• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] Facebook Messenger 3.0.1 - New UI

Search This thread

gmn1972

Jan 19, 2011
Messenger new UI

Keeps asking for an activation code....I click send again and all I get is a message that my facebook was accessed by an unknown browser. I did uninstall the old version first.

gmn1972

Jan 19, 2011
Messenger

I am in the US. I have seen a screenshot via another website that has a third screen after the one asking for the activation code that has the not now at the bottom, but I can't get past the code screen.I finally got a confirmation code by going through FB itself and now when I try to put it in it says code not active and I've tried too many times. Getting frustrated!!!

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I am in the US. I have seen a screenshot via another website that has a third screen after the one asking for the activation code that has the not now at the bottom, but I can't get past the code screen.I finally got a confirmation code by going through FB itself and now when I try to put it in it says code not active and I've tried too many times. Getting frustrated!!!
Finally got this to work....I deactivated my phone number in FB. Requested a new via phone instead of text. Installed the app again and it went straight to the sync contacts page and I was able to click the not now and presto...We are up and running!

Sunshine live

Nov 6, 2011
New version from Facebook messenger

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383159246576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383159246576.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 250

Cliff1

Dec 5, 2011
Is there anyway someone can get those new tones used in the app? I love them and want them as my normal sms tones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
It's not a copy. Facebook can't copy Facebook because it's Facebook

Fb seems to be simply going for a new look on all devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Well, we can agree that Facebook has taken some inspiration from iOS7 and designed their app around that, but they didn't simply port the iOS version to Android this time. They managed to add the action bar and other Holo elements, so it's not a direct port, or a port at all. It's the same design language on both platforms, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This is of course just my personal opinion, and people may disagree and say that it looks like something from Windows 98 or Xbox Live. I don't really care.

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Well, we can agree that Facebook has taken some inspiration from iOS7 and designed their app around that, but they didn't simply port the iOS version to Android this time. They managed to add the action bar and other Holo elements, so it's not a direct port, or a port at all. It's the same design language on both platforms, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This is of course just my personal opinion, and people may disagree and say that it looks like something from Windows 98 or Xbox Live. I don't really care.

Ahhh ok i see your point :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Minerael

Dec 15, 2012
Warsaw
I wish i could test it but since it will be linked with my mobile number... I will pass. Time to delete Facebook I guess. Such a shame. Also, i don't see any 'not now' tekst at the bottom... Well, thanks for sharing anyway!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts