• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root)

Search This thread

munlochy

Apr 1, 2020
Install these both apps, launch current activity click on "Allow", click on "Start Floating Window",
Click on "Grant".
A popup box should appear on top left,
open kids profile.
note the text on the Popup box, post the text here.
and uninstall both apps.

Note:
text should be something like

com.test
com.test.TestActivity
Great, just done that. For your awareness, the selection screen I get when turning on the TV is below.
selection.jpg

The text in the pop-up box on this screen is:
com.amazon.ftv.profilepicker
com.amazon.ftv.profilepicker.ui.PickerActivity

Interestingly when I load into one of the child profiles there is no pop-up box, the child profiles seem quite locked down so very few of my apps are available i.e. no Kodi etc.

Thanks for your help

SweenWolf

Mar 18, 2016
Paradise
Amazon Fire TV
Great, just done that. For your awareness, the selection screen I get when turning on the TV is below. View attachment 5329657
The text in the pop-up box on this screen is:
com.amazon.ftv.profilepicker
com.amazon.ftv.profilepicker.ui.PickerActivity

Interestingly when I load into one of the child profiles there is no pop-up box, the child profiles seem quite locked down so very few of my apps are available i.e. no Kodi etc.

Thanks for your help
Thanks but i need more than that, can you send me a screenshot of any of the profile opened, you can blur whatever you want. I just want a basic layout.
I also need some apks but i will extract them from official firmware.

Did you say this screen pops up when you turn on the TV, when is that?
With wolf launcher or without wolf launcher.

I need some info because this could cause a slow boot.

cannondale0815

Apr 21, 2009
I've been using Wolf Launcher on my CCGTV for a few days now and love it. Really the only request I have is as follows:

In the original CCGTV launcher, the back button would launch ambient mode (slide show) when on the home screen. Wish this would also work in Wolf Launcher.

munlochy

Apr 1, 2020
Thanks but i need more than that, can you send me a screenshot of any of the profile opened, you can blur whatever you want. I just want a basic layout.
I also need some apks but i will extract them from official firmware.

Did you say this screen pops up when you turn on the TV, when is that?
With wolf launcher or without wolf launcher.

I need some info because this could cause a slow boot.
When the firestick is switched on at the wall or reset it boots to the launcher manager screen. However, most of the time I use standby button which also puts the TV into standby. When turning it back on, some of the time it opens at the wolf launcher, some of the time it opens the last running app (normally kodi) but most of the time it opens at the amazon profile selection screen which was shown in the screenshot above. At all times this is with wolf launcher installed and selected as the custom launcher via launcher manager.

If I select the child profile, this screen briefly appears while it loads:
transition.jpg

And then this is the child profile home screen:
child.jpg

If I then switch to an adult profile and press home it takes me to the wolf launcher home but the launcher then doesn't work properly, the apps are not showing and the only thing that works is long pressing home button. Example pic below with the main apps I use not showing:
main2.jpg

It takes a reset to get it working again.

Software version info:
version.jpg

Hope that this is helpful. If you need anything else then please let me know....

danny_bhoy67

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks to the dev for a great app.

I don't suppose there is anyway to integrate the voice search function with Wolf Launcher? I'm guessing that it is a feature exclusive to the stock launcher, which is a real shame.

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Toronto
Google Pixel 3 XL
There is, it's not posted here but I'll attach it in here for you...
Thank you so much..sorry for asking, I really appreciate it!
I've supported SweenWolf since the beginning (even tried to donate a few times but it never went through.... Maybe Sween can reply or send me a dm with a Bitcoin address that I can donate to this time)

Reactions: Alberhasky

AcidDemon

Jan 11, 2016
I'm trying to set up the ATV Launcher on my Formuler GTV box. I have adb enabled and I can select Enable different launcher, he connects locally but the launcher stays the same.
I took a look at the screenshots and if I looked correctly I should even be able to select the launcher, but I don't get any displayed.

OS is Android 9

jaibubwan

Jan 31, 2017
Hello, I've installed Launcher Manager 1.0.8 (from this thread's attachments) on an Nvidia Shield Pro (latest 2019 model & updates). But it doesn't seem to be working.

I have Developer options enabled with Network debugging enabled.

When I start Launcher Manager, the only two options I can navigate to are 'Launcher Options' & 'Developer Options'.

