[APP] Fim - Facebook Chat for WP7 -[R]- 5 NOV 2010 -[U]- 30 AUG 2012 -[V]- 2.35

Search This thread

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
First Fim version for Windows Phone Mango with all the necessary adjustments:

Dormant (fast application switch), back tiles (great solution for those who annoyed by toast notifications), faster gui, bidi language support, and fast access from toast message to relevant conversation.

XAP is handed to side-loaders first before hitting the marketplace later this month

Advantages over other solutions:
* Photo attachments to private facebook messages
* Group chat support and Multi User Chat (to multi-select friends for chat tap & hold the friend list)
* Live ticker keeps you updated with your facebook notifications & latest facebook actions of your friends
* Offline messaging support
* Cumulative chat history
* No need to attach your Facebook account to your Live account

Can I also send/receive messages from contacts who are not online? They don't show up for me in the app. Only a handful of contacts show up (those who are online) I checked and unchecked the relevant settings a couple of times.

I would like to send messages to people who are not online, like the mobile website/fb app can do.

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
Mango version is now available at the marketplace (Fim v2.22)

the new version features ability to chat simultaneously in Facebook Chat and Google Talk services.

beside the support of gtalk, Mango version has updated with some necessary adjustments such as:
Dormant (fast application switch), back tiles (great solution or those who annoyed by toast notifications), faster gui, bidi language support, contact search, full clipboard support, and fast access from toast message to relevant conversation.

Fim advantages over other solutions:
* Group chat support and Multi User Chat
* Live ticker keeps you updated with most recent stories and notifications from facebook

zuifon

Aug 20, 2008
There's a problem with non English caracters like French accents.

For example Céline is displayed as Cu00e9line

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
the new version features ability to chat simultaneously in Facebook Chat and Google Talk services.

beside the support of gtalk, Mango version has updated with some necessary adjustments such as:
Dormant (fast application switch), back tiles (great solution or those who annoyed by toast notifications), faster gui, bidi language support, contact search, full clipboard support, and fast access from toast message to relevant conversation.

Fim advantages over other solutions:
* Group chat support and Multi User Chat
* Live ticker keeps you updated with most recent stories and notifications from facebook

I cant message any offline contacts...

Great app, but thats the only thing which will make this app perfect.

Also can you integrate it with the phones contacts? If you cant pull up the offline contacts you could always add the option to send them a message by pulling the facebook contacts from the phone.

danbriant

Feb 9, 2009
Does FIM 2.20 i think it is for WP7 play nice with HTTPS setting on facebook?
As I cant seem to pull up my contacts ya see.

fbloise

Jan 16, 2006
London
I bought Fim yesterday and found the free version has Google Talk support and shows whenever somebody is conencted through a mobile device.

The paid version is one version below, without support for those options. I would like to know when is the paid version getting these options?

Thanks

p.s:
Keep it up! Fim is so far the best Facebook and Gtalk IM option for Windows Phone 7.5. I've been using it in my Lumia and couldn't be happier. It doesn't freeze the phone like IM+, Whatsapp or most major IMing apps.

verynuclear

Aug 24, 2010
UAE
What is that???? How do you make that??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: How do you make one free application build with the latest SDK so it reads Arabic language correct and on the other hand you make Paid application with the old SDK which reads Arabic language in reverse and separated letter.
Where is Gtalk in the paid version???
I try the free app then i decide to buy the paid version to find that they have totally different builds.
It is not good to publish a paid version more worst than the free one.
You have to make paid version with the same build of the free one.
You have to make this
I am very frustrated.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

fbloise

Jan 16, 2006
London
Well probably is on its way. Lets give until these festive days are over.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Fim (Facebook & Google Talk Instant Messenger)

Fim is a Facebook chat application for Windows Phone 7 that gives you a simple way to instant message with your online Facebook friends.

Fim does not require 3rd party registration or 3rd party access to your personal data.

Tips:
    * If login fails and you have non English letters in your password, change it to English letters and numbers only
    * Touch and Hold (aka context menu) on a conversation to clear chat windows/close permanently/copy paste messages/open profile/pin user tile to start menu
    * Disable the "view previous conversations" option for faster login & less data consuming, you can load manually for each conversation in its context menu
    * Scroll the login screen to see all preferences / activate push
    * In case you didn't know: currently wp7 apps doesn't run in the background, so unless you activated push notifications for fim, its impossible to stay online if you are navigating to the start menu or to another app. It is possible though to stay in when the device is locked, in order to achieve this, you need to check "Run Under a Locked Screen" in settings

Push notifications guidelines for Fim
    * Notifications will only be enabled after a successful login in the app itself, please allow ~20 seconds for notifications to activate before leaving the app.
    * If "Tile Notifications" is enabled, don't forget to "pin to start" Fim
    * Keep in mind that notifications might not be available at all times
    * There is a limit of chat messages that will be pushed, it will reset after re-login using the app itself
    * There is a limit of time that the notifications server will hold your session, please sign-in using the app itself every couple of hours
    * Make sure you have approved Fim as a facebook app (browsing http://app.mosko.mobi should read "Success")
    * If you have never managed to receive notifications on behalf of Fim, or had both side-load xap & Marketplace version installed on your phone, try to remove the end points entries from your phone's registry (search the forum for this procedure) or "factory reset" your phone.

Questions / comments / bug reports are welcome.
    * please post on this thread, and not on a private message
    * report any error messages you got from the software
    * when reporting first check if your question hasn't been asked or your bug hasn't been reported yet.
    * make sure you have installed the latest FIM version available on the Marketplace
    * don't forget to mention your type of device, os/rom version and type of internet connection used.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9319441

Download Link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=fc382cec-df01-e011-9264-00237de2db9e
    Download Link: (Ad Free) http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=09f0fc69-4497-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8
    Mango XAP for Side Loaders: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=742718&d=1317998640
    Flaming posts deleted. Don't fight in an app thread. Infractions and/or bans will be issued next time.

And for the record, people are allowed to express what they think is missing / wrong with an app as long as it is done in a constructive manner. If it is done kindly, it does not constitute trolling. Play nicely, everyone.
    Fim 2.6

new version of Fim on the marketplace.
    Fim v1.16.2

Available from the Marketplace.
    Finally! Been waiting for an app like this since the day I got my HD7. How soon can we expect to see this in the market?