[App] Energy Ring - Battery indicator for Galaxy S10/e/+!

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Download now from Google Play Store! And if you like, please leave a rating. :)

Energy Ring is exclusive for Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+.

Similar Apps for other Devices:
Energy Bar - http://bit.ly/eb_xda
Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+ - http://bit.ly/ebc_xda
Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9 - http://bit.ly/ebc8_xda

energy-ring-logo.png
Adds a configurable Energy Ring around the camera lens indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Ring adds an accent to your phone's camera lens.

Got a full charge? The Ring will be a 360 degree wrap around the front camera lens.
Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Ring.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Ring can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
✓ Energy Ring puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
✓ Energy Ring's direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
✓ Energy Ring can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
✓ Energy Ring can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
✓ Energy Ring could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
✓ Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

Segments-Green.jpg

Segments-Yellow-2.jpg

Segments-Red.jpg

Merged-Segments-Default.jpg

Segments-Yellow.jpg

Gradient.jpg

All that is cool! But what about Energy Ring consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Ring more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Ring sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Ring. Once awake, Energy Ring quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Ring goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Notification Access requirement:
Energy Ring does not read any Notification whatsoever, it merely relies on it to be alive. Be assured that the App does NOT access anything.

Attachments

• device-2019-03-23-184740.png
    device-2019-03-23-184740.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 791
  • device-2019-03-23-184811.png
    device-2019-03-23-184811.png
    121 KB · Views: 786
  • device-2019-03-23-184825.png
    device-2019-03-23-184825.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 764
  • device-2019-03-23-184841.png
    device-2019-03-23-184841.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 717
  • ER_BETA_6.1.apk
    4 MB · Views: 498
Last edited:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
UPDATE!

ER_BETA_3:
You can now adjust the angle at which Energy Ring starts.

jaycee74

Mar 2, 2009
blog.atomlabor.de
Would work for View 20 too - Mirror it pls

If it´s possible you can mirror the ring to the other side - so Huawei honor view 20 Users can use the app too.

Would be great - maybe as an option in your app.

Best Jens

sheppy1

Nov 24, 2009
Can't wait for the update to bring S10 Plus support! Ready to donate if it works as expected! ?

drnoodle

Jan 6, 2010
Hi just checked out the app, it's very clever and I'm sure you'll do well with it. I was going to request a grey scale gradient as most S10 owners like dark wallpapers for OLED screens but I've found this is a paid for feature. I attempted and failed to be able to send email feedback via the app so I've found the post here instead. Can i request that you add support for different styles of the ring such as dots or different amount of dots so i can pattern match my wallpaper.

I'd like to be able to blend it into the stars more subtlety. When used in combination with the Samsung App Good Lock to disable the battery icon you would be able to achieve a great affect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-091252_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-091252_Gallery.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

drnoodle

Jan 6, 2010
Just donated and got the grey scale look I wanted. Would love that ability to make the line different amounts of dots... however I noticed this continuous message is there a way to suppress this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-110940_Evie.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-110940_Evie.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_20190326-110037_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-110037_Gallery.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 188

twentysix_tj

Mar 26, 2019
Honor View20 support

Looks great, I'd like to echo the request for Honor View20 support - where the hole punch is on the opposite side.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
If it´s possible you can mirror the ring to the other side - so Huawei honor view 20 Users can use the app too.

Would be great - maybe as an option in your app.

Best Jens

Looks great, I'd like to echo the request for Honor View20 support - where the hole punch is on the opposite side.

A simple mirror would not work, need to tailor the App to the specific device to have consistent experience across all 4 possible screen rotation. I consider making a View 20 version in future! :)

Can't wait for the update to bring S10 Plus support! Ready to donate if it works as expected!

Holy wow this awesome! Can't wait for S10+ support!

It's now Available! :)

A promo code would be appreciated

For security reasons, Energy Ring doesn't support Promo code as of now! Sorry!

Hi just checked out the app, it's very clever and I'm sure you'll do well with it. I was going to request a grey scale gradient as most S10 owners like dark wallpapers for OLED screens but I've found this is a paid for feature. I attempted and failed to be able to send email feedback via the app so I've found the post here instead. Can i request that you add support for different styles of the ring such as dots or different amount of dots so i can pattern match my wallpaper.

I'd like to be able to blend it into the stars more subtlety. When used in combination with the Samsung App Good Lock to disable the battery icon you would be able to achieve a great affect.

