[App] Energy Ring - Battery indicator for Galaxy S20+!

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Download now from Google Play Store! And if you like, please leave a rating. :)

Energy Ring S20 Edition is exclusive for Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G only.

Similar Apps for other Devices:
Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
Energy Bar
Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

energy-ring-logo.png
Adds a configurable Energy Ring around the camera lens indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Ring adds an accent to your phone's camera lens.

Energy-Ring-Animating.gif

Got a full charge? The Ring will be a 360 degree wrap around the front camera lens.
Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Ring.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Ring can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
✓ Energy Ring puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
✓ Energy Ring's direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
✓ Energy Ring can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
✓ Energy Ring can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
✓ Energy Ring could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
✓ Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

Web-screenshot.png
Play-2.jpg

Play-3.jpg
Play-4.jpg

Play-5.jpg
Play-6.jpg

All that is cool! But what about Energy Ring consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Ring more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Ring sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Ring. Once awake, Energy Ring quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Ring goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Notification Access requirement:
Energy Ring does not read any Notification whatsoever, it merely relies on it to be alive. Be assured that the App does NOT access anything.

Attachments

• ER_S20_1.2.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,472
Last edited:

rEVOLVE

Nov 16, 2006
Tried it, but wierd behavior when going to landscape - ring gets stuck showing in the wrong place on the screen - no longer around the camera, but where it thinks the whole should be even though it's a different orientation.
Went back to Energy Bar for now.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Tried it, but wierd behavior when going to landscape - ring gets stuck showing in the wrong place on the screen - no longer around the camera, but where it thinks the whole should be even though it's a different orientation.

Are you on the latest version as on Play Store? That issue was fixed in the latest version. If you can reproduce the issue with specific steps, let me know I can look into it. :)

buddy66

Jun 14, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

I have just installed it and I did not encounter that issue. I had Google Play Store open, moved the phone to landscape and back and the ring moved with the whole app but bounced back to the camera punchhole.
My question is, what about the display burning in? I know that it only works when the screen is on but this question might fall from other and this is why I have asked.

Last edited:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Have you ever consider the option of making way for it turn off when your screen is on & turn back on when your screen is back off?

Since, the phone's screen is likely to be off the majority of time, would like to avoid any potential unforeseeable issue with screen burn-ins. So yes, wouldn't like to add such a feature for now.

Reactions: Lock-N-Load

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
I have just installed it and I did not encounter that issue. I had Google Play Store open, moved the phone to landscape and back and the ring moved with the whole app but bounced back to the camera punchhole.
My question is, what about the display burning in? I know that it only works when the screen is on but this question might fall from other and this is why I have asked.

Hi! Please refer to the notes added to the bottom of App's listing on Play Store in specific. :)

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
Another suggestion - can you make little 12 6 3 9 ticks on the Ring Origin so its easier to get the 12 position. It's minor but might be a nice touch to have these ticks for reference.

sixers76

Apr 7, 2009
Can I buy the pro version?
I can't buy pro version,because this app don't support google play payment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaye3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Energy Ring S20 Edition is exclusive for Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G only.

Similar Apps for other Devices:
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
    Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
    Energy Bar
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

energy-ring-logo.png
    Adds a configurable Energy Ring around the camera lens indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Ring adds an accent to your phone's camera lens.

Energy-Ring-Animating.gif

Got a full charge? The Ring will be a 360 degree wrap around the front camera lens.
    Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Ring.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Ring can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
    ✓ Energy Ring puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
    ✓ Energy Ring's direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
    ✓ Energy Ring can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
    ✓ Energy Ring can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
    ✓ Energy Ring could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
    ✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
    ✓ Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

Web-screenshot.png
    Play-2.jpg

Play-3.jpg
    Play-4.jpg

Play-5.jpg
    Play-6.jpg

All that is cool! But what about Energy Ring consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Ring more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Ring sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Ring. Once awake, Energy Ring quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Ring goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Notification Access requirement:
    Energy Ring does not read any Notification whatsoever, it merely relies on it to be alive. Be assured that the App does NOT access anything.

How does it work in sinc with aodNotify - Notification Light?
    Well to add, have been using both, except AODNotify only on screen off and they do work together.
    Have you ever consider the option of making way for it turn off when your screen is on & turn back on when your screen is back off?

Since, the phone's screen is likely to be off the majority of time, would like to avoid any potential unforeseeable issue with screen burn-ins. So yes, wouldn't like to add such a feature for now.
    Is it possible it only make it show up when charging and not all the time?? Thank you.