[APP] Fim - Facebook Chat for WP7 -[R]- 5 NOV 2010 -[U]- 30 AUG 2012 -[V]- 2.35

Search This thread

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
Having an issue with the latest version (2.3). When I log in, it tells me to log in manually. Then it opens up a regular Facebook log in page but the screen keeps jumping up and down and won't let me type anything.

Using Samsung Focus with latest official update (NoDo) on AT&T. I'm thinking the NoDo update may have broken it but I didn't try 2.3 before updating the phone so not sure.

Maaz

Not sure what you mean by jumping up and down..
btw, whats the "error" on your manual login screen?

Maaz

Dec 7, 2006
Not sure what you mean by jumping up and down..
btw, whats the "error" on your manual login screen?

It says Please complete the login manually. I click OK.

I get Facebook login prompting me for e-mail and password. No error message.
By jumping up and down, I meant the page keeps refreshing by itself not allowing me to type. One time it stopped refreshing and I managed to type it in there and click to Login but it just went back to the same log in page and kept refreshing continuously again.

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
It says Please complete the login manually. I click OK.

I get Facebook login prompting me for e-mail and password. No error message.
By jumping up and down, I meant the page keeps refreshing by itself not allowing me to type. One time it stopped refreshing and I managed to type it in there and click to Login but it just went back to the same log in page and kept refreshing continuously again.

I'm on it..

ameel

Nov 13, 2010
dealing with the pay version brought me nothing but headache, so there ain't gonna be one. sorry

but i hate ads! it was such a good and clean app, now it's f*cked. sigh.. D': i was following its development right from the start and provided suggestions, but now... :(

livejazz

I think its awsome and thanks for the hard work. I don't even notice the ads and I think its balsy and benevelent to invest in the success of an ad-supported free app. It's gonna do great! I am just starting a search for what the sliders are for. Don't flame me because I consider this just a casual mention. I feel dumb for not knowing. None of the YouTube vids say anything about them, but I will scour the xda pages, now. Thanks, again, for the fim app, blutz!

matt

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
My notifications aren't working apparently. No error anywhere though. It doesn't even leave me logged in, I've checked on another account, once I close the app, I'm off the chat.

nok_fusion

Jun 22, 2010
i got trouble with fim since today,every time i logout to the app,the app show me i'm logout but people see me all time long as connected on fb
i re-Install the app & it do me the same,i test it with a friend and i logout during 5 minutes & he see me connected during This time & Can send to me messages That i receive with toast advertise me :(

Last edited:

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
i got trouble with fim since today,every time i logout to the app,the app show me i'm logout but people see me all time long as connected on fb
i re-Install the app & it do me the same,i test it with a friend and i logout during 5 minutes & he see me connected during This time & Can send to me messages That i receive with toast advertise me :(

You need to uncheck "toast notifications" if you don't want to stay logged in - it isn't working for me, so be happy you have that lol

nok_fusion

Jun 22, 2010
You need to uncheck "toast notifications" if you don't want to stay logged in - it isn't working for me, so be happy you have that lol
thankx for the tips i will try & keep us inform if that works ;)
it's weird because before today,i never do that & i don't Have This problem
édit: i'm still online for other users on fb even if i log out to the apps,i unchecked toast & tiles got the same issue :/

Last edited:

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
thankx for the tips i will try & keep us inform if that works ;)
it's weird because before today,i never do that & i don't Have This problem
édit: i'm still online for other users on fb even if i log out to the apps,i unchecked toast & tiles got the same issue :/

Its probably because the server of fim keeps you logged in for a few hours. And does not log you out. I asked for a logout button to sign of at the fim server but it seems like the logout button does not sign you off at the fim server but instead lets you change your credentials only.

Are you working on a new layout? Im excited for the next release with the bubbles it will look great! Its a nice app

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
When you have push on, its going to leave you logged in, obviously... Is push working for you? Am I the only one without them working?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
attached XAP of the new version.

* fixed some login scenarios
* improvements to the UI

please post your comments here..
this version will hit the marketplace later this week.

BTW: push notifications might not work if you are not on NODO.

I'm on NoDo, no errors, nothing... It's actually leaving me logged in now.. Still won't work for me though device side. I even tried deleting the app link on Facebook, and letting it reauthorize, still nothing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Fim (Facebook & Google Talk Instant Messenger)

Fim is a Facebook chat application for Windows Phone 7 that gives you a simple way to instant message with your online Facebook friends.

Fim does not require 3rd party registration or 3rd party access to your personal data.

Tips:
    * If login fails and you have non English letters in your password, change it to English letters and numbers only
    * Touch and Hold (aka context menu) on a conversation to clear chat windows/close permanently/copy paste messages/open profile/pin user tile to start menu
    * Disable the "view previous conversations" option for faster login & less data consuming, you can load manually for each conversation in its context menu
    * Scroll the login screen to see all preferences / activate push
    * In case you didn't know: currently wp7 apps doesn't run in the background, so unless you activated push notifications for fim, its impossible to stay online if you are navigating to the start menu or to another app. It is possible though to stay in when the device is locked, in order to achieve this, you need to check "Run Under a Locked Screen" in settings

Push notifications guidelines for Fim
    * Notifications will only be enabled after a successful login in the app itself, please allow ~20 seconds for notifications to activate before leaving the app.
    * If "Tile Notifications" is enabled, don't forget to "pin to start" Fim
    * Keep in mind that notifications might not be available at all times
    * There is a limit of chat messages that will be pushed, it will reset after re-login using the app itself
    * There is a limit of time that the notifications server will hold your session, please sign-in using the app itself every couple of hours
    * Make sure you have approved Fim as a facebook app (browsing http://app.mosko.mobi should read "Success")
    * If you have never managed to receive notifications on behalf of Fim, or had both side-load xap & Marketplace version installed on your phone, try to remove the end points entries from your phone's registry (search the forum for this procedure) or "factory reset" your phone.

Questions / comments / bug reports are welcome.
    * please post on this thread, and not on a private message
    * report any error messages you got from the software
    * when reporting first check if your question hasn't been asked or your bug hasn't been reported yet.
    * make sure you have installed the latest FIM version available on the Marketplace
    * don't forget to mention your type of device, os/rom version and type of internet connection used.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9319441

Download Link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=fc382cec-df01-e011-9264-00237de2db9e
    Download Link: (Ad Free) http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=09f0fc69-4497-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8
    Mango XAP for Side Loaders: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=742718&d=1317998640
    Flaming posts deleted. Don't fight in an app thread. Infractions and/or bans will be issued next time.

And for the record, people are allowed to express what they think is missing / wrong with an app as long as it is done in a constructive manner. If it is done kindly, it does not constitute trolling. Play nicely, everyone.
    Fim 2.6

new version of Fim on the marketplace.
    Fim v1.16.2

Available from the Marketplace.
    Finally! Been waiting for an app like this since the day I got my HD7. How soon can we expect to see this in the market?