Just donated and got the grey scale look I wanted. Would love that ability to make the line different amounts of dots... however I noticed this continuous message is there a way to suppress this?

May be in a future update! :)

@jagan2 I hope you will do a LED ring notification app too! :D

I do consider to make a separate App for that, but lack of ability to disable on LockScreen and AOD, not sure it's worth creating just to reply and explain to every user that why it can't appear on Lockscreen AOD. :confused:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
ER_BETA_5 update!

* Added option to make Energy Ring's background transparent.
* Fixed issue 'Merged Segments' color configuration (First segment used to be hidden.)
* Attempts to fix issues with permission dialog compatibility with Chrome and other Sensitive Apps.
* Made minor adjustments to Ring alignment for S10+.

Screen burn-in:
The original variant of the App, Energy Bar has been used over several years by users on their AMOLED devices, there has been no complains. But there is no claim that it may not happen.

Samsung automatically moves few pixels every now and then to avoid screen burn-in which includes Energy Ring moving away from its original position. This change in position will however be visible only when you have set its thickness to minimum.

Please leave a rating on Google Play Store if you use the App, that helps, thanks! :)

aLabsko

Sep 30, 2007
Very cool app, but fitment on Galaxy S10e is little off. Can and will it be fixed?

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
ER_BETA_5.1 update!

* Optimized Energy Ring for S10+ landscape mode.
* Attempts to resolve animation issues.

Please leave a rating on Google Play Store if you use the App, that helps, thanks! :)

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
No charging animation?

If you see no charging animation, it's probably because you have turned on this system setting which prevents Energy Ring from animating!

Settings > Accessibility > Visibility enhancements > Remove Animations > *uncheck if it's checked*.

Cr4z33

Oct 14, 2011
Salento, Italy
I do consider to make a separate App for that, but lack of ability to disable on LockScreen and AOD, not sure it's worth creating just to reply and explain to every user that why it can't appear on Lockscreen AOD. :confused:
Don't worry mate as it looks like Chainfire is almost done (now working on AoD) with his Holey Light app.

Thanks for having taken my request into consideration anyway. :good:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
ER_BETA_6

100,000+, thanks everyone! If you enjoy the App, please leave a review of it! :)

Energy Ring now runs as an Accessibility Service, which is a 'must' to be displayed on Lock Screen.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
UPDATE!

100,000+, thanks everyone! If you enjoy the App, please leave a review of it! :)

ER_BETA_6.1:
* More accurate placement around Camera lens.
* Energy Ring now supports Galaxy S10 5G!
* Energy Ring now runs as an Accessibility Service, which is a 'must' to be displayed on Lock Screen. Please re-enable Energy Ring if you're upgrading from a previous version.

No charging animation?
Settings > Accessibility > Visibility enhancements > Remove Animations > *uncheck if it's checked*.

DOWNLOAD FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE

eric830520

Nov 11, 2013
Taipei
Hi,
I found a bug when I use the double-tapping wake up function. My device is S10e.
Sometimes the double-tapping function will not respond and couldn't wake up the phone. I need to hit the power key to wake up.
But if I tried to disable this app and everything will be fine and double-tapping is ok.

Please help to deal with this issue. This is a very good app!! I have donate for it!!!
Good job!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Energy Ring is exclusive for Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+.

Similar Apps for other Devices:
    Energy Bar - http://bit.ly/eb_xda
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+ - http://bit.ly/ebc_xda
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9 - http://bit.ly/ebc8_xda

energy-ring-logo.png
    Adds a configurable Energy Ring around the camera lens indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Ring adds an accent to your phone's camera lens.

Got a full charge? The Ring will be a 360 degree wrap around the front camera lens.
    Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Ring.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Ring can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
    ✓ Energy Ring puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
    ✓ Energy Ring's direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
    ✓ Energy Ring can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
    ✓ Energy Ring can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
    ✓ Energy Ring could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
    ✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
    ✓ Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

Segments-Green.jpg

Segments-Yellow-2.jpg

Segments-Red.jpg

Merged-Segments-Default.jpg

Segments-Yellow.jpg

Gradient.jpg

All that is cool! But what about Energy Ring consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Ring more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Ring sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Ring. Once awake, Energy Ring quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Ring goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Notification Access requirement:
    Energy Ring does not read any Notification whatsoever, it merely relies on it to be alive. Be assured that the App does NOT access anything.