able to trial this. It reverts back to segments when exiting the configuration so I'm guessing it's unfortunately named "trial feature" while it should be "donation feature" or similar.
    The settings are very intuitive and stick with the KISS principle. I think you deserve a more slick app icon to match this.
    Am on Pixen OS and it says device is incompatible
    Any chance of getting this on the 7T?