[App] Energy Notch - camera notch as battery indicator for OnePlus 7T!

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Download now from Google Play Store! And if you like, please leave a rating. :)

Energy Notch is exclusive for OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T, Xiaomi POCO F1, Redmi Note 7/S, Motorola One Power

If you have a device with a camera notch, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
Energy Bar
Energy Ring - General Edition!
Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
Energy Ring - Galaxy S20 Edition!
Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

Energy-Notch-Icon-for-XDA.png
Adds a configurable Energy Notch around the camera notch indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Notch adds an accent to your phone's camera notch.

Energy-Notch-Charging-Animation.gif

Got a full charge? The Notch will be wrapping the entire curve of your notch like an arc.
Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Notch.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Notch can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
✓ Energy Notch puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
✓ Energy Notch direction can be configured as left/center/right
✓ Energy Notch can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
✓ Energy Notch can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
✓ Energy Notch could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
✓ Energy Notch has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

eb-showcase.png

All that is cool! But what about Energy Notch consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Notch more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Notch sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Notch. Once awake, Energy Notch quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Notch goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
Android requires Energy Notch to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.

SgtMacabre

Apr 27, 2012
New York City
Sorry for Dbl post..

Looks great!! Great job OP!!

Well done and great Idea!!

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200718-003611.jpg
    Screenshot_20200718-003611.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,629

maortrol

Aug 16, 2008
Málaga
Great app, I like it very much, congratulations @jagan2 :D

I'd like to report a little bug I've found.

In my OnePlus 7T (Android 10) the "Gradient" option in Color Configuration is not working properly. After a full charge, the bar colours gets reversed: if I set the colours green (to the left) and red (to the right), it shows a green-to-red bar (from left to right), instead the proper red-to-green bar, regardless of the option chosen in Notch Direction, "Left" or "Right" ("Center" option seems to be working properly with this). And for example, if I try "Merged Segments", it works properly, showing a red-green bar (from left to right), and if I change the Notch Direction to "Right", it shows a green-red bar, that is ok. So the problem seems to be only in the Gradient option. Nevertheless, after a while, the bar gets in the righ direction again, and the problem is solved by itself (don't know how or why).

Maybe you can check it to find the problem and fix it in a future update.

Thank you again ;)

EDIT: I think I've found the reason: the colour bar is inverted (using the "Gradient" option) only when the battery is 100%. When it decreases to 99% and below, the colour bar is ok. I dit the following test: I fully charged my OnePlus 7T and at 100% the colour bar was inverted; I started to use the phone, and after a few minutes, just when the battery level dropped from 100% to 99%, the colour bar got OK again. So it seems to be a problem with the "Gradient" option at the 100% level of battery, cause it shows inverted colours in the bar; but below 100%, the bar is OK and shows the colours properly. This issue at 100% battery level is not present when using "Merged Segments".

Last edited:

Mr_Happy

Apr 9, 2008
Installed it and it says my phone is not supported....
Weird...

Ahh.. It needs internet access...

Why is that?

Reactions: dedovec

J03llV

Jan 27, 2013
OnePlus 5
Huawei P30 Pro
Looks amazing! Using it as we speak. The only thing I dont like and is a bit counterintuitive is the customization of the segments. Adding and removing is not logical and changing the color all the time doesnt really feel great. Maybe a simpler system?

Mr_Happy

Apr 9, 2008
Weird...

Why is that?

Installed it on my 7T (OOS 10.0.0.11) and worked (after giving it access to internet through AFWall. @jagan2 Why does it need internet access??).
After recent update of OOS it doesn't work anymore.
After giving it access to internet once again it says my phone isn't supported.... (It says the same on previous rom version when it had no internet access).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Energy Notch is exclusive for OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T, Xiaomi POCO F1, Redmi Note 7/S, Motorola One Power

If you have a device with a camera notch, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
    Energy Bar
    Energy Ring - General Edition!
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S20 Edition!
    Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

Energy-Notch-Icon-for-XDA.png
    Adds a configurable Energy Notch around the camera notch indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Notch adds an accent to your phone's camera notch.

Energy-Notch-Charging-Animation.gif

Got a full charge? The Notch will be wrapping the entire curve of your notch like an arc.
    Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Notch.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Notch can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
    ✓ Energy Notch puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
    ✓ Energy Notch direction can be configured as left/center/right
    ✓ Energy Notch can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
    ✓ Energy Notch can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
    ✓ Energy Notch could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
    ✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
    ✓ Energy Notch has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

eb-showcase.png

All that is cool! But what about Energy Notch consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Notch more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Notch sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Notch. Once awake, Energy Notch quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Notch goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
    Android requires Energy Notch to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.

Weird...

Why is that?
    What do you mean it needs internet access
    If I remove all data, disable wifi/internet for the app and start it, it says 7t is not supported when i want to enable it.
    Only after turning internet on i can enable it...
    Can someone upload the apk please? The market says the 7t is incompatible on the resurrection rom. Thanks.
    This would be amazing if it could work as a notification light instead of battery. Really miss that feature