When I click 'Enable Custom Launcher' it does a quick pop-up then returns to the Launcher Manager main menu.

But the main menu remains the same as before. I can only select between 'Launcher Options' (to enable or disable) & 'Developer Options'.

I see no way to set a custom launcher (such as the Wolf Launcher installed from this thread's attachments).

BTW throughout this entire process, the left side menu displays "Current Launcher" as "Android TV Home".

alksndb

Jun 25, 2021
after some tries i got "com.amazon.tv.launcher and firehomestarter enable 1".
but after restart the cube are still hangs at boot sign.
Is any other command to do to resolve the problem?
I in poco X3 I with android 11 with ADB comand removed
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.msa.global
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.analytics
com.google.android.ext.services
org.ifaa.aidl.manager

After phone restart I get bootlop.

If I run
G:\platform-tools>adb shell
surya:/ $ pm enable com.google.android.ext.services
cmd: Can't find service: package

How you fix this error "cmd: Can't find service: package"?

AlexRuEkb

Sep 11, 2020
LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

NOTE: READ BEFORE USE
This app (LMU) contains a code which will auto detect the launcher and will try to disable it.
Sometimes it can disable something which it shouldn't. In which case you should now how to recover you device, and should know how to use adb, always keep your
PC authorized in case something goes wrong.

I will not be held responsible if Anything goes wrong with your device.

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
Screenrecord:
Hi!
I use this version. Sometimes I need to change the audio in the settings of my Amazon 4K stick, before that I need to turn off the custom launcher, then change the audio, for example to PCM, then turn off the stock Amazon launcher again with Ultimate. Would you add the Audio settings menu to Ultimate?

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
Hi!
I use this version. Sometimes I need to change the audio in the settings of my Amazon 4K stick, before that I need to turn off the custom launcher, then change the audio, for example to PCM, then turn off the stock Amazon launcher again with Ultimate. Would you add the Audio settings menu to Ultimate?
I've asked for that before, SweenWolf said it would require root:

SweenWolf

Mar 18, 2016
Paradise
Amazon Fire TV
First of all sorry for late reply, i was busy.

amazon xray from developer tools should tell the app and package name.

View attachment 5330569
It takes a reset to get it working again.
Try Wolf Launcher 0.1.9

Thanks to the dev for a great app.

I don't suppose there is anyway to integrate the voice search function with Wolf Launcher? I'm guessing that it is a feature exclusive to the stock launcher, which is a real shame.
Yeah voice is handled by our beloved alexa and she talks to amazon only.

is there a launch manager for CCGTV? I didn't see one on the op page, just the wolf launcher for it.
use ATV version of Launcher Manager.

@SweenWolf any update on the ongoing slow boot issue after latest interface upgrade?
nope

is there a version without any logo?
yeah, use latest Wolf Launcher (0.1.9)

I'm trying to set up the ATV Launcher on my Formuler GTV box. I have adb enabled and I can select Enable different launcher, he connects locally but the launcher stays the same.
I took a look at the screenshots and if I looked correctly I should even be able to select the launcher, but I don't get any displayed.

OS is Android 9
if the launcher is a google one then try "Launcher Manager (ATV)" or you can use Launcher Manager Ultimate (a bit overkill, use the ultimate version only after reading the note.)
Hello, I've installed Launcher Manager 1.0.8 (from this thread's attachments) on an Nvidia Shield Pro (latest 2019 model & updates). But it doesn't seem to be working.

I have Developer options enabled with Network debugging enabled.

When I start Launcher Manager, the only two options I can navigate to are 'Launcher Options' & 'Developer Options'.

When I click 'Enable Custom Launcher' it does a quick pop-up then returns to the Launcher Manager main menu.

But the main menu remains the same as before. I can only select between 'Launcher Options' (to enable or disable) & 'Developer Options'.

I see no way to set a custom launcher (such as the Wolf Launcher installed from this thread's attachments).

BTW throughout this entire process, the left side menu displays "Current Launcher" as "Android TV Home".
You used the Launcher Manager for FireTV which is not compatible with Android TV, you can use "Launcher Manager (ATV)" from the OP as it is for Android TV.
I can not use Launcher Manager. I have USB Debugging on and give all permission but on my Shield TV 2019 i dont get the new TV Layout.
Use "Launcher Manager (ATV)" from the OP
I in poco X3 I with android 11 with ADB comand removed
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.msa.global
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.analytics
com.google.android.ext.services
org.ifaa.aidl.manager

After phone restart I get bootlop.

If I run
G:\platform-tools>adb shell
surya:/ $ pm enable com.google.android.ext.services
cmd: Can't find service: package

How you fix this error "cmd: Can't find service: package"?
type
Code:
adb shell
pm list packages -d
and try to enable the apps on the list.
i am saying try because you most likely have softbricked your device and your services aren't running.
in which case youll have to factory reset your device.

Hi!
yeah cannot be done without root. (adb may be able to change the settings)

Just switched to this on my Nvidia Shield after Google's new adware update to the stock launcher.
This launcher is great! I probably should have switched to it a while ago, but didn't have the full motivation to until now.
Thanks for your work on it.
well that's not a cheap device, it should not have a single ad, disappointed in google. and thanks.

Allready seeking couple days but so far no luck. I try to find a shortcuts maker which is compatible with the Wolflauncher, that I can create manual tiles within homescreen with system tasks. Several tried already but so far only an errors that it aint compatible. Is there an app or option to do so?
There's an app named "Shortcut Maker" in Play store. it can create shortcuts to anything. but its mainly for the touch devices so you may need a physical mouse or any other mouse app to navigate.

Reactions: Finnzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This isn't a confidence-inspiring reply.

I don't actually care if you took an abandoned app and updated it making it your own, but the second half of your reply is just unnecessarily confrontational.

You could have just reassured me that your edits were safe, but you choose to be defensive instead.

I think I'll remove your launcher and look for something via the Play Store.

I've lost all confidence in Wolf Launcher.
    Look I'm gonna tell you and everyone what I've done with the launcher till now,
    I have changed the way it launches the app, on latest pro (any pro) it used to crash the apps.
    I fixed the title bar. I then optimized it for FireTV (not any other OS, which caused it to misbehave on some device) which i later fixed. Then some people were having trouble installing both ATV and Wolf simultanously. so i had to change package name which made me to change the launcher name also (that might have been wrong on my side). then i optimized the app once again for FireOS (it caused some freeze issue). Then to fix Setting of Amazon HUD (older version of FireOS), I had to add a code to handle settings (it only works on Amazon and no other device). I changed some sections to give user large wall (that was temporary fix). I removed some http links, but they are used either for update check or to change Network State in the launcher.
    Then i added "App Info" to the launcher, which i only added for non-system apps.
    Later i removed the large section mod and unlocked the widget for Firestick 4k.
    Then I added "Other Settings" which contained option to clear cache and Backup/ Restore function.
    i also added a code which starts the services of Launcher Manager (thats also mainly for FireOS and thats because of Boot Delay). I also added a stroke for tiles.
    thats all i have done to the apk. I have not done this mod to make any money, and i can assure you this app is safe to use. My only intention to mod this app was that this app was almost perfect and there was some bugs which i had to fix myself because the support of this launcher were down. And the only issue at that time was app crash for which i decided not to compile a launcher by myself. I am not forcing you to do anything, I am just clarifying myself, The apps which i have created are safe. and are to improve the user experience only.
    i do not like to or want to rip someone off. I started this mod for FireOS only and no other OS.
    Wolf Launcher is Modded by me, ATV Launcher is an edit of Wolf Launcher which is a mod of ATV.
    ATV Launcher is not edited by me, Its up to you what version you want to stick to. they both can be installed alongside each other.

I have decided to drop any more further update to the Wolf Launcher.

Thanks for response. I understand your answer. Please continue development, because many people use Wolf Launcher on both Shield and Amazon devices. We need you!

Yeah, asking questions is bad... 🤦‍♂️

Moron.

The "I'll uninstall and go to the play store" part is what came off as offensive. He was hesitating to respond because he'd have to remember all the constant changes he'd made in updates - and correctly told you to decompile the apk (or hire someone to do so).

Please have some common-sense. Many Shield users have network monitoring enabled and can detect suspicious activities. That's how Google's ad-serving URL was discovered by the community. If Wolf Launcher was doing something bad, someone would have noticed by this time & gotten a bazillion upvotes on Reddit for posting about it.

