[APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root)

Search This thread

SweenWolf

• Mar 18, 2016
    Paradise
    Amazon Fire TV
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV. (Latest: 1.0.8)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and select "Enable Custom Launcher".
    If you get "CONNECTION FAILED" then see INFO section.
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.
    If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", see INFO section.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.
    INFO:
    • If you get "CONNECTION FAILED", click on "OPEN ADB SETTINGS" and enable "ADB DEBUGGING" and Press BACK Button. If you still get this error Restart your Device (Long Press SELECT + PLAY/PAUSE Button)and disconnect from PC if Connected.
    • If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", it means you don't have a custom launcher Installed, just install the launcher and you'll be good to go, no need to enable stock.
    • You can only open some of the Settings using Launcher Manager, to Access All the Settings then you have to Disable Custom Launcher.
    SCREENSHOTS (1.0.7):
    S1.png S2.png S3.png S4.png S5.png

https://bit.ly/SWLM108

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:

• For the Devices with New Updated Amazon Interface
    • Fixed long delay on boot on latest Amazon update
    • Removed Launcher Choices
    • Now using single key for all the apps. (Remove older version first to update the key.)
    • Delay is still there, needs logcat
    • In-app Updates
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Changed UI
    • Changed Package Name
    • Changed Install location to Internal Only
    • Added System and Developers Shortcut
    • Fixed issue where launcher is stuck sometimes
    • Added option to choose any Custom Launcher *
    • Can be Launched from Amazon Hud *
    * Needs Launcher Manager to be set as Default Launcher. (LM is auto selected)
    * If launched by Amazon HUD, Long press will open Launcher manager, press back to exit from there. (Fixed in 1.0.6)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FireOS Update Blocker (FOS 6+)
    This app can be used to Enable or Disable Amazon System Update.
    Update Blocker (Click to Download)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    WOLF LAUNCHER

This a modded version of ATV Pro with some fixes.

Versions:
    Wolf Launcher 0.1.7 (FIRETV)
    Wolf Launcher 0.1.7 (Shield)
    Wolf Launcher 0.1.7 (CCGTV)

Changelog:

• Fixed App launch issue
    • Fixed storage issue (Android 10)
    NOTE:
    All the launcher files are now same, with exception of Device logo.
    Package name of all files are com.wolf.firelauncher
    You can switch b/w the versions without losing data.

FIRETV SETTINGS (3.0)
    *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower)
    pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    needed for proper working of this app

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW (not necessary for app working)
    needed to show mouse/package overlay

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS (needed for package overlay only when accessibility services are disabled) (not needed)

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    (needed for prime accessibility workaround) (prime workaround will disable accessibility services temporarily so prime video will auto hide the bar, it will restart the services once home button is pressed).

To start service for first time click on (START SERVICE) on Top Right.

To toggle mouse mode long press "Play/Pause", to scroll use Fast Forward/Rewind
    press menu button to switch scrolling direction.

Key Bindings:
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Long Press) = Traditional Amazon Menu
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Single Click) = Amazon Home
    Home (Long Press) = Shortcuts & App Drawer
    (In App Drawer) Long Press on Item = App option & Appstore link

Mouse functionality added from this source. MATVT (GitHub)

LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.0.6) (FOS5)

STEPS:

1. Steps to install app on FireTV
    Download Main File via this link Launcher Manager (FOS5)
    then install it on Your FireTV running FireOS 5

2. Steps to be setup the App

If you know how to use ADB then here are the commands
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    [OR]
    or you can download FireTV Toolbox
    install it on any Android device (not on the Main FireTV device)
    Enter the IP address of your FireTV in this app and click on Connect
    Click on "GO" button after "Setup Launcher Manager"
    it will auto launch the app on FireTV.
    Select the launcher of your choice and enable Launcher Detection, click on save.

FireTV Toolbox
    http://bit.ly/SWFTB16
    Launcher Manager (FireOS 5)
    http://bit.ly/SW5LM106

Attachments

• Wolf Launcher_0.1.7-FireTV.apk
      2.7 MB · Views: 2,354
    • Wolf Launcher_0.1.7-CCGTV.apk
      2.7 MB · Views: 700
    • Wolf Launcher_0.1.7-Shield.apk
      2.7 MB · Views: 325
    • FireOS Update Blocker_1.2.apk
      1.3 MB · Views: 1,539
    • FireTV Settings_2.6.apk
      1.4 MB · Views: 210
    • FireTV Toolbox_1.5.apk
      934 KB · Views: 133
    • FOS5 Settings_1.0.4.apk
      1.4 MB · Views: 150
    • Launcher Manager_1.0.7.apk
      2 MB · Views: 1,020
    • Launcher Manager_1.0.8.apk
      2 MB · Views: 912
    • FireTV Toolbox (FOS5)_1.6.apk
      1.5 MB · Views: 230
    • Launcher Manager (FOS5)_1.0.6.apk
      1.3 MB · Views: 294
    • FireTV Settings_3.0.apk
      4.4 MB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

SweenWolf

• Mar 18, 2016
    Paradise
    Amazon Fire TV
    LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

NOTE: READ BEFORE USE
    This app (LMU) contains a code which will auto detect the launcher and will try to disable it.
    Sometimes it can disable something which it shouldn't. In which case you should now how to recover you device, and should know how to use adb, always keep your
    PC authorized in case something goes wrong.

I will not be held responsible if Anything goes wrong with your device.

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
    Screenrecord:
    Launcher Manager Ultimate

Attachments

• LMU(AD)_1.0.7.apk
      2.5 MB · Views: 113
    Last edited:

ASCiiDiTY

Jul 8, 2018
    Welcome.

About the Live TV Guide, that thing is integrated inside Amazon launcher (IMDB app also)
    and Amazon launcher is disabled so no live tv.

Okay thanks. Another thing, I think it is stopping mouse toggle from working, is there any way around this? I really need to use it for ProtonVPN.

ASCiiDiTY

Jul 8, 2018
    Mouse Toggle is working Fine, check error codes in Mouse toggle app, you might need to renable adb debugging in settings (Mouse toggle needs that also)
    I'm not sure what has happened, it's stopped working and refusing to start, even after disabling and enabling adb debugging. It is just stuck on "starting" and not starting up at launch any longer. Same thing after reverting to old launcher and restarting device. I'm not sure what I could have done to break it? I'm sure it was working when I first started using the new launcher. Confused.

SweenWolf

• Mar 18, 2016
    Paradise
    Amazon Fire TV
    I'm not sure what has happened, it's stopped working and refusing to start, even after disabling and enabling adb debugging. It is just stuck on "starting" and not starting up at launch any longer. Same thing after reverting to old launcher and restarting device. I'm not sure what I could have done to break it? I'm sure it was working when I first started using the new launcher. Confused.

You need to fix that from the Smartphone app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201015-093515_Gallery.png
      Screenshot_20201015-093515_Gallery.png
      66.3 KB · Views: 775
    Last edited:

ASCiiDiTY

Jul 8, 2018
    You need to fix that from the Smartphone app

I've never had any mobile app installed, I don't have an android phone. I used mouse toggle for years on my 2nd gen box, just upgraded to a cube 2 today and all of a sudden it's stopped working. It seems to of stopped in the last hour or so, but I'm not sure what I have done to break it suddenly, none of the tips to make it work are working, I've never had this issue in years of use. I think I'm going to have to factory reset.

Sorry it's probably not even related to this launcher, I just don't understand. I haven't done much other than add the launcher and it was working at first. Nothing I do now is fixing it.

EDIT: I found the problem. It was my fault. I disabled Wi-Fi in the Cube settings by mistake. Sorry about that, please feel free to delete my last few posts.

Last edited:

SweenWolf

• Mar 18, 2016
    Paradise
    Amazon Fire TV
    I've never had any mobile app installed, I don't have an android phone. I used mouse toggle for years on my 2nd gen box, just upgraded to a cube 2 today and all of a sudden it's stopped working. It seems to of stopped in the last hour or so, but I'm not sure what I have done to break it suddenly, none of the tips to make it work are working, I've never had this issue in years of use. I think I'm going to have to factory reset.

Sorry it's probably not even related to this launcher, I just don't understand. I haven't done much other than add the launcher and it was working at first. Nothing I do now is fixing it.

EDIT: I found the problem. It was my fault. I disabled Wi-Fi in the Cube settings by mistake. Sorry about that, please feel free to delete my last few posts.

The Smartphone app is the original app which installs and setup the "Mouse Toggle" app on TV. current stable version is 1.12
    it is also used to troubleshoot the app.

WiFi should not be a problem for Mouse Toogle, it does not need that unless to connect to its partner app.

I cannot delete any post, its up the forum moderator to delete the posts.

ASCiiDiTY

Jul 8, 2018
    The Smartphone app is the original app which installs and setup the "Mouse Toggle" app on TV. current stable version is 1.12
    it is also used to troubleshoot the app.

WiFi should not be a problem for Mouse Toogle, it does not need that unless to connect to its partner app.

I cannot delete any post, its up the forum moderator to delete the posts.

It's strange. TBH I don't really understand the Wi-Fi setting in the Cube 2. This option isn't on the 2nd gen box when you are connected via ethernet, I think?

I guess it might be needed even with a wired connection for people using voice to control lightbulbs, echo clock, smart plugs and similar. No idea why it affects mouse toggle.

I can 100% confirm though, if you turn it off in the cube's settings, mouse toggle stops working. Turn it back on and the adb connect screen pops up again and it works.

Okay I see, I've always used version 1.11 on the Fire TV by sideloading it.

Last edited:

TShadow

Aug 6, 2007
    FOS5 latest version force closed on my Firesticks 2nd . It opened once at the first time, then not anymore. Permissions had been granted. I disinstalled and installed again. Then it opened, and I could choose and save the default launcher. All apps I opened afterwards closed after a few minutes. So sorry to say, it still doesn't work.

Reactions: RonyRohan 88

FransisFor

Nov 12, 2015
    Thanks. Working great on a 2nd gen Cube :cowboy:
    Is it possible to add a shortcut to the amazon live tv guide??

ss1.png

ss2.png

Wonderful! Great Great Great Job! Thank you !!!!

I can confirm everything is working a a new Fire Stick Lite with FOS 7.

Which Widgets are you using in these screenshot? I cannot find any working fine at the moment.

Thanks.. :good::good:

Chocka99

Jun 29, 2016
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Great launcher, my only buts are:

1. Using on my Nvidia Shield Pro 2017, typed several times the appwidget grantbind, but the widgets won't work and still stays failed? So using without widgets.
    2. See a update to version 0.1.6, but when I update I get the "fireTV" in the top left instead of my Nvidia Shield. May there is an option to change that?
    3. May there an option to change the text color, some wallpapers are very nice, but the topline in white can't be read or is any visible.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      so with wolf launcher there is no chance any more to change fire 4 k sticks audio settings hm?

screen/audio settings to skip between pcm, dolby and so?

ist lost since launcher manager and using wolf launcher(
      How many times a day do you change your auduo settings.
      This cannot be changed outside of stock launcher, you can disable custom launcher to change the settings, then enable that again.
      Incredible work, finally a launcher that is intuitive and simple.
      Regarding FIRETV SETTINGS (2.6) *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower). I get a parse error when installing on os5, in either my 1st gen fire stick or fire box gen 2. However fos5 settings1.04 works fine. And in my firetv 4k, once wolf launcher and launcher manager are installed, everything works flawlessly and quick, so I don't understand what the firetv settings 2.6 is about.
      FIRETV SETTINGS was used to change launcher in firetv, then Amazon decided to kill it with their newer OS, it worked on FireOS 5, 6 & 7. Launcher Manager replaced FIRETV SETTINGS for FireOS 6 and 7.
      And seperate project was created for FireOS 5 (FOS5 Settings) and now its also replaced with Launcher Manager (FOS5)
      So you should use this on your FireOS 5
      Hi,

Do you expect to have a new version with the slow boot fixed soon??? I love the launcher!!!!
      Great job, specially the FIRETV SETTINGS 2.6, loving the mouse function, any plans to add swipe support? Cheers!
      swipe or scroll functionality is already added. you can press Fast Forward and Rewind button to scroll, they work in pair so if you can to change from horizontal to vertical scroll, just press menu button once (in scroll mode).
      But i think i skipped some updates to the app, latest is 3.0. will be up in few minutes.
      LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+)
      STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
      1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV. (Latest: 1.0.8)
      2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
      3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and select "Enable Custom Launcher".
      If you get "CONNECTION FAILED" then see INFO section.
      4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.
      If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", see INFO section.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
      Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.
      INFO:
      • If you get "CONNECTION FAILED", click on "OPEN ADB SETTINGS" and enable "ADB DEBUGGING" and Press BACK Button. If you still get this error Restart your Device (Long Press SELECT + PLAY/PAUSE Button)and disconnect from PC if Connected.
      • If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", it means you don't have a custom launcher Installed, just install the launcher and you'll be good to go, no need to enable stock.
      • You can only open some of the Settings using Launcher Manager, to Access All the Settings then you have to Disable Custom Launcher.
      SCREENSHOTS (1.0.7):
      S1.png S2.png S3.png S4.png S5.png

https://bit.ly/SWLM108

----------------------------------------------------------------
      Changelog:

• For the Devices with New Updated Amazon Interface
      • Fixed long delay on boot on latest Amazon update
      • Removed Launcher Choices
      • Now using single key for all the apps. (Remove older version first to update the key.)
      • Delay is still there, needs logcat
      • In-app Updates
      • Fixed some bugs
      • Changed UI
      • Changed Package Name
      • Changed Install location to Internal Only
      • Added System and Developers Shortcut
      • Fixed issue where launcher is stuck sometimes
      • Added option to choose any Custom Launcher *
      • Can be Launched from Amazon Hud *
      * Needs Launcher Manager to be set as Default Launcher. (LM is auto selected)
      * If launched by Amazon HUD, Long press will open Launcher manager, press back to exit from there. (Fixed in 1.0.6)

FireOS Update Blocker (FOS 6+)
      This app can be used to Enable or Disable Amazon System Update.
      Update Blocker (Click to Download)

WOLF LAUNCHER

This a modded version of ATV Pro with some fixes.

Versions:
      Wolf Launcher 0.1.7 (FIRETV)
      Wolf Launcher 0.1.7 (Shield)
      Wolf Launcher 0.1.7 (CCGTV)

Changelog:

• Fixed App launch issue
      • Fixed storage issue (Android 10)
      NOTE:
      All the launcher files are now same, with exception of Device logo.
      Package name of all files are com.wolf.firelauncher
      You can switch b/w the versions without losing data.

FIRETV SETTINGS (3.0)
      *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower)
      pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
      needed for proper working of this app

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW (not necessary for app working)
      needed to show mouse/package overlay

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS (needed for package overlay only when accessibility services are disabled) (not needed)

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.READ_LOGS
      (needed for prime accessibility workaround) (prime workaround will disable accessibility services temporarily so prime video will auto hide the bar, it will restart the services once home button is pressed).

To start service for first time click on (START SERVICE) on Top Right.

To toggle mouse mode long press "Play/Pause", to scroll use Fast Forward/Rewind
      press menu button to switch scrolling direction.

