[APP][FIRETV] Launcher Manager for FireTV Devices

Bertonumber1

May 17, 2020
Glasgow UK
Hello @SeenWolf, thanks for the app. It is much more practical than the Amazon's launcher.
Can I make any suggestions?
It would gain a lot of attention if the background changed to tones similar to those of the app icon.

Thank you very much !!

If you're using atv launcher Pro or leanback launcher You can change the wallpaper to any you wish just name the image background.img and place it on internal storage. Goto launcher settings and select background.img to select your desired photo/background

hopler

Aug 1, 2009
CT
If you're using atv launcher Pro or leanback launcher You can change the wallpaper to any you wish just name the image background.img and place it on internal storage. Goto launcher settings and select background.img to select your desired photo/background
I'm using Wolf Launcher and change the wallpaper, but i say that if is possible that wallpaper changes automatic when cursor moves throuth apps icons.

epraes

Jul 18, 2013
Last time I tried this solution with an old tank (Fire OS 5) I'd be kicked off Netflix every five minutes. Is this bug still around? Any FOS 5 users?

epraes

Jul 18, 2013
Thanks. I really wish this was sorted. This model is still enough for my needs and I refuse to buy a new one for the time being.

aabacus

Nov 20, 2020
@SweenWolf thank you for your work on this project. It improves my experience with the FireTV Cube.

I have run into an issue, I wonder if you have seen it before.

After I have turned off my tv with the Fire TV remote, when I turn it back on I just get a black screen. Button presses are non-responsive. "go home" voice command through Alexa also does not work. I have to reboot the Fire Cube (select button + play button on the remote) to make it useable again.

Why is this happening? It only occurs with Wolf Launcher set as default, not with the original FireTV launcher.

Hardware: FireTV Cube 2nd Gen
Software: Launcher Manager_1.0.1.apk and Wolf Launcher_0.1.6-FireTV.apk downloaded from this thread.

Antom1

Nov 23, 2020
Launcher problem

Hi, I’ve tried this method on my fire stick 3rd with leanback on fire launcher, but after pressing the home button everything stop working. The app blocks and the home launcher didn’t appear. After restarting, the system starts the amazon and immediately starts the Leanback which needs a few second to fully load. But the home home button, nothing happens, so I can’t go out of other apps, ecc. I’ve tried different versions of Leanback on fire (the normal Leanback doesn’t work at all). How can I fix this issue? Which Leanback is suitable for fire os 7? What can I do to activate the home button? Kind regards Antom

Last edited:

Antom1

Nov 23, 2020
Hello @SweenWolf, I’ve tried this method but with the Leanback launcher, but the home button doesn’t work, can you help me with that? How can I enable the home button, because when entering the apps I can’t skip, close or return to the home screen?
Ps. Also Alexa is not working in changed Leanback..
Kind regards

Bertonumber1

May 17, 2020
Glasgow UK
--------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
WIP

Short Links for Downloader
Launcher Manager (FOS 6 & 7)
http://bit.ly/SWLM101

FireTV Settings (FireOS 5) (2 Uploads Remaining)
http://bit.ly/SWF5102
adb command

Wolf Launcher
http://bit.ly/SWWL016
@SweenWolf does this work on the lite edition firesticks mate?,

Can't find anything anywhere for it

gabardal

May 31, 2012
Hello, I'm trying to run the adb commands to enable widgets, but getting this:
Code:
mantis:/$ appwidget grantbind -package com.wolf.firelauncher -user O

Killed