And if you didn't notice, pretty much all the launchers on play store have been abandoned by their developers. Far as I know, this is one of two that's actively developed. The work @SweenWolf is doing here to over-come Amazon's censorship will benefit us - if Google attempts to impose that on the Shield.

So in-between passive-aggressively accusing him of stuff - say thank you for being one of the few who is keeping alternate launchers ALIVE.
    The whole line of questioning seems absurd.

Starting with the old, 'people are saying' and 'I'm just asking questions'. And then being offended by not getting a happy friendly reply, to what you are insinuating.

If you don't trust the developer of the app+mod to not add malware, why would you trust him to tell you if there is malware? The logic there is rediculous. If you don't trust the developer, investigate the app yourself. If that's beyond your capability, don't install it and move on.

I see a couple comments on Reddit asking why Google services was removed (including from the person complaining here), apparently oblivious to the fact that they are in the FireTV section of XDA and that FireOS doesn't have the Google Play Store.

Some simple reading of this thread and one can see that this app+mod was developed for FireTV devices. As it's become more popular AndroidTV users have asked for modifications to use it for their devices.

It's one thing to be cautious and another thing to passive aggressively accuse someone of something with zero evidence.
    That's an extremely confusing reply.
    The last version of the original ATV Launcher pro was 0.1.5, I took it to 0.1.9 with Wolf Launcher. and then someone edited Wolf Launcher 0.1.9 to ATV Launcher 0.1.9 and send it to me. so i posted it on OP and it started causing confusion. The ATV Launcher 0.1.9 is not original and also its not edited by me. and also because of that services for Launcher Manager will not be started by the ATV launcher, it can only be started by Wolf Launcher.
    Wolf Launcher has become very popular amongst Shield owners since Google pushed out their bloated ad filled UI.

However you're being accused of "pirating" ATV Launcher all over Reddit. Some say you flat out stole it, other say ATV was abandoned and you took over, some even claim your version is a security/privacy risk.

Would you be able to clear up how you came about the code for ATV Launcher?
    I do not have any source code of ATV launcher, the apk came from play store, which i can use anywhere except FireTV because there is no play store on it, as written in the OP it is a Modded version of ATV Pro.
    And about the privacy and security risk, I cannot say anything about it, you have the whole apk by yourself, you can decompile and check for anything suspicious or you can check if i am stealing any data from you.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV. (Latest: 1.1.2)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and select "Enable Custom Launcher".
    If you get "CONNECTION FAILED" then see INFO section.
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.
    If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", see INFO section.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.
    INFO:
    • If you get "CONNECTION FAILED", click on "OPEN ADB SETTINGS" and enable "ADB DEBUGGING" and Press BACK Button. If you still get this error Restart your Device (Long Press SELECT + PLAY/PAUSE Button)and disconnect from PC if Connected.
    • If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", it means you don't have a custom launcher Installed, just install the launcher and you'll be good to go, no need to enable stock.
    • You can only open some of the Settings using Launcher Manager, to Access All the Settings then you have to Disable Custom Launcher.
    SCREENSHOTS (1.0.7):
    S1.png S2.png S3.png S4.png S5.png

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:

• Added Keyboard Change Options (in Display & Sound section)
    • Added Display & Sounds Option (Display, Sounds, Overscan, CEC)
    • Fixed Equipment Control
    • Boot Delay is fixed by Amzon on newer Roms.
    • Settings from Amazon Hud opens Launcher Manager (On updating to 1.0.9 from older version its mendatory to click on "Enable Custom Launcher" just one time for this to work)
    • For the Devices with New Updated Amazon Interface
    • Removed Launcher Choices
    • Now using single key for all the apps. (Remove older version first to update the key.)
    • Delay is still there, needs logcat
    • In-app Updates
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Changed UI
    • Changed Package Name
    • Changed Install location to Internal Only
    • Added System and Developers Shortcut
    • Fixed issue where launcher is stuck sometimes
    • Added option to choose any Custom Launcher *
    • Can be Launched from Amazon Hud *
    * Needs Launcher Manager to be set as Default Launcher. (LM is auto selected)
    * If launched by Amazon HUD, Long press will open Launcher manager, press back to exit from there. (Fixed in 1.0.6)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FireOS Update Blocker (FOS 6+)
    This app can be used to Enable or Disable Amazon System Update.
    Update Blocker (Click to Download)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (Android TV)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your AndroidTV. (Latest: 1.0.3)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Enable Custom Launcher".
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.
    FIRETV SETTINGS (3.0)
    *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower) or 6.2.8.0 with patched Accessibility
    pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    needed for proper working of this app

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW (not necessary for app working)
    needed to show mouse/package overlay

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS (needed for package overlay only when accessibility services are disabled) (not needed)

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    (needed for prime accessibility workaround) (prime workaround will disable accessibility services temporarily so prime video will auto hide the bar, it will restart the services once home button is pressed).

To start service for first time click on (START SERVICE) on Top Right.

To toggle mouse mode long press "Play/Pause", to scroll use Fast Forward/Rewind
    press menu button to switch scrolling direction.

Key Bindings:
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Long Press) = Traditional Amazon Menu
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Single Click) = Amazon Home
    Home (Long Press) = Shortcuts & App Drawer
    (In App Drawer) Long Press on Item = App option & Appstore link

Mouse functionality added from this source. MATVT (GitHub)

LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.0.6) (FOS5)

STEPS:

1. Steps to install app on FireTV
    Download Main File via this link Launcher Manager (FOS5)
    then install it on Your FireTV running FireOS 5

2. Steps to be setup the App

If you know how to use ADB then here are the commands
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    [OR]
    or you can download FireTV Toolbox
    install it on any Android device (not on the Main FireTV device)
    Enter the IP address of your FireTV in this app and click on Connect
    Click on "GO" button after "Setup Launcher Manager"
    it will auto launch the app on FireTV.
    Select the launcher of your choice and enable Launcher Detection, click on save.

FireTV Toolbox
    http://bit.ly/SWFTB16
    Launcher Manager (FireOS 5)
    http://bit.ly/SW5LM106
    This isn't a confidence-inspiring reply.

I don't actually care if you took an abandoned app and updated it making it your own, but the second half of your reply is just unnecessarily confrontational.

You could have just reassured me that your edits were safe, but you choose to be defensive instead.

I think I'll remove your launcher and look for something via the Play Store.

I've lost all confidence in Wolf Launcher.
    Look I'm gonna tell you and everyone what I've done with the launcher till now,
    I have changed the way it launches the app, on latest pro (any pro) it used to crash the apps.
    I fixed the title bar. I then optimized it for FireTV (not any other OS, which caused it to misbehave on some device) which i later fixed. Then some people were having trouble installing both ATV and Wolf simultanously. so i had to change package name which made me to change the launcher name also (that might have been wrong on my side). then i optimized the app once again for FireOS (it caused some freeze issue). Then to fix Setting of Amazon HUD (older version of FireOS), I had to add a code to handle settings (it only works on Amazon and no other device). I changed some sections to give user large wall (that was temporary fix). I removed some http links, but they are used either for update check or to change Network State in the launcher.
    Then i added "App Info" to the launcher, which i only added for non-system apps.
    Later i removed the large section mod and unlocked the widget for Firestick 4k.
    Then I added "Other Settings" which contained option to clear cache and Backup/ Restore function.
    i also added a code which starts the services of Launcher Manager (thats also mainly for FireOS and thats because of Boot Delay). I also added a stroke for tiles.
    thats all i have done to the apk. I have not done this mod to make any money, and i can assure you this app is safe to use. My only intention to mod this app was that this app was almost perfect and there was some bugs which i had to fix myself because the support of this launcher were down. And the only issue at that time was app crash for which i decided not to compile a launcher by myself. I am not forcing you to do anything, I am just clarifying myself, The apps which i have created are safe. and are to improve the user experience only.
    i do not like to or want to rip someone off. I started this mod for FireOS only and no other OS.
    Wolf Launcher is Modded by me, ATV Launcher is an edit of Wolf Launcher which is a mod of ATV.
    ATV Launcher is not edited by me, Its up to you what version you want to stick to. they both can be installed alongside each other.

I have decided to drop any more further update to the Wolf Launcher.

Thanks for response. I understand your answer. Please continue development, because many people use Wolf Launcher on both Shield and Amazon devices. We need you!

Yeah, asking questions is bad... 🤦‍♂️

Moron.

The "I'll uninstall and go to the play store" part is what came off as offensive. He was hesitating to respond because he'd have to remember all the constant changes he'd made in updates - and correctly told you to decompile the apk (or hire someone to do so).

Please have some common-sense. Many Shield users have network monitoring enabled and can detect suspicious activities. That's how Google's ad-serving URL was discovered by the community. If Wolf Launcher was doing something bad, someone would have noticed by this time & gotten a bazillion upvotes on Reddit for posting about it.

And if you didn't notice, pretty much all the launchers on play store have been abandoned by their developers. Far as I know, this is one of two that's actively developed. The work @SweenWolf is doing here to over-come Amazon's censorship will benefit us - if Google attempts to impose that on the Shield.

So in-between passive-aggressively accusing him of stuff - say thank you for being one of the few who is keeping alternate launchers ALIVE.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

This app can disable Stock Launcher of Any Android TV (except anything running on Fireos 5), it requires Network Debugging to function.
    The way it works is it finds the stock launcher and disables it.
    It does that in a loop until "android" itself is set as default launcher.
    at this point if there are no Custom launchers are installed on the system then you will see only a black screen.
    So a custom launcher should be installed prior to enabling the custom launcher.

some apps also broadcasts themselves as launcher and if they are installed as system app and are set as default launcher then it will also disable them.
    some launcher integrates settings in them so disabling the launcher will disable settings also.
    the apps who broadcasts themselves as Fallback home will not be disabled.

There were certain cases where user uninstalled launcher and got blank screen, to mitigate that issue LMU will set itself as the launcher and call the other launchers on its behalf. so if the launcher is deleted then pressing the home button will launch LMU, from where you can disable custom launcher support.

If it detects that after disabling everything it doesn't reach the "android" itself and is unable to find a launcher then it will rollback itself, enabling every single thing it disabled.

Changes:
    Fixed Settings Shortcut for Amazon Hud.
    Fixed Disabling of "Android"

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
    Screenrecord:
    Launcher Manager Ultimate

PERMISSIONS MANAGER
    This app uses shell to grant or deny any permissions that an app requires.
    Usage:
    Select an app and click on it
    From the list of permission which you want to grant or deny the access and click ok
    select "Allow" or "Deny"

I started the app a long time ago, but made no change to it, It does its job so I'm not gonna bother in improving its looks.
    Ignore any typo you find and especially if you see "Launcher Manager" in it, these aren't related i just copy pasted the code and not changed the variables.
    I was told that your launcher would solve many of the problems with the ATV Launcher I am using on my Android Box.

Do you have a version. or can it be modified, so that there is no logo such as the amazon firetv or nvidia shield logo?

Thanks
    It can be modified, it also has some bug fixed and i do have a version without any status bar logo.

My android tv box has the ability to select the defauly launcher builtin. Do I need the launcher manager or button remapper apps?
    Can I just use the wolf launcher itself?
    You can use it with native Android method without any extra apps.

@SweenWolf would it be possible to add a link to 'Display & Sounds' from the settings page to the launch manager?
    No, unfortunately it cannot be added without root.

Thanks very much for this great launcher.
    I have just installed the latest Amazon update to 6.2.8.0 and now boot up takes about 40 seconds longer with the Wolf launcher set as custom launcher as opposed to the Amazon one. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to fix this as didn't have this problem on previous 6.2.7.7
    I'm experiencing the same problem
    Yeah its a known issue (for devices with new updated UI), I'm pushing an update in a few minutes or hours (install only if you have updated to new Amazon UI)
    Just make sure you have installed a single custom launcher only, multiple launcher functionality will be removed, or it can be retained also, but I'll have to patch every known Custom launcher.
    Tell me which option do you want, for now I'm removing that, may come back in future release.

I'm not getting any launchers (except the manager itself) showing up as an option. I've got Wolf Launcher installed, both latest versions. Any suggestions?
    Where are you not getting the option, you have to click the dropdown and select any launcher/non launcher app
    hi guys

so if i just want to use a ccustom launcher like wolf launcher i will have to do adb things?
    you don't have to do adb thing if you are on FireOS 6 or 7
    Install Launcher Manager, it will set itself up.

Any FireOS 5 guys here? I want someone to test the Launcher Manager for it,
    It will not be as instant as FireOS 6 & 7 Version on boot (will take few seconds to start on boot)
    and there will be 5 sec delay after pressing home, but other bugs are fixed.
    it will not open the launcher randomly. So anyone interested??