[APP][FEEDBACK] Arnova8G2's Google Camera Port

Search This thread

BrollyG4

Jan 14, 2011
Hello there!
I have beta 7 v6 gcam but portrait mode is not working. Do I need magisk module to get it working?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

mdau

Oct 21, 2013

mdau

Oct 21, 2013
As much as i appreciate the devs work, I think i am done with these mods until a special mod, which works perfect for OP5T wothout root is done. I will just settle with tye stock cam. My reasons if anyone cares are
Gcam is still slow in taking and processing hdr photos
Colours do not come as natural or close to natural as one would like (it comes with a purple like tint especially low light hdr photos)
It is unstable and dont like the fact that some features dont work well.
Stock cam offers good shutter speed and interface is clean, very good in those departments. cant say the same tho for low light and hdr photos, but as i said before, i will leave with it ATM.
For those who keep trying/testing new versions, i encourage them to do so as it helps the devs and other users. But for those who think they will have an overall better experience, i don't think they will with the current available versions

DekkerP6

Jan 20, 2014
As much as i appreciate the devs work, I think i am done with these mods until a special mod, which works perfect for OP5T wothout root is done. I will just settle with tye stock cam. My reasons if anyone cares are
Gcam is still slow in taking and processing hdr photos
Colours do not come as natural or close to natural as one would like (it comes with a purple like tint especially low light hdr photos)
It is unstable and dont like the fact that some features dont work well.
Stock cam offers good shutter speed and interface is clean, very good in those departments. cant say the same tho for low light and hdr photos, but as i said before, i will leave with it ATM.
For those who keep trying/testing new versions, i encourage them to do so as it helps the devs and other users. But for those who think they will have an overall better experience, i don't think they will with the current available versions

Both apps are not mutually exclusive. I use the stock one for good ligthing conditions or when taking pictures of moving objects, the google cam port for bad lighthing conditions (quality highly compensates the pain of using it), and for video I use open camera (there is too much crop and stabilisation is weird in the stock one, I do the stabilisation after in google photo). See how simple it is :p!

By the way, I do not see the purple tint that you mention.

Last edited:

Fusquinha77

Aug 18, 2013
I have OP5T with with Official 5.0.3 software version. No root. No fixes or Magisk Modules.
Just tried Arnova´s Pixel3Mod V6 Beta2 and can say it is "almost there" on OnePlus 5T!
Portrait Mode works on back camera. Laggy, but works!
I guess in one or two more moths and we will have a great app!

Last edited:

mdau

Oct 21, 2013
Both apps are not mutually exclusive. I use the stock one for good ligthing conditions or when taking pictures of moving objects, the google cam port for bad lighthing conditions (quality highly compensates the pain of using it), and for video I use open camera (there is too much crop and stabilisation is weird in the stock one, I do the stabilisation after in google photo). See how simple it is :p!

By the way, I do not see the purple tint that you mention.
I agree with most of what you are saying but most users are unlikely to remember to use two or more apps for tasks which could have been very well done with only one app (may be iPhone 7 experience ruined me)
On the purple/red (or whatever colour) tint, see the attached pics. The left one is from stock app, right from Google cam

Attachments

• IMG_20180213_173755.jpg
    IMG_20180213_173755.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG_20180213_173741.jpg
    IMG_20180213_173741.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,002

DekkerP6

Jan 20, 2014
I agree with most of what you are saying but most users are unlikely to remember to use two or more apps for tasks which could have been very well done with only one app (may be iPhone 7 experience ruined me)
On the purple/red (or whatever colour) tint, see the attached pics. The left one is from stock app, right from Google cam

Unfortunately, we cannot have everything. It is after all Google's algorithm!
I see what you mean now for the purple tint. On the other hand, if find the photos from the stock app too warm.

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
rear HDR and portrait works

front portrait crashes, and you have to disable front HDR to get the cam working like on previous versions ...

otherwise it´s fine, very fast with Pixel setting and working touch to focus

Which device settings are you using?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone