[APP] Facebook Messenger 3.0.1 - New UI

Search This thread

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Hi all,

Here's the newly released Facebook Messenger app that was shown today by Facebook.

Download here, and enjoy.

EDIT: Uninstall the older version, or it'll fail to install. Also, turn auto update OFF in the Play Store or else it'll "update" to the older version that's currently available in the Play Store.

4.png

Last edited:

UchihaKite

Oct 16, 2010
Didn't Google Hangouts get an update today as well with SMS support? Any links for that?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

porky101

Aug 5, 2010
I like the design, and it seems to run a lot smoother and quicker than the older versions. There is one downside though, it seems you can no longer use it as an app for straight text messaging anymore. Think the idea is that now you people's FB account will be tied to their phone number and when you enter their phone number it adds the person to your messenger contact list and instead of sending a text message to that person it still sends a FB message even though you entered their phone number.

I sent a text message to myself from Google Voice and it did not come up in FB Messenger, only stock. Also there is no setting in FB Messenger to turn SMS on anymore, if anyone else has found something different let me know I like the UI so much more than stock and always used it for SMS.

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Well I thought it was great till I realized you couldn't set off notification tones and send SMS

Sent from my SM-N900T

dafabsl

Jan 26, 2011
Vienna
I like how everyone is giving 1 stars reviews at the playstore because it the app requires your phone number hahahahahhahaha
I'm laughing so hard right now

The ui is kinda metro like, not sure what to think about it..

Top Liked Posts