Key Bindings:
      Menu (Long Press) + Home (Long Press) = Traditional Amazon Menu
      Menu (Long Press) + Home (Single Click) = Amazon Home
      Home (Long Press) = Shortcuts & App Drawer
      (In App Drawer) Long Press on Item = App option & Appstore link

Mouse functionality added from this source. MATVT (GitHub)

LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.0.6) (FOS5)

STEPS:

1. Steps to install app on FireTV
      Download Main File via this link Launcher Manager (FOS5)
      then install it on Your FireTV running FireOS 5

2. Steps to be setup the App

If you know how to use ADB then here are the commands
      adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
      adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.READ_LOGS
      [OR]
      or you can download FireTV Toolbox
      install it on any Android device (not on the Main FireTV device)
      Enter the IP address of your FireTV in this app and click on Connect
      Click on "GO" button after "Setup Launcher Manager"
      it will auto launch the app on FireTV.
      Select the launcher of your choice and enable Launcher Detection, click on save.

FireTV Toolbox
      http://bit.ly/SWFTB16
      Launcher Manager (FireOS 5)
      http://bit.ly/SW5LM106
      I was told that your launcher would solve many of the problems with the ATV Launcher I am using on my Android Box.

Do you have a version. or can it be modified, so that there is no logo such as the amazon firetv or nvidia shield logo?

Thanks
      It can be modified, it also has some bug fixed and i do have a version without any status bar logo.

My android tv box has the ability to select the defauly launcher builtin. Do I need the launcher manager or button remapper apps?
      Can I just use the wolf launcher itself?
      You can use it with native Android method without any extra apps.

@SweenWolf would it be possible to add a link to 'Display & Sounds' from the settings page to the launch manager?
      No, unfortunately it cannot be added without root.

Thanks very much for this great launcher.
      I have just installed the latest Amazon update to 6.2.8.0 and now boot up takes about 40 seconds longer with the Wolf launcher set as custom launcher as opposed to the Amazon one. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to fix this as didn't have this problem on previous 6.2.7.7
      I'm experiencing the same problem
      Yeah its a known issue (for devices with new updated UI), I'm pushing an update in a few minutes or hours (install only if you have updated to new Amazon UI)
      Just make sure you have installed a single custom launcher only, multiple launcher functionality will be removed, or it can be retained also, but I'll have to patch every known Custom launcher.
      Tell me which option do you want, for now I'm removing that, may come back in future release.

I'm not getting any launchers (except the manager itself) showing up as an option. I've got Wolf Launcher installed, both latest versions. Any suggestions?
      Where are you not getting the option, you have to click the dropdown and select any launcher/non launcher app
      hi guys

so if i just want to use a ccustom launcher like wolf launcher i will have to do adb things?
      you don't have to do adb thing if you are on FireOS 6 or 7
      Install Launcher Manager, it will set itself up.

Any FireOS 5 guys here? I want someone to test the Launcher Manager for it,
      It will not be as instant as FireOS 6 & 7 Version on boot (will take few seconds to start on boot)
      and there will be 5 sec delay after pressing home, but other bugs are fixed.
      it will not open the launcher randomly. So anyone interested??
      LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

NOTE: READ BEFORE USE
      This app (LMU) contains a code which will auto detect the launcher and will try to disable it.
      Sometimes it can disable something which it shouldn't. In which case you should now how to recover you device, and should know how to use adb, always keep your
      PC authorized in case something goes wrong.

I will not be held responsible if Anything goes wrong with your device.

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
      Screenrecord:
      Launcher Manager Ultimate

All updated. Now using the newest launcher and launcher manager on 2nd gen cube at 7.2.2.9.

Everything is working as expected.

I can also confirm this on my 2nd gen cube.
      Can someone please update the download links for launch Manager and wolf 1.7 and update blocker please. With the migration they appear to be broken. Thanks!!!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone